|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
2. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
3. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
4. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 3
Identify the plot-related elements of fiction in the story. When does the climax occur? The denouement? What events can be considered major events or turning points? What do these elements mean for the rest of the story/characters?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)