|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does the narrator use to describe life as we currently know it?
2. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Two of each type of animal.
(b) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(c) Newborn babies.
(d) The construction crew.
3. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
(a) His mother.
(d) The Benefactor.
4. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her lips.
5. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
2. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
3. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
4. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
5. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
2. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
3. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
4. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
5. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
6. How does D-503 see his relationships with R-13 and O-90?
7. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
8. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
9. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
10. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)