|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
2. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) I-330 tells them not to.
(b) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
(c) D-503 runs away.
(d) They do not care if he dies.
3. What is the Integral?
(a) A boat.
(b) A time machine.
(c) A car.
(d) A space ship.
4. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
(a) The Second Builder.
(d) The Benefactor.
5. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The Guardians.
(c) The Benefactor.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does D-503 compare I-330's eyes?
2. What concept, according to D-503, has a direct correlation with crime?
3. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
4. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
5. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
2. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
3. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
4. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
5. When does D-503 realize, for the first time, that he is jealous of other men with I-330?
6. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
7. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
8. How are members of the One State identified?
9. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
10. What is the Green Wall?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)