|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does D-503 say that he will use the next time he sees I-330 after he has not heard from her for a few days?
2. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "It was terror."
(b) "I died."
(c) "I was exhilarated."
(d) "It was like Hell."
3. Who does D-503 believe he is bound to by an unseen cord?
(a) His mother.
4. What is D-503's illness?
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He has a soul.
5. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Broadway Theatre.
(b) Number Two.
(c) Number 112.
(d) The one on Fifth Avenue.
6. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
(c) Prime numbers.
(d) Irrational roots.
7. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
(b) Their titles.
(c) Their birthdays.
8. Besides D-503, who else is O-90 "registered to" for sexual time?
(d) The Benefactor.
9. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(d) The Benefactor.
10. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
11. What season is it when the novel begins?
12. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
(a) Using curse words.
(b) Burning the flag.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Drawing the shades.
13. What is the Green Wall made of?
14. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
(a) Sexual visits.
(b) Sick days.
(d) The lottery.
15. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
(a) The Benefactor.
(b) The Second Builder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
2. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
3. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
4. What does D-503 think of S-4711 as, and what does he say that he will start calling him?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)