|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
2. What is the number of the narrator?
3. What is the narrator's job?
4. What kind of dress does I-330 put on when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
5. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does D-503 realize, for the first time, that he is jealous of other men with I-330?
2. What is the Ancient House?
3. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
4. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
5. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
6. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
7. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
8. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
9. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
10. What is the Gas Bell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the presence of two distinct "selves" within the narrator. What circumstances contribute to this division? What conflicting traits exist in him?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)