|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O-90 call the Guardians?
2. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
(a) The One State Gazette.
(b) The Enquirer.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The One State Star.
3. What term does D-503 say that he will use the next time he sees I-330 after he has not heard from her for a few days?
4. Who does the narrator call "the greatest genius of the ancients?"
5. According to the narrator, what two concepts does the One State conquer?
(a) Hunger and Love.
(b) Love and Hate.
(c) Rage and War.
(d) Poverty and Hunger.
6. What is D-503's illness?
(a) He has a soul.
(b) He has the flu.
(d) Chicken pox.
7. What does R-13 always do when he talks?
(a) He closes his eyes.
(b) He spits.
(c) He wrinkles his nose.
(d) He waves his hands.
8. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
(a) A square.
(b) A squiggle.
(c) An X.
(d) An arch.
9. What is the number of the narrator?
(c) Yevgeny Zamyatin.
(d) Johnny 5.
10. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
11. What expression does D-503 keep repeating when he is at the Ancient House with D-503?
(a) "It's clear."
(b) "Who are you?"
(c) "I love you."
(d) "No doubt."
12. What is the body of the Integral made of?
13. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
(a) An obituary.
(b) An adventure story.
(c) A lie.
(d) A memoir.
14. To what does D-503 refer as an error by God?
(a) The creation of man.
(b) Removing himself from life.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The heart.
15. At what time in the morning do all citizens of the One State rise from bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What facial feature of R-13's does D-503 describe as "Negroid?"
2. What is to be the Integral's first cargo?
3. At what time must D-503 be at the lecture after leaving the Ancient House for the first time?
4. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
5. What does D-503 say about his first ride in the hidden elevator?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)