|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what D-503 tells O-90 when discussing a gift that she has given him, what concept can be either good or bad?
2. What term does the narrator have trouble using to describe 0-90?
3. Which of these things is not present in D-503's dreams when he has them for the first time?
4. What color is the liqueur that I-330 drinks?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that the narrator refers to in the first lines of the novel?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The One State Gazette.
(c) The Enquirer.
(d) The One State Star.
6. What is the name of the narrator's poet friend?
7. What emotion does D-503 experience for the first time when he visits I-330 in her room and she mentions S-4711?
8. How does I-330 contact D-503 after their first meeting?
(a) She sends him an email.
(b) She visits his home.
(c) By mail.
(d) By telephone.
9. What does O-90 bring to D-503 from the Botanical Museum?
(b) Lilies of the valley.
10. When S-4711 finds D-503 is out in the street at "seventeen," where does S-4711 take him?
(a) The Ancient House.
(b) The Medical Office.
(c) The Guardians.
(d) The Gas Bell.
11. To whom does I-330 refer as her "constant admirer?"
(b) The Benefactor.
12. What does D-503 think of S-4711 as, and what does he say that he will start calling him?
(a) His Guardian Angel.
(b) His nemesis.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
13. How does D-503 describe the shape of R-13's face?
14. What is the narrator's job?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a poet.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is the builder of the Integral.
15. What gift does R-13 bring to D-503?
(a) His latest writings.
(b) A cheesecake.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A spray of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the One State's torture device called?
2. What is the number of the narrator?
3. After he has not written for days, what color does the narrator keep referring to as how the world appears?
4. What shape do I-330's eyebrows make?
5. To what does D-503 compare the lips of the thin doctor?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)