|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
2. To what does D-503 compare the feeling in his ribs?
3. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
4. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
5. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
2. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
3. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
4. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
5. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
6. How does the narrator describe the character known as O-90?
7. What is the One State's perception of love?
8. What is the Ancient House?
9. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
10. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the presence of two distinct "selves" within the narrator. What circumstances contribute to this division? What conflicting traits exist in him?
Essay Topic 2
Explain, argue, or defend the notion that "We" is a dystopian novel or a work of science fiction. Can it be both? What elements clearly place it in either category (or both)? Is it just a far-fetched story, or is there an underlying lesson?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the plot-related elements of fiction in the story. When does the climax occur? The denouement? What events can be considered major events or turning points? What do these elements mean for the rest of the story/characters?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)