|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mawu utter to Lizzie when she comes rushing toward Lizzie who is hanging out the laundry?
2. Whose cottage catches fire on the night of the barbecue?
(a) Sir and Reenie's.
(b) Lizzie and Drayle's.
(c) Philip and Virginia's.
(d) Tip and Mawu's.
3. Where does Reenie now work as a maid?
(c) New York.
4. Which of the slave women is afraid to go swimming?
5. At the resort, Lizzie has dreams about what?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Having more babies.
(d) Killing Drayle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lizzie on the first summer trip she takes on the steamboat?
2. From whom does Lizzie receive a letter at the resort?
3. Where does Lizzie sleep during this visit to the resort?
4. What does Lizzie do when Drayle refuses to answer her request?
5. Where is Sweet's body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Reenie escaped to and what keeps Lizzie from running away immediately?
2. Why does religion play such a big part in the lives and deaths of the slaves?
3. Why is Lizzie reminded of watching a dog die while lying in the sun after Philip is punished by Drayle?
4. How does Drayle show that, while favorites of his, Lizzie and Philip are not above being punished and reminded of their slave status in life?
5. What is the ultimate decision Lizzie makes regarding her pregnancy and her ultimate goal?
6. Why does Sweet's master behave so cavalierly at her death?
7. What does Fran's presence at the Tawawa House mean for Lizzie?
8. What is different for Lizzie during the last trip to the Tawawa House?
9. How does the absence of Sweet, Reenie and Mawu alter Lizzie's feelings about Drayle?
10. Describe how the old man who was a freed slave traveling on the train to Ohio signifies the importance of freedom regardless of age?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)