|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
(b) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
(b) Her home.
(d) Beyond the Wall.
3. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
4. To what pair in nature does I-330 compare herself and D-503?
(a) H2 and O.
(b) Moths and Flame.
(c) Oxygen and Fire.
(d) Adam and Eve.
5. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
6. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
7. What are the people beyond the Wall wearing?
8. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
9. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(b) The stars.
(c) The weather.
(d) The Integral.
10. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
11. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
12. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
(a) To love him.
(b) To protect him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To report him.
13. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
14. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
15. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
(a) Her and U-.
(b) Her and the Operation.
(c) The Operation and the Integral.
(d) Her and freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
2. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
3. I-330 asks D-503 why he thinks human ____________ is so bad.
4. Where does U- work?
5. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)