|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(c) Stupidly ignorant.
(d) Arithmetically illiterate.
2. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
3. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An election.
(b) A cleansing.
(c) A firing squad.
(d) A panel.
4. D-503 claims that he does not want ___________.
5. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(a) The old woman.
(b) His mother.
6. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) That his mother was dying.
(b) A tear in the curtains.
(c) An ink spot on his unif.
(d) A new number on his badge.
7. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A son.
(b) A moron.
(c) A lover.
(d) A shadow.
8. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To report him.
(d) To love him.
9. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is always at his desk.
(b) That he is her lover.
(c) That he is a traitor.
(d) That he tried to kill her.
10. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
(d) The Benefactor.
11. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) In triangles.
(b) Single file.
(c) In pairs.
(d) Four abreast.
12. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
(a) Black holes.
(c) The sky.
13. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Kill a Guardian.
(b) Stage a protest outside the coliseum.
(c) Raise their hands in opposition to the Benefactor.
(d) Stay home.
14. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
15. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) From O-90.
(c) The loudpseaker.
(d) From U-.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
2. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
3. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
4. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
5. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)