|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
2. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
3. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
4. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
5. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
2. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
3. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
4. How does D-503 describe U-?
5. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
6. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
7. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
8. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
9. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
10. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is each character essential to the story? Discuss the role of background characters like U- and O-90, and other characters who could be considered flat or round.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the changes in tone affect the different journal entries. Which entries show hope, fear, apprehension, tension, etc.? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)