|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne do when she sees her father for the first time in twelve years?
(a) She sits silently beside him.
(b) She just stares at him because he looks so different.
(c) She cries so much she can't talk.
(d) She tells him she loves him and that she is sorry.
2. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
(a) Judd comes for a visit.
(b) Corrine calls to tell her to come to Rochester.
(c) Corrine calls to tell her she wants her to come home.
(d) Patrick shows up and suprises her.
3. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
(a) At the country club.
(b) At the bog.
(c) At the gym where Zachary works out.
(d) Cobb's Corner Inn.
4. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
(a) The slums.
(b) No-man's-land, south side of Marsena.
(c) Farm country.
(d) Busy urban center.
5. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
(a) Their father is indigent.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) Their father is a charity case.
(d) Their father is an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
2. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
3. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
4. When Patrick pretends to be an old friend of Zach's when he calls, what does Zach's mother say?
5. What does Abelove say about Marianne's relationship with the Co-Op?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
2. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
3. What seems to be happening to Corrine in the chapter, "Hard Reckoning?"
4. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
5. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
6. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
7. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
8. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
9. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
10. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)