|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) Good and Evil.
(b) Fire and water.
(c) Entropy and energy.
(d) God and Satan.
2. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(a) A dozen.
3. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is a traitor.
(b) That he tried to kill her.
(c) That he is always at his desk.
(d) That he is her lover.
4. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Life without love is death.
(b) Love plus death equals paradise.
(c) Love minus happiness equals death.
(d) Love is a function of death.
5. D-503 claims that he does not want ___________.
6. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
7. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
8. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(d) Cast iron.
9. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
10. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) The Integral's first flight.
(b) D-503's medical appointment.
(c) I-330's wedding.
(d) The election.
11. Where does U- work?
(a) The Gas Bell.
(b) The Medical Office.
(c) The Accumulator Tower.
(d) The Child-Rearing Factory.
12. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
13. According to U-, "love must be _________."
14. What are the people beyond the Wall wearing?
15. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
2. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
3. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
4. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
5. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)