|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
(a) Sexual visits.
(b) The lottery.
(d) Sick days.
2. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
(a) Their titles.
(d) Their birthdays.
3. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
4. What does I-330 call the old woman at the Ancient House?
5. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Parental Guide.
(d) The Maternal Norm.
6. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By car.
(c) By aero.
(d) They walk.
7. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
8. What is the Green Wall made of?
9. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
(a) A cone.
(b) An X.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A circle.
10. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A math problem.
(b) A science lesson.
(c) A song.
(d) A death sentence.
11. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Two of each type of animal.
(b) The construction crew.
(c) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(d) Newborn babies.
12. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
13. Who is offended at the suggestion that he has an imagination?
(a) The Second Builder.
(c) The Benefactor.
14. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
15. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He waves his hands.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He wrinkles his nose.
(d) He spits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
2. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
3. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
4. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
5. What term does the narrator have trouble using to describe 0-90?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)