|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time the book was written, what commodity regulated the value of all other home-made commodities?
2. What does a man expect when he employs his stock as capital?
3. Where does the town gain its wealth and subsistence from?
4. What was the first article in the treaty of commerce between England and Portugal?
5. According to the author why, two or three centuries before, were his British ancestors mostly idle concerning industry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain with examples how restraining, high duties, or absolute prohibitions on the importation of foreign goods that can be produced at home secure a domestic monopoly.
Essay Topic 2
The gross revenue of a great country includes the whole annual produce of their land and labor and their net revenue, calculated after deducting the expense of maintaining their fixed and circulating capital. Explain with examples how fixed capital is maintained and how this maintenance benefits revenue.
Essay Topic 3
The text says "Labour measures the value not only of that part of price which resolves itself into labour, but of that which resolves itself into rent, and of that which resolves itself into profit." Explain with examples how the price of every commodity in every improved society finally resolves itself into all of those three parts.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)