|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
2. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
3. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
4. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
5. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
2. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
3. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
4. What happens during the walk that D-503 relates to the time a meteorite fell into the marching rows of people?
5. What is the Day of Unanimity?
6. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
7. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
8. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
9. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
10. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 2
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)