|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the citizens of the One State use pink coupons for?
(a) Sexual visits.
(c) The lottery.
(d) Sick days.
2. What term does D-503 use to describe his hands?
3. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a poet.
(b) He is the builder of the Integral.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(d) The Benefactor.
5. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He waves his hands.
(b) He wrinkles his nose.
(c) He spits.
(d) He closes his eyes.
6. What auditorium does I-330 tell D-503 to go to when he first speaks to her on the street?
(a) Broadway Theatre.
(b) The one on Fifth Avenue.
(c) Number 112.
(d) Number Two.
7. Who does the narrator describe as "pink?"
(b) His mother.
8. What concept, according to D-503, has a direct correlation with crime?
9. What term does the narrator use to describe life as we currently know it?
10. What is the schedule that regulates each person's daily events called?
(a) The Book of Time.
(b) The Table of Hours.
(c) The Norm.
(d) The Schedule.
11. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) Two years.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
12. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
(a) By telephone.
(b) By mail.
(c) She visits his home.
(d) She sends him an email.
13. What is D-503's illness?
(a) He has the flu.
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) He has a soul.
14. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
15. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator call "fits of epilepsy?"
2. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
3. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
4. How do I-330 and D-503 get to the Ancient House?
5. To what does D-503 compare the feeling in his ribs?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)