|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the quantity of silver increases?
2. What is true of the capital employed in agriculture and in the retail trade of any society?
3. How many ways are there to employ capital?
4. What was prohibited from exportation in France until 1764?
5. What is not an example of unproductive labor?
Essay Topic 1
The text says "Labour measures the value not only of that part of price which resolves itself into labour, but of that which resolves itself into rent, and of that which resolves itself into profit." Explain with examples how the price of every commodity in every improved society finally resolves itself into all of those three parts.
Essay Topic 2
Define and give examples for the two different meanings of the word 'value' as applied to use and exchange.
Essay Topic 3
"Though all capitals are destined for the maintenance of productive labor only, yet the quantity of that labor which equal capitals are capable of putting into motion varies extremely according to the diversity of their employment." Explain and give examples of the four different ways that capital can be employed and tell why these four ways are absolutely necessary.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)