|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
2. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
3. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
4. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
5. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
2. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
3. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
4. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
5. How does the narrator describe the character known as O-90?
6. How are members of the One State identified?
7. What is the Ancient House?
8. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
9. What is the One State's perception of love?
10. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss math as an underlying theme in the novel. What elements are geometric? What role does algebra play (i.e., what formulas/equations are presented?). How is problem-solution methodology applied?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the plot-related elements of fiction in the story. When does the climax occur? The denouement? What events can be considered major events or turning points? What do these elements mean for the rest of the story/characters?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)