|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judd finally leave home?
(a) He has a new job in another city.
(b) His father beats him up when he tries to protect his mother.
(c) He feels that it is time to move.
(d) He is going to college.
2. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He couldn't wait to see him.
(b) He hoped he didn't come.
(c) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
(d) He doubted Patrick would be there.
3. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) To the lake.
(b) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(c) To the sewage treatment plant.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
4. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
(a) She runs away again.
(b) She looks for a job near Stump Creek Hill to pay for Muffin's treatments.
(c) She stays to work at Stump Creek Hill shelter.
(d) She goes back to college.
5. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
(a) She wanted to marry him.
(b) She respected him but didn't want to get close.
(c) She had a schoolgirl crush on him.
(d) She laughed at him behind his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the farm sells, where do Michael, Corrine, and Judd move?
2. The last time Marianne speaks to her mother, what does Corrine call Marianne's life?
3. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
4. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
5. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, if Abelove loves Marianne, doesn't he search harder for her after she leaves?
2. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
3. While he waits for Zach Lundt to come out of the Cobb's Corner bar, who besides Zach Lundt does Patrick also think about shooting?
4. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
5. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
6. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
7. Why does Mike Jr. visit his father in Rochester?
8. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
9. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
10. What seems to be happening to Corrine in the chapter, "Hard Reckoning?"
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)