|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helene start to fall in love with Harry?
(a) From play rehearsals.
(b) From their weekend getaways.
(c) From her sister's pushing.
(d) From his love letters.
2. In "Miss Temptation," what does Fuller want to speak against at divinity school?
(b) Women's rights.
3. Where did Foster's father spend much of his time according to Alma?
(a) At home, sleeping.
(b) At work.
(c) With his children, playing.
(d) In bars.
4. Why does Mrs. Hagar come running to her house in "Next Door?"
(a) She was robbed.
(b) She wants to yell at her husband.
(c) She wants money from her husband.
(d) She wants to make up with her husband.
5. What do the narrator and Anne give Grace and George?
(a) A box of cookies.
(b) An ottoman.
(c) A coffee table.
(d) A filing cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newt do because he loves Catharine?
2. Why can't Helene give Harry a present on opening night?
3. What does Foster do at the restaurant he claims to work at in "The Foster Portfolio?"
4. What does the Sheriff warn Nancy about Billy the Poet?
5. Why does Helene have a difficult time acting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catharine change when she goes to the orchard with Newt?
2. What changes does Barnstable go through, as described in "Where I Live?"
3. What do Sousa and Heinz talk about in the hospital?
4. How does Alma describe Foster's childhood to the investor in "The Foster Portfolio?"
5. What happens the first time the narrator visits Gloria's house in "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son?"
6. Why does the professor speak against Euphios in "The Euphio Question?"
7. Why does the salesman go home in "Where I Live?"
8. What types of handicaps must people wear in "Harrison Bergeron?"
9. Why is Paul frightened in "Next Door?"
10. What happens when Joe leaves the orphanage in "D.P.?"
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)