|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(c) To the sewage treatment plant.
(d) To the lake.
2. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
(a) His family.
(b) The classes he was missing.
(c) Easter services the next day.
(d) The German woodcut "The Huntsman."
3. Where does Michael Mulvaney move after he leaves Corrine?
4. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
(a) At dinner.
(b) Early evening.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late in the day.
5. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
(a) Corrine calls to tell her she wants her to come home.
(b) Patrick shows up and suprises her.
(c) Corrine calls to tell her to come to Rochester.
(d) Judd comes for a visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
2. What does Judd keep hearing himself say?
3. What happens to Michael Sr. in Rochester?
4. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
5. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
2. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
3. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
4. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
5. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
6. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
7. Why, if Abelove loves Marianne, doesn't he search harder for her after she leaves?
8. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
9. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
10. What does Corrine mean by Marianne's rag-quilt life?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)