|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supplies the inhabitants of the town both with the materials of their work, and the means of their subsistence?
2. What is an example of a mercantile project?
3. During the sixteenth century, who claimed all of America as its own?
4. What does a North American colonial artificer do when he has acquired a little more stock than is necessary for carrying on his own business in supplying the neighboring country?
5. What kind of wine is not a European commodity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain with examples how the discovery of a passage to the East Indies by the Cape of Good Hope opened an more extensive range to foreign commerce than even that of America.
Essay Topic 2
"The increase and riches of commercial and manufacturing towns contributed to the improvement and cultivation of the countries to which they belonged in three different ways." Explain with examples the three ways mentioned in the quote above.
Essay Topic 3
Define and give examples for the two kinds of stock a workman may possess. Explain and give examples for the three ways stock is used for personal consumption.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)