|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
2. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To report him.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To love him.
(d) To kill him.
3. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(b) A dozen.
4. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(c) The Benefactor.
(d) The devil.
5. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
(a) A year's worth.
(b) 50 tons.
(c) 1,000 tons.
(d) Two tons.
6. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
(a) A date.
(c) A child.
(d) A release form.
7. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
(a) Moths and Flame.
(b) Oxygen and Fire.
(c) H2 and O.
(d) Adam and Eve.
8. According to U-, "love must be _________."
9. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An election.
(b) A firing squad.
(c) A cleansing.
(d) A panel.
10. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(b) Cast iron.
11. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
12. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
13. Where does U- work?
(a) The Medical Office.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Child-Rearing Factory.
(d) The Accumulator Tower.
14. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(b) The stars.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Integral.
15. Who treats D-503 like a child?
(a) The Benefactor.
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
2. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
3. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
4. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
5. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)