|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
2. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
3. How is D-503 informed that I-330 has registered herself to him?
4. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
5. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When D-503 sees the Benefactor's face, what is his reaction?
2. What does the Benefactor talk to D-503 about?
3. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
4. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
5. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
6. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
7. What is D-503's reaction to U-'s nakedness?
8. What is the Green Wall?
9. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
10. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
Essay Topic 1
How does the format in which "We" is written enhance the story? Do we learn more about the events and/or characters through the journal format? How?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze D-503's feelings toward I-330. How do they evolve? Do they come full circle? Does he even fully understand them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)