|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
2. What kinds of courses must D-503 attend in the auditorium?
(a) Math and literature.
(b) Arts and sciences.
(c) Auto shop and math.
(d) Art and biology.
3. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(b) Number 112.
(c) Number Two.
(d) Broadway Theatre.
4. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Parental Guide.
(d) The Maternal Norm.
5. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
2. What is D-503's illness?
3. What does the doctor prescribe D-503 for his illness?
4. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
5. To what does D-503 compare I-330's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's purpose for writing the narrative that makes up "We"?
2. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
3. How does D-503 feel about being followed by S?
4. What does D-503 realize that his writings for the Integral have become?
5. What is the Ancient House?
6. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
7. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
8. What is significant about D-503's visit with I-330 on the street corner?
9. What is the significance of pink coupons in the One State?
10. Why is the Integral being built?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)