Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
2. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "It's clear."
(d) "No doubt."
3. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By aero.
(c) By car.
(d) They walk.
4. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He waves his hands.
(b) He wrinkles his nose.
(c) He spits.
(d) He closes his eyes.
5. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
(a) Their titles.
(c) Their birthdays.
6. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
(a) His badge.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) His glasses.
7. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
8. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Mother Code.
(b) The Parental Guide.
(c) The Standards.
(d) The Maternal Norm.
9. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A science lesson.
(b) A death sentence.
(c) A math problem.
(d) A song.
10. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
11. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
(a) The creation of man.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The heart.
(d) Removing himself from life.
12. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(d) The Benefactor.
13. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
14. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
(a) The Man Who Went Mad.
(b) Love is Awesome.
(c) All Hail the Benefactor.
(d) He Who Was Late to Work.
15. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One day.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) Two years.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
2. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
3. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
4. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
5. What is the number of the narrator?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)