|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
(a) He laughs and tells him he's getting what he deserves.
(b) He suddenly changes his mind and pulls him out.
(c) He turns around and walks away.
(d) He watches as Zachary goes under and drowns.
2. On the morning after the funeral, what personal question does Abelove ask Marianne?
(a) If they could live together, like test driving a car.
(b) He wanted to know if he could talk to her parents and smooth things over for her.
(c) If they could live together and maybe marry.
(d) If there was anything he could do to help her.
3. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(b) To the lake.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) To the sewage treatment plant.
4. What does Marianne decide after Judd tells her that their father is asking for her and only her?
(a) That Judd was jealous.
(b) That he was making it up to make her feel better.
(c) That she would believe him.
(d) That her father was probably also asking for her brothers.
5. What doesn't Marianne take with her?
(a) Her quilt.
(b) Hardcover textbooks.
(c) Paperback books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corrine say after they scatter her husband's ashes?
2. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
3. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
4. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
5. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike Jr. visit his father in Rochester?
2. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
3. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
4. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
5. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
6. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
7. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
8. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
9. Why, if Abelove loves Marianne, doesn't he search harder for her after she leaves?
10. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)