|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marianne's last thoughts as she leaves Abelove's office?
2. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
3. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
4. What member of the family is missing at Michael Mulvaney Sr.'s funeral?
5. What words of Abelove's have a grimly prophetic tone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
2. What is the nightmare about that awakens a terrified Patrick just fifteen days before his plan to confront Zach Lundt?
3. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
4. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
5. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
6. What happens when Judd tries to protect his mother from his father's abuse?
7. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
8. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
9. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
10. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Patrick begin having problems with his class work? Does he really disagree with Dr. Herring or is he just being defiant? Why, after being such a good student up until that point is he assigned a new thesis adviser?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Mike Jr.'s leaving different from the way Michael Sr. left his family when he was a teen? In what ways is it the same?
Essay Topic 3
What do Judd's realizations in the chapter "Every Heartbeat," reveal about him at that point of the story? Explain how that realization could have had an impact on his reaction to all the things that were happening to his family after Marianne's rape.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)