|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the quantity of silver increases?
2. What is true of the capital employed in agriculture and in the retail trade of any society?
3. How many ways are there to employ capital?
4. What was prohibited from exportation in France until 1764?
5. What is not an example of unproductive labor?
Essay Topic 1
The text says "Labour measures the value not only of that part of price which resolves itself into labour, but of that which resolves itself into rent, and of that which resolves itself into profit." Explain with examples how the price of every commodity in every improved society finally resolves itself into all of those three parts.
Essay Topic 2
What knowledge and ready organizational systems do colonists carry with them to build a new colony? How does the abundance of land affect the colonists' knowledge and systems?
Essay Topic 3
Explain with examples how the discovery of a passage to the East Indies by the Cape of Good Hope opened an more extensive range to foreign commerce than even that of America.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)