|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is her lover.
(b) That he tried to kill her.
(c) That he is a traitor.
(d) That he is always at his desk.
2. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
3. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
4. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
5. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
6. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
7. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(c) A dozen.
8. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
(b) His father.
9. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
(a) To hide it.
(b) To paint it yellow.
(c) To seize it.
(d) To blow it up.
10. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
(a) A date.
(c) A release form.
(d) A child.
11. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
12. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An ink spot on his unif.
(b) That his mother was dying.
(c) A new number on his badge.
(d) A tear in the curtains.
13. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
(a) Holy One.
14. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) God and Satan.
(c) Entropy and energy.
(d) Good and Evil.
15. D-503 claims that he does not want ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
2. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
3. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
4. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
5. How do the citizens walk in rows?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)