|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Love is a function of death.
(b) Life without love is death.
(c) Love plus death equals paradise.
(d) Love minus happiness equals death.
2. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) That his mother was dying.
(b) A new number on his badge.
(c) An ink spot on his unif.
(d) A tear in the curtains.
3. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
(a) His father.
4. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
(d) The Benefactor.
5. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
2. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
3. What does the newspaper report about the Day of Unanimity on the day after?
4. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
5. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people advertised as "the first?"
2. What does D-503 think that his readers truly believe?
3. According to the narrator, what is the only right a citizen has in the One State?
4. What is the consequence for refusing the Operation?
5. How does D-503 describe U-?
6. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
7. What new operation does D-503 learn about in the newspaper?
8. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
9. What happens during the first firing of the Integral's engines?
10. Why does work stop one day shortly after the Unanimity celebration?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)