|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial feature of R-13's does D-503 describe as "Negroid?"
(a) His cheeks.
(b) His lips.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His nose.
2. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
(a) The Man Who Went Mad.
(b) He Who Was Late to Work.
(c) Love is Awesome.
(d) All Hail the Benefactor.
3. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He wrinkles his nose.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He waves his hands.
(d) He spits.
4. What is D-503's illness?
(b) He has a soul.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
5. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A science lesson.
(b) A death sentence.
(c) A song.
(d) A math problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
2. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
3. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
4. What is the Integral?
5. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Guardians come to D-503's room?
2. What happens when D-503 attempts to start the mutiny on the Integral?
3. When does D-503 realize, for the first time, that he is jealous of other men with I-330?
4. Why is the Integral being built?
5. What does D-503 think is an error made by God?
6. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
7. What does I-330 say about the "last" number?
8. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
9. What does D-503 see in the streets the day after the Unanimity ceremony?
10. What does U- do that causes D-503 to resent her?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)