|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is a traitor.
(b) That he is her lover.
(c) That he is always at his desk.
(d) That he tried to kill her.
2. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
(a) Her and U-.
(b) Her and freedom.
(c) The Operation and the Integral.
(d) Her and the Operation.
3. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
(a) His illness.
(b) The progress on the Integral.
(c) His mother's health.
(d) If he loves her.
4. What does the newspaper report about the Day of Unanimity on the day after?
(a) A great war brewing.
(b) That I-330 is the new president.
(c) Unanimous re-election of the Benefactor.
(d) That the Benefactor is dead.
5. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) God and Satan.
(b) Entropy and energy.
(c) Good and Evil.
(d) Fire and water.
6. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The loudpseaker.
(c) From O-90.
(d) From U-.
7. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Chases him.
(c) Hits him over the head.
(d) Kills him.
8. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
9. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Lust and betrayal."
(b) "Spite and Rage."
(c) "Sun and woods."
(d) "Venom and poison."
10. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
11. Where does U- work?
(a) The Medical Office.
(b) The Child-Rearing Factory.
(c) The Gas Bell.
(d) The Accumulator Tower.
12. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(a) Once in a blue moon.
(c) Every week.
13. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(a) His mother.
(d) The old woman.
14. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(b) All of the above.
(c) People riding horses.
(d) An ancient church.
15. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A new calendar.
(b) A watch.
(c) A new unif.
(d) A box lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
2. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
3. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
4. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
5. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)