|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been happening with Patrick since his father's death?
2. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
3. When Marianne awakens the morning after her grandmother's funeral, what happens?
4. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
5. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Patrick begin having problems with his class work? Does he really disagree with Dr. Herring or is he just being defiant? Why, after being such a good student up until that point is he assigned a new thesis adviser?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of the 4th of July family reunion to each of the members of the family, in particular Judd?
Essay Topic 3
Have the students consider Marianne's reaction to the gray animal hit by the car and why she reacted the way she did. It was more than her love for animals. There is a name for it, though the medical profession was just beginning to understand it at the time this story took place. Explain what happened.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)