|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
2. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
3. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
4. What is D-503's illness?
5. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
2. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
3. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
4. What is the One State's perception of love?
5. How are members of the One State identified?
6. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
7. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
8. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
9. What is the Green Wall?
10. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)