|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Integral?
(a) A car.
(b) A boat.
(c) A time machine.
(d) A space ship.
2. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
(a) 16:00 and 21:00.
(b) 18:00 and 22:00.
(c) 5:00 and 10:00.
(d) 07:00 and 09:00.
3. What does I-330 wear when she is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) A yellow dress.
(b) A negligee.
(c) A red hat.
(d) Tennis shoes.
4. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
5. For how long have the One State's sexual practices been in place?
(b) One year.
(c) 300 years.
(d) Five decades.
6. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
(a) The One State Star.
(b) The Enquirer.
(c) The One State Gazette.
(d) The New York Times.
7. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
(a) His watch.
(b) His glasses.
(c) His badge.
(d) His notebook.
8. What term does the narrator use to describe life as we currently know it?
9. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
10. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A death sentence.
(b) A math problem.
(c) A song.
(d) A science lesson.
11. Where is the celebration of Justice to be held?
(a) The Plaza of the Cube.
(b) The Ancient House.
(c) Outside the Green Wall.
(d) The loading dock.
12. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His triangle with R and O.
(c) His relationship with I-330.
(d) His mind.
13. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
(a) A memoir.
(b) An adventure story.
(c) An obituary.
(d) A lie.
14. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One week.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) Two years.
(d) One day.
15. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
(d) Enemies of humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
2. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
3. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
4. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
5. Who tells D-503 about the man who is caught without a number?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)