|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) God and Satan.
(b) Good and Evil.
(c) Entropy and energy.
(d) Fire and water.
2. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(b) Stupidly ignorant.
(d) Arithmetically illiterate.
3. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
4. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
5. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Venom and poison."
(b) "Sun and woods."
(c) "Spite and Rage."
(d) "Lust and betrayal."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
2. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
3. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
4. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
5. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
2. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
3. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
4. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
5. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
6. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
7. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
8. As a child, why does D-503 get upset on the Day of Unanimity?
9. How does D-503 describe U-?
10. What is the Day of Unanimity?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)