|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
2. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
3. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
4. According to U-, "love must be _________."
5. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
Essay Topic 2
How does the format in which "We" is written enhance the story? Do we learn more about the events and/or characters through the journal format? How?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)