|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
2. Who is with the Guardians that come to inspect D-503's room?
3. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
4. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
5. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
2. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
3. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
4. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
5. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
6. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
7. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
8. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
9. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
10. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is each character essential to the story? Discuss the role of background characters like U- and O-90, and other characters who could be considered flat or round.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 3
How does the format in which "We" is written enhance the story? Do we learn more about the events and/or characters through the journal format? How?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)