|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does I-330 promise to take D-503?
(a) Beyond the Wall.
(c) Her home.
2. What does D-503 say to his readers as he leaves his room for the Integral's test flight?
(a) "I will die tonight."
(b) "I am a king."
(c) "Good luck."
3. D-503 says that "everything great is _________."
4. What equation does D-503 establish regarding love and death?
(a) Love minus happiness equals death.
(b) Life without love is death.
(c) Love is a function of death.
(d) Love plus death equals paradise.
5. What does the State's new operation claim to remove?
6. According to the narrator, weak ideas are made of what material?
7. How do the citizens walk in rows?
(a) In triangles.
(b) Single file.
(c) In pairs.
(d) Four abreast.
8. What, according to I-330, leads to equilibrium?
9. According to U-, "love must be _________."
10. When a woman breaks the ranks of the walk to rush toward a prisoner being escorted through the crown, who does D-503 mistake the woman for?
(b) His mother.
(c) The old woman.
11. I-330 says that D-503 has "a little _____ and _______" in his blood.
(a) "Venom and poison."
(b) "Spite and Rage."
(c) "Lust and betrayal."
(d) "Sun and woods."
12. To what Christian holiday does D-503 compare the Day of Unanimity?
13. What does the newspaper report about the Day of Unanimity on the day after?
(a) Unanimous re-election of the Benefactor.
(b) That the Benefactor is dead.
(c) A great war brewing.
(d) That I-330 is the new president.
14. D-503 doesn't understand the presence of a group outside of the influence of the State. What does he call them?
15. D-503 compares his desire for I-330 to a longing for ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is standing with I-330 on the Day of Unanimity?
2. Before leaving D-503's room after telling him that she was testing his duty to her, what does I-330 ask about?
3. What does O-90 ask D-503 for after he has read her letter?
4. How long is the period of pious silence before the Day of Unanimity process begins?
5. What will be the fate of those who refuse the Operation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)