|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. St. Thomas and Santa Cruz are the only new world countries ever possessed by which country?
2. Where is the wool of southern Scotland manufactured?
3. In seeking for employment to a capital, what is preferred to foreign commerce?
4. What are the natural consequences of the law of primogeniture?
5. Where does the town gain its wealth and subsistence from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a drawback?
2. Why do most men choose to employ their capitals in the improvement and cultivation of land?
3. What is the principal cause for the rapid progress of the American colonies towards wealth?
4. What are bounties?
5. How is the interest rate for borrowed money determined?
6. Why does want of parsimony in time of peace necessitate the contracting of debt in time of war?
7. What are the four general maxims regarding taxes?
8. What are the two ways to impose land tax?
9. How does the capital of the wholesale merchant support the productive labor of society?
10. What were the consequences of the German and Scythian nations overrunning the western provinces of the Roman empire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and give examples for the two different meanings of the word 'value' as applied to use and exchange.
Essay Topic 2
There are two different views concerning whether or not a nation in wealthy. One view says that money is the measure of wealth, while the other says movable goods are the measure. Compare and contrast these two points of view.
Essay Topic 3
Explain with examples how restraining, high duties, or absolute prohibitions on the importation of foreign goods that can be produced at home secure a domestic monopoly.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)