|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Love minus happiness equals death.
(b) Love plus death equals paradise.
(c) Life without love is death.
(d) Love is a function of death.
2. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
(a) The Integral.
(b) The weather.
(d) The stars.
3. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
(c) All of them.
4. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
(a) To paint it yellow.
(b) To seize it.
(c) To hide it.
(d) To blow it up.
5. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
6. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
(a) A dozen.
7. What is the word inscribed on the rock beyond the Wall?
8. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
9. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
10. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
11. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) An election.
(c) A panel.
(d) A cleansing.
12. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
13. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty seconds.
14. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A son.
(b) A lover.
(c) A moron.
(d) A shadow.
15. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does U- work?
2. Who does D-503 have to evade in helping protect someone from the Operation?
3. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
4. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
5. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)