|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
2. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
3. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
(a) 50 tons.
(b) 1,000 tons.
(c) Two tons.
(d) A year's worth.
4. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(a) The Integral.
(c) The stars.
(d) The weather.
5. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A cleansing.
(c) A panel.
(d) An election.
6. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(a) All of the above.
(b) People riding horses.
(c) An ancient church.
7. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One hour.
8. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
9. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
(a) His hands.
(b) His beard.
(c) His smile.
(d) His eyes.
10. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
(a) Moths and Flame.
(b) H2 and O.
(c) Oxygen and Fire.
(d) Adam and Eve.
11. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(a) The Benefactor.
(c) The devil.
12. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
13. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(a) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
14. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(a) Once in a blue moon.
(d) Every week.
15. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A lover.
(b) A son.
(c) A moron.
(d) A shadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
2. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
3. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
4. What is postponed due to the Operation?
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)