|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through End of Book 4 & Book 5, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of revenue remains free to a country after deducting the expense of maintaining their fixed circulating capital?
(a) Gross revenue.
(b) Consumption revenue.
(c) Production revenue.
(d) Net revenue.
2. What is the state of the greater part of the laboring poor in all countries?
(a) Their labor is sporadic and not continual.
(b) Their revenue is derived from their labor only.
(c) Their labor is not enough for sustenance.
(d) Their revenue is not enough for sustenance.
3. Commonly, why does man #1 help man #2?
(a) Because man #1 has a capacity for benevolence.
(b) Because man #2 has agreed to pay man #1.
(c) Because man #1 sees man #2's genuine need for help.
(d) Because man #1 derives personal benefit from helping man #2.
4. What year was the Bank of England allowed to enlarge its capital stock?
5. Before the American Revolution, what monopoly did Britain hold in Maryland and Virginia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do princes and sovereign states frequently do with their coinage?
2. According to Homer, how much did the armor of Diomede cost?
3. What encourages every man to apply himself to an occupation and cultivate whatever talent he may possess for that particular business?
4. What was the mint price of eight Paris ounces of gold according to the edict of January 1726?
5. What opens an even more extensive market to every sort of industry?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)