|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
2. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
3. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
4. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
5. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(b) Broadway Theatre.
(c) Number 112.
(d) Number Two.
6. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
(a) The Enquirer.
(b) The One State Star.
(c) The One State Gazette.
(d) The New York Times.
7. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
8. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
(a) The Benefactor.
9. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
(a) His glasses.
(b) His badge.
(c) His notebook.
(d) His watch.
10. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
(a) By mail.
(b) By telephone.
(c) She visits his home.
(d) She sends him an email.
11. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
12. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "It's clear."
(c) "No doubt."
(d) "I love you."
13. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) By aero.
(b) By car.
(c) They walk.
(d) On horseback.
14. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
15. What does D-503 think of S-4711 as, and what does he say that he will start calling him?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His Guardian Angel.
(d) His nemesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Green Wall made of?
2. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
3. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
4. What is the narrator's job?
5. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)