|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most men choose to employ their capitals?
2. What has increased in countries where interest on borrowed money has been prohibited by law?
3. What was unserviceable for corn merchants, exporters, and importers?
4. What are the people who employ their own capital called?
5. What is the second part of capital use in every growing society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the original two kinds of militia.
2. What are the two ways a borrower can use borrowed stock?
3. How is the interest rate for borrowed money determined?
4. What is the significance of where the capital of a manufacturer resides?
5. How is unproductive labor maintained by revenue?
6. What are the two ways to impose land tax?
7. Why do most men choose to employ their capitals in the improvement and cultivation of land?
8. What is a drawback?
9. What are the three ways capital is used in the natural growth of a new society?
10. What are the four general maxims regarding taxes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain with examples, the three reasons why laying extraordinary restraints upon particular countries with which the importation of goods of almost all kinds from balance of trade is not disadvantageous as supposed, but rather the results of national prejudice and animosity.
Essay Topic 2
Merchants and manufacturers desire the most extensive foreign sale for their goods but their home country has no jurisdiction in foreign nations. Consequently, they are obliged to petition for certain encouragements to exportation. These encouragements what are called drawbacks. Explain with examples how drawbacks work for both the exporting and importing country. What are the benefits and/or hindrances to both?
Essay Topic 3
Explain with examples what happens to commerce in a society when gold and silver are devalued.
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)