|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
(a) The Schedule.
(b) The Table of Hours.
(c) The Book of Time.
(d) The Norm.
2. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He waves his hands.
(b) He closes his eyes.
(c) He spits.
(d) He wrinkles his nose.
3. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Parental Guide.
(b) The Mother Code.
(c) The Maternal Norm.
(d) The Standards.
4. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
5. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "It's clear."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "No doubt."
(d) "I love you."
6. For how long have the One State's sexual practices been in place?
(a) 300 years.
(c) Five decades.
(d) One year.
7. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
8. What kinds of courses must D-503 attend in the auditorium?
(a) Art and biology.
(b) Auto shop and math.
(c) Arts and sciences.
(d) Math and literature.
9. What mathematical concept does D-503 recall from his childhood that frustrates him?
(b) Prime numbers.
(c) Irrational roots.
10. When S-4711 finds D-503 is out in the street at "seventeen," where does S-4711 take him?
(a) The Guardians.
(b) The Medical Office.
(c) The Ancient House.
(d) The Gas Bell.
11. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
(b) The Ancient House.
12. What term does R-13 use to describe O-90 when discussing her relationship with D-503?
13. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
14. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her lips.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her teeth.
(d) Her hair.
15. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What facial feature of R-13's does D-503 describe as "Negroid?"
2. What object in I-330's room does D-503 forget the name of?
3. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
4. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
5. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)