|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one consequence when the German and Scythian nations overran the western provinces of the Roman empire?
2. How do most men choose to employ their capitals?
3. What is a common source of revenue for small republics?
4. Where does the town gain its wealth and subsistence from?
5. In 1715, what was the name of the accumulated taxes which had been mortgaged for paying the bank annuity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the principal cause for the rapid progress of the American colonies towards wealth?
2. What is a drawback?
3. What are the three ways capital is used in the natural growth of a new society?
4. What were the consequences of the German and Scythian nations overrunning the western provinces of the Roman empire?
5. How does the capital of the wholesale merchant support the productive labor of society?
6. Why do most men choose to employ their capitals in the improvement and cultivation of land?
7. How does a country fix the rate of interest on borrowed money so as to discourage usury?
8. What is the difference between the two kinds of labor?
9. How is the interest rate for borrowed money determined?
10. How is the military an example of unproductive labor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the general characteristics of the division of labor between small and large manufacturers. How are they the same? How are they different? How is division of labor generally advantageous?
Essay Topic 2
The gross revenue of a great country includes the whole annual produce of their land and labor and their net revenue, calculated after deducting the expense of maintaining their fixed and circulating capital. Explain with examples how fixed capital is maintained and how this maintenance benefits revenue.
Essay Topic 3
Explain with examples, the three reasons why laying extraordinary restraints upon particular countries with which the importation of goods of almost all kinds from balance of trade is not disadvantageous as supposed, but rather the results of national prejudice and animosity.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)