|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
2. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
3. Who is with the Guardians that come to inspect D-503's room?
(a) The Benefactor.
4. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
(a) All of them.
5. What does the newspaper report about the Day of Unanimity on the day after?
(a) That the Benefactor is dead.
(b) That I-330 is the new president.
(c) A great war brewing.
(d) Unanimous re-election of the Benefactor.
6. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
(b) The Benefactor.
7. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An election.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A panel.
(d) A cleansing.
8. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(b) Every week.
(d) Once in a blue moon.
9. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A son.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A moron.
(d) A lover.
10. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
11. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
12. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(b) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
13. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
(c) The Benefactor.
(d) His mother.
14. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
15. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(a) All of the above.
(b) People riding horses.
(d) An ancient church.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
2. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
3. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
4. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
5. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)