|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His notebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) His badge.
2. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
(a) The creation of man.
(b) Removing himself from life.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The heart.
3. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
4. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) Two years.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(c) Lilies of the valley.
6. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Number Two.
(b) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(c) Number 112.
(d) Broadway Theatre.
7. For how long have the One State's sexual practices been in place?
(b) 300 years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five decades.
8. To what does D-503 compare I-330's eyes?
(c) Tiger's eyes.
9. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
10. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
(b) The Benefactor.
11. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
12. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By aero.
(c) By car.
(d) They walk.
13. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a poet.
(d) He is the builder of the Integral.
14. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He wrinkles his nose.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He spits.
(d) He waves his hands.
15. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Parental Guide.
(d) The Maternal Norm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
2. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
3. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
4. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
5. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)