|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is D-503 informed that I-330 has registered herself to him?
(a) An announcement at dinner.
(b) A letter.
(c) R-13 tells him.
(d) A phone call.
2. What season is it when the novel begins?
3. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "Who are you?"
(b) "I love you."
(c) "It's clear."
(d) "No doubt."
4. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) I-330 tells them not to.
(b) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
(c) They do not care if he dies.
(d) D-503 runs away.
5. What does I-330 call the old woman at the Ancient House?
6. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
7. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(b) Number Two.
(c) Broadway Theatre.
(d) Number 112.
8. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
(b) A fish.
(d) A hole.
9. What is the Integral?
(a) A car.
(b) A time machine.
(c) A space ship.
(d) A boat.
10. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
11. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
(a) The Guardians.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The Benefactor.
(d) The doctor.
12. What is the body of the Integral made of?
13. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His triangle with R and O.
(c) His mind.
(d) His relationship with I-330.
14. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
(c) The old woman.
15. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
2. What kind of dress does I-330 put on when D-503 visits her room for the first time?
3. What term does D-503 say that he will use the next time he sees I-330 after he has not heard from her for a few days?
4. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
5. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)