|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "No doubt."
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "It's clear."
2. What term does the narrator use to describe life as we currently know it?
3. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "I died."
(b) "It was terror."
(c) "I was exhilarated."
(d) "It was like Hell."
4. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her teeth.
5. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
(a) An adventure story.
(b) A lie.
(c) A memoir.
(d) An obituary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the celebration of Justice to be held?
2. What term does the narrator have trouble using to describe 0-90?
3. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
4. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
5. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator mean when he refers to his "shaggy self?"
2. What is written in the first letter that D-503 receives?
3. What secret does D-503 discover about the Ancient House when he visits it alone?
4. How does the narrator describe the character called I-330?
5. What is the nature of D-503's illness, according to the doctor at the Medical Office?
6. How does the narrator describe the men working on the construction of the Integral?
7. What criminal activities does I-330 partake in when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
8. How are members of the One State identified?
9. What does D-503 consider it his duty to do in writing "We"?
10. What is the Gas Bell?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)