|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
2. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
3. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
4. What does D-503 think of S-4711 as, and what does he say that he will start calling him?
5. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
2. What is the One State's perception of love?
3. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
4. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
5. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
6. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
7. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
8. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
9. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
10. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how all the characters in "We" are connected. Who is connected by choice? By duty? By passion? Who feels obligated to protect whom?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the society presented in "We" a primitive one? How is it a civilized one? Can it be both?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)