|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Arithmetically illiterate.
(d) Stupidly ignorant.
2. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
3. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) In pairs.
(b) Single file.
(c) In triangles.
(d) Four abreast.
4. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Life without love is death.
(b) Love plus death equals paradise.
(c) Love is a function of death.
(d) Love minus happiness equals death.
5. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
2. Where does U- work?
3. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
4. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
5. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Day of Unanimity?
2. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
3. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
4. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
5. What is D-503 to do at 12:00 sharp on the day that the Integral makes its test flight?
6. How does D-503 describe U-?
7. Who does D-503 see together at the ceremony that causes him to feel jealous?
8. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
9. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
10. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)