|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(b) Medical tables.
(c) Music rooms.
(d) Loud speakers.
2. Where does U- work?
(a) The Gas Bell.
(b) The Medical Office.
(c) The Child-Rearing Factory.
(d) The Accumulator Tower.
3. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
(b) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
4. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
5. Who treats D-503 like a child?
(a) The Benefactor.
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
2. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
3. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
4. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
5. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
2. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
3. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
4. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
5. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
6. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
7. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
8. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
9. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
10. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)