|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
2. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "It's clear."
(d) "No doubt."
3. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By aero.
(c) By car.
(d) They walk.
4. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He waves his hands.
(b) He wrinkles his nose.
(c) He spits.
(d) He closes his eyes.
5. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
(a) Their titles.
(c) Their birthdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
2. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
3. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
4. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
5. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
2. What happens as the crowd is trying to escape from the chaos at the ceremony?
3. What is the Gas Bell?
4. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
5. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
6. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
7. The day after the ceremony on the Day of Unanimity, what do the papers report?
8. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
9. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
10. Who are the naked, hairy people beyond the Wall?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)