|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the natural consequences of the law of primogeniture?
2. How should revenue from public stock be supplemented?
3. What is the third part of capital use in every growing society?
4. Before the American Revolution, what monopoly did Britain hold in Maryland and Virginia?
5. What happens to productive labor when the funds for maintaining it are increased?
Essay Topic 1
The gross revenue of a great country includes the whole annual produce of their land and labor and their net revenue, calculated after deducting the expense of maintaining their fixed and circulating capital. Explain with examples how fixed capital is maintained and how this maintenance benefits revenue.
Essay Topic 2
"When a nation binds itself by treaty either to permit the entry of certain goods from one foreign country which it prohibits from all others, or to exempt the goods of one country from duties to which it subjects those of all others, the country, or at least the merchants and manufacturers of the country, whose commerce is so favored, must necessarily derive great advantage from the treaty." Explain with examples, how treaties, though they may be advantageous to the merchants and manufacturers of the favored, are necessarily disadvantageous to those of the favoring country.
Essay Topic 3
Explain with examples what happens to commerce in a society when gold and silver are devalued.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)