|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) That his mother was dying.
(b) A tear in the curtains.
(c) An ink spot on his unif.
(d) A new number on his badge.
2. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
3. What does each number receive in preparation for the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A watch.
(b) A box lunch.
(c) A new unif.
(d) A new calendar.
4. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
5. How many tons of fuel does D-503 suggest be taken on board the Integral?
(a) Two tons.
(b) 50 tons.
(c) A year's worth.
(d) 1,000 tons.
6. D-503 is offended at the idea that the old woman at the Ancient House thinks of him only as ___________.
(a) A son.
(b) A shadow.
(c) A moron.
(d) A lover.
7. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
(a) Her home.
(c) Beyond the Wall.
8. How many numbers are taken away when the Guardians are inspecting the rooms?
(c) All of them.
9. D-503 claims that happiness must be a "divine _____."
10. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) The Integral's first flight.
(b) I-330's wedding.
(c) D-503's medical appointment.
(d) The election.
11. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) In pairs.
(b) In triangles.
(c) Four abreast.
(d) Single file.
12. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) One hour.
13. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(a) An ancient church.
(b) All of the above.
(d) People riding horses.
14. According to U-, "love must be _________."
15. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. D-503 claims that he does not want ___________.
2. Who does D-503 suspect has informed the Guardians of the plan to take the Integral?
3. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
4. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
5. Who does D-503 arrange to have taken beyond the Wall to avoid the Operation?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)