|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Number Two.
(b) Broadway Theatre.
(c) Number 112.
(d) The one on Fifth Avenue.
2. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
3. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) By aero.
(b) By car.
(c) On horseback.
(d) They walk.
4. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
5. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
6. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "It was like Hell."
(b) "It was terror."
(c) "I was exhilarated."
(d) "I died."
7. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
8. What does I-330 call the old woman at the Ancient House?
9. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
(a) "I Need You."
(b) "Science is Sexy."
(c) "Pythagoras' Trousers."
(d) "Unrequited Love."
10. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His relationship with I-330.
(c) His triangle with R and O.
(d) His mind.
11. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(c) Lilies of the valley.
12. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
(d) The Ancient House.
13. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Gas Bell.
(b) The Machine.
(c) The Bell Jar.
(d) The Glass Dome.
14. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
15. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
2. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
3. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
4. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
5. What is the number of the narrator?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)