|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does I-330 call the old woman at the Ancient House?
2. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Broadway Theatre.
(b) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(c) Number Two.
(d) Number 112.
3. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
(a) A hole.
(b) A fish.
4. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His relationship with I-330.
(b) His spirit.
(c) His triangle with R and O.
(d) His mind.
5. What is the number of the narrator?
(a) Yevgeny Zamyatin.
(c) Johnny 5.
6. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) A yellow dress.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A negligee.
7. What is the Integral?
(a) A car.
(b) A boat.
(c) A space ship.
(d) A time machine.
8. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
(a) Love is Awesome.
(b) He Who Was Late to Work.
(c) The Man Who Went Mad.
(d) All Hail the Benefactor.
9. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
(a) The heart.
(b) Removing himself from life.
(c) The creation of man.
(d) The Bible.
10. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her lips.
11. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
(a) A square.
(b) An arch.
(c) An X.
(d) A squiggle.
12. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
13. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "No doubt."
(b) "It's clear."
(c) "Who are you?"
(d) "I love you."
14. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
(a) Using curse words.
(b) Burning the flag.
(c) Drawing the shades.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
15. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
2. What is the One State's torture device called?
3. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
4. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
5. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)