|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
2. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
3. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
4. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
5. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
2. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
3. What is the Gas Bell?
4. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
5. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
6. Why is the Integral being built?
7. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
8. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
9. When he awakes with a bandaged head, what is D-503 thinking of?
10. How are members of the One State identified?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the characters in "We" stereotypes of certain professions or literary archetypes? Do any characters break through stereotypes? Analyze 2-3 characters.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what I-330 means when she talks about entropy. Where else is entropy hinted at in the story? Is it a recurring theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)