|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
2. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
3. Besides D-503, who else is O-90 "registered to" for sexual time?
4. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
5. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does D-503 realize, for the first time, that he is jealous of other men with I-330?
2. What is the Green Wall?
3. How does the narrator describe the character known as O-90?
4. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
5. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
6. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
7. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
8. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
9. What is the Ancient House?
10. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what I-330 means when she talks about entropy. Where else is entropy hinted at in the story? Is it a recurring theme?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the changes in tone affect the different journal entries. Which entries show hope, fear, apprehension, tension, etc.? How can you tell?
Essay Topic 3
What is happiness, according to different characters? How is it related to desire, freedom, etc.? Discuss in detail how each character attempts to obtain and/or explain happiness.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)