|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The heart.
(c) Removing himself from life.
(d) The creation of man.
2. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
3. What is D-503's illness?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He has a soul.
4. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
5. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
(a) "I Need You."
(b) "Unrequited Love."
(c) "Science is Sexy."
(d) "Pythagoras' Trousers."
6. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
7. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
8. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(b) Newborn babies.
(c) Two of each type of animal.
(d) The construction crew.
9. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
10. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
11. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
(a) The Ancient House.
12. What season is it when the novel begins?
13. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "I died."
(b) "I was exhilarated."
(c) "It was like Hell."
(d) "It was terror."
14. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
(b) The old woman.
15. Who is offended at the suggestion that he has an imagination?
(b) The Benefactor.
(c) The Second Builder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the One State's torture device called?
2. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
3. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
4. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
5. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)