|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Bell Jar.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Machine.
(d) The Glass Dome.
2. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
(b) D-503 runs away.
(c) I-330 tells them not to.
(d) They do not care if he dies.
3. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
4. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
5. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
(a) Sick days.
(b) Sexual visits.
(c) The lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress does I-330 put on when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
2. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
3. What is D-503's illness?
4. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
5. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
2. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
3. What is the fate of the criminal whose sentencing the whole One State attends?
4. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
5. What is the One State's perception of love?
6. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
7. When, according to D-503, does man cease to be a savage?
8. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
9. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
10. How are members of the One State identified?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)