|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
2. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(b) Loud speakers.
(c) Music rooms.
(d) Medical tables.
3. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
4. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) Four abreast.
(b) In triangles.
(c) Single file.
(d) In pairs.
5. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
(a) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to U-, "love must be _________."
2. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
3. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
4. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
5. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D-503 describe U-?
2. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
3. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
4. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
5. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
6. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
7. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
8. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
9. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
10. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)