|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
2. What is postponed due to the Operation?
3. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
4. According to U-, "love must be _________."
5. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Day of Unanimity?
2. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
3. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
4. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
5. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
6. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
7. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
8. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
9. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
10. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of duty in the story. What are the character's perceived duties? What about punishment as their only right?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)