|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D-503 do to R-13 when he sees him carrying an injured I-330?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Hits him over the head.
(d) Chases him.
2. How often does the Day of Unanimity occur?
(c) Once in a blue moon.
(d) Every week.
3. How does D-503 learn that the Operation has become mandatory?
(a) From U-.
(b) From O-90.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The loudpseaker.
4. According to U-, "love must be _________."
5. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
6. I-330 tells D-503 that Moderns are not _________.
7. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
8. To what geometrical concept does D-503 compare happiness?
9. What does I-330 ask D-503 to choose between?
(a) Her and U-.
(b) The Operation and the Integral.
(c) Her and freedom.
(d) Her and the Operation.
10. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
11. Who treats D-503 like a child?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Benefactor.
12. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
(a) "I will die tonight."
(b) "Good luck."
(d) "I am a king."
13. What physical trait of D-503's does I-330 tell him that women used to fall in love with?
(a) His hands.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His smile.
(d) His beard.
14. What does the narrator discover as a boy on the Day of Unanimity?
(a) An ink spot on his unif.
(b) That his mother was dying.
(c) A new number on his badge.
(d) A tear in the curtains.
15. Which character is blooming like branches in the spring when D-503 runs into her on his way to the Ancient House?
(b) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does D-503 want to attend the Day of Unanimity?
2. To what does D-503 compare S's eyes?
3. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
4. What are people talking about instead of the strife in the One State?
5. What does the newspaper report about the Day of Unanimity on the day after?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)