|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
2. What does the old man call Judd?
3. How does her roommate Felece-Marie react to Marianne's disappearance?
4. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
5. What does Michael Sr. want to have done with his ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
2. What is the nightmare about that awakens a terrified Patrick just fifteen days before his plan to confront Zach Lundt?
3. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
4. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
5. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
6. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
7. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
8. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
9. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
10. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of the country club to Michael Mulvaney and how does it differ from what it symbolizes to his wife, Corrine? They both appeared to view the country club from different perspectives. Why is that?
Essay Topic 2
There were many nicknames for the characters in the novel. What can be told about each of the characters at various points in their lives by the nicknames that are used?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose behind Patrick setting off the stink bomb at his graduation? Is he bitter about the way people are treating his family? Is it a prank meant to show off how intelligent he is? Is it a way to get out of giving the valedictorian speech? What other possible reasons might he have had?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)