|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
2. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
3. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
(a) Two tons.
(b) A year's worth.
(c) 1,000 tons.
(d) 50 tons.
4. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
5. Who treats D-503 like a child?
(a) The Benefactor.
(b) His mother.
6. How long do the lectures of the One State last?
(a) A full day.
(b) Nine minutes.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Ten minutes.
7. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
8. To what do the people beyond the wall pray?
(d) The Benefactor.
9. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(c) His mother.
(d) The old woman.
10. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(b) The stars.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Integral.
11. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Hits him over the head.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Chases him.
12. Who is with the Guardians that come to inspect D-503's room?
(c) The Benefactor.
13. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) Stay home.
(b) Kill a Guardian.
(c) Stage a protest outside the coliseum.
(d) Raise their hands in opposition to the Benefactor.
14. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
15. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) From O-90.
(c) The loudpseaker.
(d) From U-.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
2. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
3. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
4. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
5. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)