|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
2. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) H2 and O.
(c) Oxygen and Fire.
(d) Moths and Flame.
3. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) From O-90.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The loudpseaker.
(d) From U-.
4. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
(a) His illness.
(b) The progress on the Integral.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) If he loves her.
5. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is a traitor.
(b) That he is always at his desk.
(c) That he is her lover.
(d) That he tried to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
2. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
3. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
4. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
5. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
2. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
3. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
4. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
5. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
6. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
7. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
8. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
9. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
10. As a child, why does D-503 get upset on the Day of Unanimity?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)