|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
2. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
3. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
4. What is postponed due to the Operation?
5. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the changes in tone affect the different journal entries. Which entries show hope, fear, apprehension, tension, etc.? How can you tell?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)