|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U- tell the Guardians about D-503?
(a) That he is her lover.
(b) That he is always at his desk.
(c) That he tried to kill her.
(d) That he is a traitor.
2. What two forces does I-330 claim are at work in the world?
(a) Good and Evil.
(b) God and Satan.
(c) Entropy and energy.
(d) Fire and water.
3. What is visible from aboard the Integral as it hangs in the sky?
(a) All of the above.
(b) An ancient church.
(c) People riding horses.
4. According to the narrator, who is "We" from?
(c) The Benefactor.
(d) The devil.
5. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Life without love is death.
(b) Love plus death equals paradise.
(c) Love is a function of death.
(d) Love minus happiness equals death.
6. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
(a) Five minutes.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten days.
7. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
(a) The sky.
(d) Black holes.
8. What does D-503 consider the only right of any citizen of the One State?
9. What is postponed due to the Operation?
(a) D-503's medical appointment.
(b) The Integral's first flight.
(c) I-330's wedding.
(d) The election.
10. At what time is D-503 supposed to lock the doors of the dining hall?
11. What process occurs on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) A firing squad.
(b) A panel.
(c) An election.
(d) A cleansing.
12. What is the MEPHI's plan for the Integral?
(a) To paint it yellow.
(b) To hide it.
(c) To blow it up.
(d) To seize it.
13. What type of thought does D-503 ascribe to himself?
14. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
15. What is the Benefactor's voice compared to?
(d) Cast iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does D-503 use to describe the pity felt by the ancients?
2. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
3. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
4. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
5. Whose picture is on the rock outside the Wall?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)