|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) Newborn babies.
(b) Two of each type of animal.
(c) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
(d) The construction crew.
2. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
3. What facial feature of R-13's does D-503 describe as "Negroid?"
(a) His nose.
(b) His cheeks.
(c) His lips.
(d) His eyes.
4. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
5. What term does D-503 say that he will use the next time he sees I-330 after he has not heard from her for a few days?
6. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(b) Lilies of the valley.
7. What is the name of a "modern" song that the narrator listens to?
(a) "Science is Sexy."
(b) "Unrequited Love."
(c) "I Need You."
(d) "Pythagoras' Trousers."
8. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "It was like Hell."
(b) "I was exhilarated."
(c) "I died."
(d) "It was terror."
9. What is D-503's illness?
(a) Chicken pox.
(c) He has a soul.
(d) He has the flu.
10. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
11. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
(a) A memoir.
(b) A lie.
(c) An adventure story.
(d) An obituary.
12. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He wrinkles his nose.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He spits.
(d) He waves his hands.
13. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
14. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His triangle with R and O.
(c) His mind.
(d) His relationship with I-330.
15. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
(a) An X.
(b) A circle.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pronoun does D-503 use to describe himself after starting a "relationship" with I-330?
2. What concept, according to D-503, has a direct correlation with crime?
3. What season is it when the novel begins?
4. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
5. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)