|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie notice right away when she sees Glory?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is limping.
(c) She has a broken arm.
(d) She is missing a finger.
2. What does Sweet ask the slave women to help her bury in memory of her daughter who has died?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A black dress.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A locket.
3. What do Reenie and Lizzie cook over the barbecue fire?
(c) Beef tips.
(d) Pork chops.
4. Which of the slave women is afraid to go swimming?
5. Whose cottage catches fire on the night of the barbecue?
(a) Sir and Reenie's.
(b) Tip and Mawu's.
(c) Lizzie and Drayle's.
(d) Philip and Virginia's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drayle tells Lizzie that the Tawawa House is to be converted into ________________________.
2. What song do the women sing at Sweet's burial?
3. How many of Sweet's children have died in a year?.
4. How is Sweet buried?
5. What does Glory deliver to the resort?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lizzie show her naivete regarding the rape on the ship and Drayle's reaction to it?
2. How does the absence of Sweet, Reenie and Mawu alter Lizzie's feelings about Drayle?
3. Why does religion play such a big part in the lives and deaths of the slaves?
4. Why has Mawu waited a year in the cabin in the woods after running away from her master?
5. What frightens Lizzie about the prospect that Drayle could free Philip?
6. What is it about Mawu's personality that allows her to ask Lizzie if Drayle is "God to you"?
7. What spiritual connection does Mawu feel for Lizzie?
8. How does the author address the topics of slave catchers and abolitionists?
9. How is Lizzie's bondage on the ship more like a slave than a preferred mistress?
10. What is different for Lizzie during the last trip to the Tawawa House?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)