|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
2. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
3. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
(a) Her and U-.
(b) Her and the Operation.
(c) Her and freedom.
(d) The Operation and the Integral.
4. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) From O-90.
(c) From U-.
(d) The loudpseaker.
5. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(b) Every week.
(d) Once in a blue moon.
6. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(a) Cast iron.
7. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
8. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A shadow.
(b) A lover.
(c) A son.
(d) A moron.
9. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) I-330's wedding.
(b) The election.
(c) D-503's medical appointment.
(d) The Integral's first flight.
10. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
11. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
12. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) Entropy and energy.
(b) God and Satan.
(c) Fire and water.
(d) Good and Evil.
13. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
(c) The Benefactor.
14. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
15. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
2. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
3. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
4. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
5. Where does U- work?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)