|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A son.
(b) A moron.
(c) A lover.
(d) A shadow.
2. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
3. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
4. What is being set up in all of the auditoriums after the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Loud speakers.
(b) Medical tables.
(d) Music rooms.
5. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His smile.
(d) His beard.
6. Where does U- work?
(a) The Accumulator Tower.
(b) The Medical Office.
(c) The Child-Rearing Factory.
(d) The Gas Bell.
7. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
(c) The Benefactor.
8. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(a) A dozen.
9. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Love plus death equals paradise.
(b) Love minus happiness equals death.
(c) Love is a function of death.
(d) Life without love is death.
10. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) The loudpseaker.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) From O-90.
(d) From U-.
11. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
12. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A new calendar.
(b) A box lunch.
(c) A watch.
(d) A new unif.
13. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Hits him over the head.
(d) Chases him.
14. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
15. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
2. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
3. According to U-, "love must be _________."
4. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
5. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)