|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A shadow.
(b) A son.
(c) A moron.
(d) A lover.
2. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
3. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(d) Cast iron.
4. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
(a) "I am a king."
(c) "Good luck."
(d) "I will die tonight."
5. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
(b) The Benefactor.
6. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
(a) The old woman.
(b) His mother.
7. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
(a) The Benefactor.
(c) His mother.
8. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(b) Every week.
(c) Once in a blue moon.
9. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
10. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Stupidly ignorant.
(d) Arithmetically illiterate.
11. Who is with the Guardians that come to inspect D-503's room?
(a) The Benefactor.
12. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
13. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
(a) Her and the Operation.
(b) Her and freedom.
(c) The Operation and the Integral.
(d) Her and U-.
14. D-503 claims that he does not want ___________.
15. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
2. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
3. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
4. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
5. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)