|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through End of Book 4 & Book 5, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the common instrument of commerce among the ancient Romans?
2. What are the two kinds of labor?
(a) Wage earning and charitable.
(b) Productive and unproductive.
(c) Professional and unskilled.
(d) Manual and mental.
3. How are the dispositions that form the difference of talents of various professions considered?
(a) They are considered a hindrance to progress.
(b) They are considered obstacles to overcome.
(c) They are considered useful.
(d) They are considered inconsequential.
4. What is the principal cause of the rapid progress of the American colonies?
(a) Nearly their entire capitals are employed in agriculture.
(b) Nearly their entire capitals are employed in settlements.
(c) Nearly their entire capitals are employed in commerce.
(d) Nearly their entire capitals are employed in land.
5. What is a common characteristic for a workman under division of labor?
(a) Every workman produces more than he needs.
(b) Every workman is equal to every other workman.
(c) Every workman has the means to improve himself.
(d) Every workman has increased purchasing power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the idea of division of labor come about?
2. Before the American Revolution, what monopoly did Britain hold in Maryland and Virginia?
3. What is the name of a species of farmers in France who succeeded the slave cultivators of ancient times?
4. According to the text, what does this saying describe: "Give me that which I want, and you shall have this which you want"?
5. By the nature of things, what must there be before the division of labor in a particular job?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)