|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(c) Arithmetically illiterate.
(d) Stupidly ignorant.
2. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
(c) Black holes.
(d) The sky.
3. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
4. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty seconds.
5. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
(b) A child.
(c) A release form.
(d) A date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
2. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
3. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
4. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
5. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
2. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
3. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
4. What is the Day of Unanimity?
5. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
6. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
7. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
8. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
9. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
10. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)