|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many identities does D-503 "see" in himself?
2. How long does a citizen have to report a crime to the Guardians?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) Two years.
(d) 48 hours.
3. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) His latest writings.
(c) A cheesecake.
(d) A spray of flowers.
4. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
5. How many times does the narrator kiss O-90's eyes after their walk?
6. What criminal activity does I-330 engage in when D-503 visits her room?
(a) Drawing the shades.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Burning the flag.
(d) Using curse words.
7. What does D-503 call "the starting point of all the coordinates?"
(c) The Ancient House.
8. To what shape does D-503 compare his relationship with R-13 and O-90?
(a) An X.
(b) A cone.
(c) A triangle.
(d) A circle.
9. What does D-503 claim he is producing instead of an ode to the One State?
(a) A memoir.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A lie.
(d) An adventure story.
10. To what does D-503 compare the feeling in his ribs?
(a) A cage.
(b) Piercing needles.
(d) Iron rods.
11. What is the One State's torture device called?
(a) The Machine.
(b) The Gas Bell.
(c) The Bell Jar.
(d) The Glass Dome.
12. Why do the doctors not operate on D-503's illness?
(a) I-330 tells them not to.
(b) It will interfere with the building of the Integral.
(c) They do not care if he dies.
(d) D-503 runs away.
13. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(a) The Benefactor.
14. What is the name of one of the "famous mathematical couplets" of the One State?
(a) All Hail the Benefactor.
(b) The Man Who Went Mad.
(c) He Who Was Late to Work.
(d) Love is Awesome.
15. Who sits atop the Cube during the sentencing of the criminal?
(b) The Benefactor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the citizens of the One State call their uniforms?
2. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
3. Instead of names, what are the characters in "We" called by?
4. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
5. What is the number of the narrator?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)