|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as "pink?"
2. What term does the narrator use to describe life as we currently know it?
3. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
4. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
5. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
2. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
3. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
4. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
5. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
6. Why is the Integral being built?
7. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
8. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
9. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
10. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process of revolution as D-503 sees it vs. I-330's opinions about revolution. How is revolution related to evolution in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss clarity and irrationality as conflicting themes in the novel. What are some symbols of these concepts? How are they manifested in D-503?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss plot vs. narrative in the novel. How do we learn more about the themes, symbols, etc. of the story? Through action? From the narrator's assessment of action?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)