|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
2. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
3. What object in I-330's room does D-503 forget the name of?
4. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
5. What kind of dress does I-330 put on when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
2. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
3. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
4. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
5. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
6. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
7. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
8. How are members of the One State identified?
9. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
10. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the presence of two distinct "selves" within the narrator. What circumstances contribute to this division? What conflicting traits exist in him?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the plot-related elements of fiction in the story. When does the climax occur? The denouement? What events can be considered major events or turning points? What do these elements mean for the rest of the story/characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)