|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Glass Dome.
(b) The Bell Jar.
(c) The Machine.
(d) The Gas Bell.
2. What concept, according to D-503, has a direct correlation with crime?
3. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
(d) Enemies of humanity.
4. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
(a) She sends him an email.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By mail.
(d) She visits his home.
5. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
(b) The Benefactor.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
2. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
3. What is the Integral?
4. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
5. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what concepts does D-503 associate the square root of -1?
2. What is the Green Wall?
3. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
4. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
5. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
6. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
7. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
8. What is the Gas Bell?
9. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
10. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)