|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) D-503 runs away.
(b) They do not care if he dies.
(c) I-330 tells them not to.
(d) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
2. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Two years.
(d) 48 hours.
3. What is the Integral?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A space ship.
(d) A time machine.
4. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
5. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
2. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
3. Who is offended at the suggestion that he has an imagination?
4. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
5. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
2. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
3. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
4. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
5. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
6. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
7. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
8. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
9. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
10. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)