|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
2. What are the people beyond the Wall wearing?
3. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
4. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
5. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
2. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
3. What is the Day of Unanimity?
4. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
5. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
6. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
7. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
8. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
9. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
10. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)