|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
2. What feature does the narrator initially notice about I-330?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her hands.
3. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
(a) "It was terror."
(b) "I died."
(c) "I was exhilarated."
(d) "It was like Hell."
4. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(a) Lilies of the valley.
5. What is the name of the standards a woman must meet before being able to bear children?
(a) The Parental Guide.
(b) The Maternal Norm.
(c) The Standards.
(d) The Mother Code.
6. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A cheesecake.
(c) His latest writings.
(d) A spray of flowers.
7. According to the narrator, the citizens of the One State have become as _____.
(a) Enemies of humanity.
8. What is the Green Wall made of?
9. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "No doubt."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "It's clear."
(d) "I love you."
10. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
11. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
12. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
13. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a poet.
(d) He is the builder of the Integral.
14. What does the doctor prescribe D-503 for his illness?
(b) A walk.
(c) Pain medication.
15. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One week.
(b) Two years.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number of the man who D-503 almost tells about I-330's "criminal" behavior?
2. For how long have the One State's sexual practices been in place?
3. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
4. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
5. At what times are the citizens of the One State allowed personal time?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)