|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
2. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
3. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
4. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
5. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
2. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
3. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
4. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
5. As a child, why does D-503 get upset on the Day of Unanimity?
6. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
7. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
8. What is the Day of Unanimity?
9. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
10. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is happiness, according to different characters? How is it related to desire, freedom, etc.? Discuss in detail how each character attempts to obtain and/or explain happiness.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Is each character essential to the story? Discuss the role of background characters like U- and O-90, and other characters who could be considered flat or round.
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)