|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
2. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
(a) 16:00 and 21:00.
(b) 07:00 and 09:00.
(c) 18:00 and 22:00.
(d) 5:00 and 10:00.
3. What is the Green Wall made of?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
(a) The One State Gazette.
(b) The One State Star.
(c) The Enquirer.
(d) The New York Times.
5. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
2. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
3. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
4. What concept, according to D-503, has a direct correlation with crime?
5. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
2. What is the Ancient House?
3. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
4. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
5. What images does D-503 see when he dreams for the first time in his life?
6. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
7. What is the One State's perception of love?
8. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
9. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
10. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)