|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stump Creek Hill?
2. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
3. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
4. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
5. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Marianne drawn to the Green Isle Co-Op to the point that she is willing to give up her college education to work more there? Is the Co-Op filling some kind of void in her life? Is it the feeling of accomplishment? In contrast, why does Patrick feel so negatively about Marianne working at the Co-Op? Does he think she is too good to work while in college? What seems to upset him the most?
Essay Topic 2
Have the students write an essay about Michael Mulvaney's relationship with his own father and how that might have impacted the kind of father he was.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what sending Marianne away to live with a cousin they hardly knew was supposed to accomplish. After reading the entire story, does it accomplish that? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)