|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
2. How do the citizens walk in rows?
3. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
4. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
5. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
2. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
3. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
4. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
5. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
6. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
7. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
8. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
9. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
10. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is happiness, according to different characters? How is it related to desire, freedom, etc.? Discuss in detail how each character attempts to obtain and/or explain happiness.
Essay Topic 2
How are the characters in "We" stereotypes of certain professions or literary archetypes? Do any characters break through stereotypes? Analyze 2-3 characters.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of duty in the story. What are the character's perceived duties? What about punishment as their only right?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)