|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
(c) Dark red.
(d) Faded blue.
2. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
(d) The Benefactor.
3. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(b) Two of each type of animal.
(c) Newborn babies.
(d) The construction crew.
4. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Parental Guide.
(c) The Maternal Norm.
(d) The Mother Code.
5. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A yellow dress.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A negligee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
2. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
3. What does the doctor prescribe D-503 for his illness?
4. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
5. To what does D-503 compare the feeling in his ribs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What task has R-13 been given for the sentencing of the criminal?
2. How are members of the One State identified?
3. Why is the Integral being built?
4. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
5. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
6. When does D-503 realize, for the first time, that he is jealous of other men with I-330?
7. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
8. How does D-503 claim to feel about I-330 during their initial encounters?
9. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
10. What is the Gas Bell?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)