|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
2. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
3. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
4. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
5. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
2. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
3. How does D-503 describe U-?
4. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
5. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
6. What is the Day of Unanimity?
7. What happens during the walk that D-503 relates to the time a meteorite fell into the marching rows of people?
8. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
9. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
10. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the presence of two distinct "selves" within the narrator. What circumstances contribute to this division? What conflicting traits exist in him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)