|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
2. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
3. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
4. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
5. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to alert the citizens that the Wall has been destroyed?
2. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
3. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
4. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
5. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
6. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
7. What is the One State's perception of love?
8. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
9. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
10. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
Essay Topic 3
Is each character essential to the story? Discuss the role of background characters like U- and O-90, and other characters who could be considered flat or round.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)