|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapter 7 - "Interlude".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does the village carpenter have?
2. What word from the novel refers to a woman's abode?
3. How does Njoroge end up in Mwihaki's class in Chapter 4?
(a) He is demoted one grade.
(b) He is held back for one grade.
(c) He is promoted one grade.
(d) He is sent to the girls' school.
4. Who says "Education is the light of Kenya," according to Kamau in Chapter 4 (38)?
5. What does Njoroge recall a young Indian boy giving him, causing his mother to rebuke him, in Chapter 4?
(a) A candy.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the "Interlude" means freedom?
2. Who is the teacher that teaches Njoroge's class English in Chapter 5?
3. Who is the male teacher that Njoroge recalls teaching his first lesson in school?
4. Who are Njeri's three sons?
5. Who leads Njoroge to school on his first day in Chapter 2?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)