|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) The election.
(b) The Integral's first flight.
(c) I-330's wedding.
(d) D-503's medical appointment.
2. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
(a) Arithmetically illiterate.
(c) Stupidly ignorant.
3. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
4. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
(a) A release form.
(b) A date.
(d) A child.
5. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Benefactor.
6. What are the people beyond the Wall wearing?
7. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
(c) The Benefactor.
8. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
(a) Moths and Flame.
(b) H2 and O.
(c) Oxygen and Fire.
(d) Adam and Eve.
9. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Love plus death equals paradise.
(b) Love minus happiness equals death.
(c) Life without love is death.
(d) Love is a function of death.
10. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
11. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(a) Cast iron.
12. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(b) A dozen.
13. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(b) Loud speakers.
(c) Music rooms.
(d) Medical tables.
14. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) Four abreast.
(b) In pairs.
(c) In triangles.
(d) Single file.
15. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does U- work?
2. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
3. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
4. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
5. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)