|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Broadway Theatre.
(b) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(c) Number 112.
(d) Number Two.
2. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
3. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
4. What is the number of the narrator?
(c) Johnny 5.
(d) Yevgeny Zamyatin.
5. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A spray of flowers.
(c) A cheesecake.
(d) His latest writings.
6. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
(a) Faded blue.
(d) Dark red.
7. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
(d) The old woman.
8. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
9. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
10. What does the doctor prescribe D-503 for his illness?
(b) Pain medication.
(c) A walk.
11. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Standards.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Maternal Norm.
(d) The Parental Guide.
12. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
(a) 18:00 and 22:00.
(b) 5:00 and 10:00.
(c) 07:00 and 09:00.
(d) 16:00 and 21:00.
13. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A science lesson.
(b) A death sentence.
(c) A math problem.
(d) A song.
14. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her teeth.
(d) Her hands.
15. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
(a) She sends him an email.
(b) By telephone.
(c) She visits his home.
(d) By mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
2. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
3. Who does D-503 believe he is bound to by an unseen cord?
4. To what does D-503 compare I-330's eyes?
5. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)