|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
2. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Stupidly ignorant.
(d) Arithmetically illiterate.
3. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Spite and Rage."
(b) "Sun and woods."
(c) "Venom and poison."
(d) "Lust and betrayal."
4. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
5. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(a) The stars.
(b) The Integral.
(c) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
2. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
3. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
4. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
5. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does D-503 describe U-?
2. What alarming event occurs at the Day of Unanimity ceremony?
3. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
4. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
5. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
6. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
7. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
8. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
9. What happens when O-90 shows up unannounced at D-503's room?
10. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)