|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I (1852): Chapters 6 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recipe does Lizzie want Mawu to give her?
(a) Coconut cake.
(b) Hare stew.
(c) Pulled pork.
(d) Okra stew.
2. What day of the week do the slaves get off from their duties?
3. What request does Lizzie make of her master?
(a) Set their children free.
(b) Buy her a new dress.
(c) Let her go swimming.
(d) Give her a necklace.
4. The slave women receive invitations to _________________________.
(a) Dinner with their masters.
(b) A hayride.
(c) A ball.
(d) A community picnic.
5. Who is Reenie's master?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves are sitting outside a cabin talking and chewing on flowers as the novel begins?
2. What does Mawu make up her mind to see?
3. Who is the only woman Mawu knows who might be able to help her get away from her master?
4. What are Mawu's distinguishing characteristics?
5. Who tells Drayle that Mawu plans to run away?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)