|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
(a) At the gym where Zachary works out.
(b) At the country club.
(c) Cobb's Corner Inn.
(d) At the bog.
2. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(b) To the sewage treatment plant.
(c) To the lake.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
3. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
(a) Farm country.
(b) No-man's-land, south side of Marsena.
(c) Busy urban center.
(d) The slums.
4. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
(a) White Horse is a cheap whiskey he wants his son to buy him.
(b) Michael is trying to change the subject from his drinking.
(c) Michael has been dreaming and in the dream is a white horse.
(d) He's delirious.
5. What does Abelove say about Marianne's relationship with the Co-Op?
(a) He wanted her to take charge of the kitchen.
(b) He wanted to put her in charge of looking for benefactors.
(c) He wanted her to be manager of the gardens.
(d) He wanted her to be an Associate Director.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
2. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
3. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
4. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
5. What does Corrine say after they scatter her husband's ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
2. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
3. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
4. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
5. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
6. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
7. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
8. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
9. Why does Mike Jr. visit his father in Rochester?
10. Why, if Abelove loves Marianne, doesn't he search harder for her after she leaves?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)