Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
2. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
3. What does Patrick need Judd to do to help him follow through with his plan?
4. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
5. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outside in the building where her mother stores her antiques, Marianne searched for a picture. What is the name of the picture and why is it so important to her?
2. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
3. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
4. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
5. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
6. Why does Mike Jr. visit his father in Rochester?
7. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
8. What kind of relationship does Michael Sr. have with his own father?
9. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
10. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
What does the Stump Creek Hill Animal Shelter and Hospital represent to Marianne? Can it be compared in any way to other places in the story? Does what the shelter represents change for Marianne as the story progresses? Or, do the changes in Marianne change what the shelter is to her? Whatever the case, explain exactly what changes have taken place.
Explain what sending Marianne away to live with a cousin they hardly knew was supposed to accomplish. After reading the entire story, does it accomplish that? If not, why not?
Why does Michael suddenly spend more time with his old friends at the Wolf's Lake Inn after Marianne's rape? Is he in need of moral support or acceptance? Is he too embarrassed or angry about what happened to his daughter to get that from friends from Mt. Ephraim? Does he have any friends left in Mt. Ephraim? What is the difference between the friends at Wolf's Lake Inn and those who belonged to the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)