Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
2. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
3. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
4. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
5. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
2. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
3. What is the Gas Bell?
4. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
5. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
6. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
7. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
8. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
9. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
10. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the primary differences between "We" and "They" in the story? Which is stronger within the story? Answer the narrator's question "Who are they?"
Essay Topic 2
Explain what I-330 means when she talks about entropy. Where else is entropy hinted at in the story? Is it a recurring theme?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)