|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mawu tried to use to no avail to keep her master from her?
(a) An ax.
(b) Conjuring and potions.
(d) A broom.
2. Why is Sweet not given permission to leave her cottage?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is being punished.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not have the day off.
3. What new items do the women select for the event in #24?
4. What color is Rabbit's hair?
5. Who is Tip?
(a) Mawu's brother.
(b) Mawu's master.
(c) Philip's brother.
(d) Lizzie's son.
6. What does Drayle ask Lizzie to give him?
(a) A buttermilk pie.
(b) A letter.
(c) A child.
(d) Her books.
7. Why does the man in the black hat want the money back that he has paid for Lizzie?
(a) He discovers that she has a club foot.
(b) He learns that she can read and write.
(c) He thinks she is sick.
(d) She is not strong enough to work.
8. What does Drayle bring to Lizzie on the first night he visits her at the plantation?
(a) A jug of wine.
(b) Peanut Brittle.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A new hat.
9. Who is Lizzie's master?
10. Who attempts to rape Lizzie in the slave quarters?
11. Who convinces Drayle to let the slaves have Sundays off?
12. What name is given to Lizzie's son?
13. Which kind of slave is the most dangerous in the South?
(a) An informed one.
(b) A rebellious one.
(c) A bitter one.
(d) An ignorant one.
14. Drayle bribes Lizzie with _______________ to gain increasing access to her physically.
15. What does Lizzie do when Fran turns her over to the man in the black hat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yancy give Fran when she visits?
2. The slave women receive invitations to _________________________.
3. In which state do the slaves vacation with their masters?
4. Who is the white woman who promises to show the slaves the way to the resort for freed blacks?
5. What does Mawu make up her mind to see?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)