|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(a) An ancient church.
(c) People riding horses.
(d) All of the above.
2. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
3. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
(b) All of them.
4. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His beard.
(c) His smile.
(d) His hands.
5. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(a) The stars.
(b) The Integral.
(d) The weather.
6. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A lover.
(b) A son.
(c) A moron.
(d) A shadow.
7. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To protect him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To love him.
(d) To report him.
8. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
(c) A dozen.
9. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(a) Cast iron.
10. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he tried to kill her.
(b) That he is always at his desk.
(c) That he is her lover.
(d) That he is a traitor.
11. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
(b) His mother.
(d) The Benefactor.
12. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Nine minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A full day.
13. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
14. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
15. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(b) The devil.
(c) The Benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
2. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
3. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
4. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
5. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)