|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
2. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
3. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
4. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
(a) Love is Awesome.
(b) All Hail the Benefactor.
(c) The Man Who Went Mad.
(d) He Who Was Late to Work.
5. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
(c) Enemies of humanity.
6. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
7. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "I died."
(b) "It was like Hell."
(c) "I was exhilarated."
(d) "It was terror."
8. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
(a) A triangle.
(b) An X.
(c) A cone.
(d) A circle.
9. What term does D-503 say that he will use the next time he sees I-330 after he has not heard from her for a few days?
10. What ancient word does I-330 use to address D-503?
11. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
(a) Love and Hate.
(b) Hunger and Love.
(c) Rage and War.
(d) Poverty and Hunger.
12. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
13. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
(a) The Second Builder.
(d) The Benefactor.
14. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) By car.
(b) They walk.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By aero.
15. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A yellow dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
2. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
3. For how long have the One State's sexual practices been in place?
4. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
5. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)