|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To report him.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To love him.
(d) To kill him.
2. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
3. According to U-, "love must be _________."
4. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
(a) His beard.
(b) His hands.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His smile.
5. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Life without love is death.
(b) Love is a function of death.
(c) Love minus happiness equals death.
(d) Love plus death equals paradise.
6. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(a) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
7. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(b) Stupidly ignorant.
(c) Arithmetically illiterate.
8. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A new unif.
(b) A new calendar.
(c) A watch.
(d) A box lunch.
9. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Medical tables.
(b) Loud speakers.
(c) Music rooms.
10. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(a) A dozen.
11. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
(a) Beyond the Wall.
(c) Her home.
12. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
13. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(d) Cast iron.
14. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
(c) The sky.
(d) Black holes.
15. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
2. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
3. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
4. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
5. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)