|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
2. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
3. Where is the celebration of Justice to be held?
4. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
5. What is the Green Wall made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
2. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
3. How are members of the One State identified?
4. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
5. What is the Gas Bell?
6. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
7. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
8. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
9. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
10. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain, argue, or defend the notion that "We" is a dystopian novel or a work of science fiction. Can it be both? What elements clearly place it in either category (or both)? Is it just a far-fetched story, or is there an underlying lesson?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what I-330 means when she talks about entropy. Where else is entropy hinted at in the story? Is it a recurring theme?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze D-503's feelings toward I-330. How do they evolve? Do they come full circle? Does he even fully understand them? Why or why not?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)