|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Loud speakers.
(b) Medical tables.
(c) Music rooms.
2. According to U-, "love must be _________."
3. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(b) The devil.
(c) The Benefactor.
4. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) D-503's medical appointment.
(b) The election.
(c) The Integral's first flight.
(d) I-330's wedding.
5. Where does U- work?
(a) The Accumulator Tower.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Child-Rearing Factory.
(d) The Medical Office.
6. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An ink spot on his unif.
(b) That his mother was dying.
(c) A tear in the curtains.
(d) A new number on his badge.
7. Who does D-503 get cryptic notes from asking him to pretend that she is with him in his room?
(a) The old woman.
(c) His mother.
8. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
(b) Beyond the Wall.
(c) Her home.
9. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
(a) The progress on the Integral.
(b) His mother's health.
(c) His illness.
(d) If he loves her.
10. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him over the head.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Chases him.
11. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Kill a Guardian.
(b) Raise their hands in opposition to the Benefactor.
(c) Stay home.
(d) Stage a protest outside the coliseum.
12. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
(a) Nine minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) A full day.
(d) Ten minutes.
13. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
(a) A release form.
(b) A date.
(c) A child.
14. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
(b) A dozen.
15. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
2. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
3. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
4. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
5. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)