|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
2. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
3. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
4. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the presence of two distinct "selves" within the narrator. What circumstances contribute to this division? What conflicting traits exist in him?
Essay Topic 2
What is happiness, according to different characters? How is it related to desire, freedom, etc.? Discuss in detail how each character attempts to obtain and/or explain happiness.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, argue, or defend the notion that "We" is a dystopian novel or a work of science fiction. Can it be both? What elements clearly place it in either category (or both)? Is it just a far-fetched story, or is there an underlying lesson?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)