|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(b) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
2. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Stage a protest outside the coliseum.
(b) Stay home.
(c) Kill a Guardian.
(d) Raise their hands in opposition to the Benefactor.
3. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
4. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
5. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
2. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
3. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
4. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
2. What does D-503 offer O-90 to save her from death?
3. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
4. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
5. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
6. What happens during the walk that D-503 relates to the time a meteorite fell into the marching rows of people?
7. As a child, why does D-503 get upset on the Day of Unanimity?
8. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
9. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
10. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)