|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her lips.
2. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One day.
(b) Two years.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) One week.
3. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) A cheesecake.
(b) His latest writings.
(c) A spray of flowers.
(d) A bottle of wine.
4. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(d) Lilies of the valley.
5. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
(a) Poverty and Hunger.
(b) Love and Hate.
(c) Hunger and Love.
(d) Rage and War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
2. How is D-503 informed that I-330 has registered herself to him?
3. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
4. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
5. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
2. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
3. How does the narrator describe the character known as O-90?
4. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
5. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
6. Why is the Integral being built?
7. What is the One State's perception of love?
8. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
9. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
10. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)