|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
2. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
(a) To seize it.
(b) To paint it yellow.
(c) To hide it.
(d) To blow it up.
3. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(c) A dozen.
4. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To protect him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To love him.
(d) To report him.
5. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Lust and betrayal."
(b) "Sun and woods."
(c) "Spite and Rage."
(d) "Venom and poison."
6. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(a) The Benefactor.
(d) The devil.
7. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
8. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
(b) Black holes.
(c) The sky.
9. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(c) His mother.
(d) The old woman.
10. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
11. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
(a) The Benefactor.
12. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
(d) A dozen.
13. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
14. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(b) Cast iron.
15. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
(a) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
2. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
3. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
4. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
5. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)