|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
2. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
3. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
4. What are the people beyond the Wall wearing?
5. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
2. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
3. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
4. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
5. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
6. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
7. What happens during the walk that D-503 relates to the time a meteorite fell into the marching rows of people?
8. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
9. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
10. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 3
Explain what I-330 means when she talks about entropy. Where else is entropy hinted at in the story? Is it a recurring theme?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)