|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people die when the Integral's engines are first fired?
(b) A dozen.
2. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
3. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
(b) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
4. What name for God does D-503 use to refer to the Benefactor?
(b) Holy One.
5. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) From O-90.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) From U-.
(d) The loudpseaker.
6. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) Fire and water.
(b) Good and Evil.
(c) Entropy and energy.
(d) God and Satan.
7. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A lover.
(b) A son.
(c) A shadow.
(d) A moron.
8. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
9. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
10. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
(a) "I will die tonight."
(c) "I am a king."
(d) "Good luck."
11. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(a) The old woman.
(d) His mother.
12. How many people are the first to have the Operation?
(a) A dozen.
13. What does D-503 doubt his readers' belief in?
14. Who is with the Guardians that come to inspect D-503's room?
(b) The Benefactor.
15. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Sun and woods."
(b) "Lust and betrayal."
(c) "Spite and Rage."
(d) "Venom and poison."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
2. What do the dissenters do on the Day of Unanimity?
3. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
4. What does U- claim is her duty to D-503?
5. Who treats D-503 like a child?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)