|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does D-503 believe he is bound to by an unseen cord?
(d) His mother.
2. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(b) Lilies of the valley.
3. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
4. What object in I-330's room does D-503 forget the name of?
(a) A letter.
(b) An armchair.
(c) A dress.
(d) A cigarette.
5. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Parental Guide.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Maternal Norm.
(d) The Standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
2. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
3. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
4. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
5. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
2. Why does O-90 rush out of D-503's room?
3. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
4. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
5. How are members of the One State identified?
6. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
7. What is the One State's perception of love?
8. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
9. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
10. What is the Ancient House?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)