|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
2. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
3. What is D-503's illness?
4. What season is it when the novel begins?
5. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Green Wall?
2. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
3. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
4. What is the One State's perception of love?
5. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
6. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
7. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
8. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
9. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
10. What is the Ancient House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of duty in the story. What are the character's perceived duties? What about punishment as their only right?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss clarity and irrationality as conflicting themes in the novel. What are some symbols of these concepts? How are they manifested in D-503?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the plot-related elements of fiction in the story. When does the climax occur? The denouement? What events can be considered major events or turning points? What do these elements mean for the rest of the story/characters?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)