|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "No doubt."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "It's clear."
(d) "I love you."
2. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
3. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
4. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her teeth.
5. Who does the narrator describe as "pink?"
(b) His mother.
6. What is the body of the Integral made of?
7. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Parental Guide.
(d) The Maternal Norm.
8. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A death sentence.
(b) A song.
(c) A science lesson.
(d) A math problem.
9. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a poet.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is the builder of the Integral.
10. Besides D-503, who else is O-90 "registered to" for sexual time?
(c) The Benefactor.
11. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(d) The Benefactor.
12. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
13. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
14. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
15. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Two of each type of animal.
(b) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(c) The construction crew.
(d) Newborn babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dress does I-330 put on when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
2. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
3. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
4. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
5. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)