|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A yellow dress.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A negligee.
2. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
(a) The Table of Hours.
(b) The Norm.
(c) The Book of Time.
(d) The Schedule.
3. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
(a) "Pythagoras' Trousers."
(b) "I Need You."
(c) "Science is Sexy."
(d) "Unrequited Love."
4. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
(a) The Ancient House.
5. When S-4711 finds D-503 is out in the street at "seventeen," where does S-4711 take him?
(a) The Guardians.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Medical Office.
(d) The Ancient House.
6. What is the number of the narrator?
(b) Yevgeny Zamyatin.
(c) Johnny 5.
7. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
(a) Irrational roots.
(d) Prime numbers.
8. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
9. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Machine.
(b) The Glass Dome.
(c) The Gas Bell.
(d) The Bell Jar.
10. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
(a) The Benefactor.
(b) The Second Builder.
11. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
12. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
(a) Rage and War.
(b) Poverty and Hunger.
(c) Love and Hate.
(d) Hunger and Love.
13. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By car.
(c) They walk.
(d) By aero.
14. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
(d) Enemies of humanity.
15. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
2. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
3. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
4. What is the Green Wall made of?
5. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)