|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: (1853): Chapters 34 - 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzie read to the slaves at night?
(a) The abolition pamphlets.
(b) The Xenia Gazette.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Oliver Twist.
2. What does Lizzie learn about her sister from Big Mama?
(a) She is very ill.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been sold.
3. Who makes Lizzie uncomfortable when she is dancing with Drayle?
(a) One of the waiters.
(b) The hotel manager.
4. How many slaves are sitting outside a cabin talking and chewing on flowers as the novel begins?
5. Drayle makes arrangements for the slaves to go to _______________ to do something nice for Sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awakens Drayle and Lizzie as they sleep in Lizzie's storeroom?
2. Which of the slave children does Yancy especially admire?
3. Who is Reenie's master?
4. What do some of the white women do while Philip is chained to a tree?
5. Who does Mawu credit for Philip's good luck in being sold to the barber?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)