|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
(a) "I will die tonight."
(c) "I am a king."
(d) "Good luck."
2. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
3. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
(a) The old woman.
(c) His mother.
4. Who treats D-503 like a child?
(b) His mother.
(d) The Benefactor.
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Arithmetically illiterate.
(d) Stupidly ignorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
2. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
3. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
4. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
5. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
2. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
3. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
4. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
5. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
6. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
7. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
8. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
9. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
10. What is the Day of Unanimity?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)