|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the body of the Integral made of?
2. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
3. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
4. Besides D-503, who else is O-90 "registered to" for sexual time?
5. Who does the narrator describe as "pink?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
2. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
3. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
4. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
5. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
6. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
7. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
8. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
9. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
10. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does D-503's interpretation of events and concepts seem skewed? What can be attributed to conditioning by the State, and what is all in his mind?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)