Part 1: "The Waning Light," Chapters 1 - 2
1. The narrator states in Chapter 1 that "time and bad conditions do not favour" what (3)?
2. What is Kamau apprenticeshipping to become in Chapter 1?
(a) A tailor.
(b) A miller.
(c) A baker.
(d) A carpenter.
3. What does Nyokabi tell Njoroge she will buy him when his father gets paid in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A pair of pants and a suit jacket.
(b) A shirt and a pair of shorts.
(c) A calico.
(d) A pair of pants and a sweater.
4. Who is the big son of Jacobo?
5. Where is Mr. Howlands from?
(d) The United States.
6. What is the local town that is described in Chapter 1?
7. What is the name of the village were Njoroge lives in Chapter 1?
8. What is the area in central Kenya called where Njoroge lives in Chapter 1?
(b) Uasin Gishu.
This section contains 3,935 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)