|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
2. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Stupidly ignorant.
(b) Arithmetically illiterate.
3. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(a) Every week.
(b) Once in a blue moon.
4. According to U-, "love must be _________."
5. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(a) The devil.
(b) The Benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
2. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
3. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
4. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
5. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, why does D-503 get upset on the Day of Unanimity?
2. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
3. What happens during the walk that D-503 relates to the time a meteorite fell into the marching rows of people?
4. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
5. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
6. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
7. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
8. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
9. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
10. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)