|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the walls of the Ancient House?
(c) Faded blue.
(d) Dark red.
2. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
3. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
4. What is the Green Wall made of?
5. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Glass Dome.
(b) The Machine.
(c) The Bell Jar.
(d) The Gas Bell.
6. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
7. What kinds of courses must D-503 attend in the auditorium?
(a) Art and biology.
(b) Math and literature.
(c) Auto shop and math.
(d) Arts and sciences.
8. What does I-330 call the old woman at the Ancient House?
9. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
(a) A squiggle.
(b) An arch.
(c) An X.
(d) A square.
10. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
11. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
(a) Their titles.
(d) Their birthdays.
12. To what does D-503 refer as "broken" after he meets I-330?
(a) His mind.
(b) His relationship with I-330.
(c) His spirit.
(d) His triangle with R and O.
13. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her lips.
(d) Her hands.
14. What is R-13 given the task of turning into a poem?
(a) A song.
(b) A death sentence.
(c) A science lesson.
(d) A math problem.
15. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
(a) By aero.
(b) By car.
(c) They walk.
(d) On horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
2. What is the body of the Integral made of?
3. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
4. Besides D-503, who else is O-90 "registered to" for sexual time?
5. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)