|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the whole annual produce of the land and labor of every country used for?
2. As capital increases in any country, what happens to the profits which can be made by employing them ?
3. How are capitals diminished?
4. What comes before convenience?
5. At the time the book was written, what commodity regulated the value of all other home-made commodities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does want of parsimony in time of peace necessitate the contracting of debt in time of war?
2. What is the significance of where the capital of a manufacturer resides?
3. Why does the colony of a civilized nation which takes possession of thinly inhabited country make rapid advances in that country?
4. What are the two ways a borrower can use borrowed stock?
5. How is unproductive labor maintained by revenue?
6. What happens when a country forbids collecting interest on borrowed money?
7. What are the four general maxims regarding taxes?
8. What is the difference between the two kinds of labor?
9. In the North American colonies, what does an artificer do who has acquired a little more stock than is necessary for carrying on his own business in supplying the neighboring country?
10. What are bounties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain with examples, why bounties ought to be given only to those branches of trade which cannot be carried on without them.
Essay Topic 2
With specific examples, compare and contrast the forms of defense among these different societies - 1. a nation of hunters; 2. a nation of shepherds; 3. a nation of husbandmen with no foreign commerce or manufacture.
Essay Topic 3
Define and give examples for the two different meanings of the word 'value' as applied to use and exchange.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)