|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does D-503 run from at the Ancient House when he is there alone and looking for I-330?
(b) The old woman.
2. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
(a) The Table of Hours.
(b) The Norm.
(c) The Book of Time.
(d) The Schedule.
3. When S-4711 finds D-503 is out in the street at "seventeen," where does S-4711 take him?
(a) The Medical Office.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Ancient House.
(d) The Guardians.
4. What term does the narrator have trouble using to describe 0-90?
5. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) I-330 tells them not to.
(b) They do not care if he dies.
(c) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
(d) D-503 runs away.
6. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
7. To what does D-503 compare I-330's eyes?
(d) Tiger's eyes.
8. What does D-503 think of S-4711 as, and what does he say that he will start calling him?
(a) His brother.
(b) His Guardian Angel.
(c) His father.
(d) His nemesis.
9. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
10. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
11. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(d) The Benefactor.
12. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Maternal Norm.
(b) The Parental Guide.
(c) The Mother Code.
(d) The Standards.
13. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
(a) The construction crew.
(b) Two of each type of animal.
(c) Newborn babies.
(d) Writings extolling the virtues of the One State.
14. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
15. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
(a) Burning the flag.
(b) Drawing the shades.
(c) Using curse words.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
2. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
3. What does D-503 drop on the ground when he is rushing home from I-330's room?
4. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
5. Who, according to I-330, can excuse D-503 from work if she asks him to?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)