|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
2. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
3. What term does S-4711 use to refer to the presence of numerous Guardian aeros in the sky?
4. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
5. What is postponed due to the Operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
2. How does D-503 describe U-?
3. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
4. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
5. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
6. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
7. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
8. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
9. What is the Day of Unanimity?
10. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Benefactor as a God-like character. Who perceives him this way? What evidence of exaltation do we see in the text and the plot? Does he have a God complex about himself?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze D-503's feelings toward I-330. How do they evolve? Do they come full circle? Does he even fully understand them? Why or why not?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)