|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
2. Who writes D-503 a letter that prompts U- to pity D-503?
(b) The Benefactor.
(d) His mother.
3. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
(a) Faded blue.
(c) Dark red.
4. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "It was like Hell."
(b) "I died."
(c) "It was terror."
(d) "I was exhilarated."
5. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is the builder of the Integral.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a poet.
6. What facial feature of R-13's does D-503 describe as "Negroid?"
(a) His nose.
(b) His cheeks.
(c) His lips.
(d) His eyes.
7. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
8. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(b) The Benefactor.
9. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A science lesson.
(b) A math problem.
(c) A death sentence.
(d) A song.
10. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
11. What is D-503's illness?
(a) He has a soul.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
12. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
13. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
(b) The lottery.
(c) Sexual visits.
(d) Sick days.
14. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
(a) Drawing the shades.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Using curse words.
(d) Burning the flag.
15. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) A spray of flowers.
(b) A cheesecake.
(c) His latest writings.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
2. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
3. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
4. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
5. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)