|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
(a) That his son was disloyal when he left home.
(b) That Mike was just there to gather info.
(c) That Mike was looking at him like he is a dog.
(d) That Mike just came to show off to him.
2. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
(a) What Hewie said about him while they were away.
(b) If she loves Hewie.
(c) Why she asked him for a ride.
(d) What Hewie did to her.
3. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He begs not to be shot.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He wets himself.
4. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He couldn't wait to see him.
(b) He doubted Patrick would be there.
(c) He hoped he didn't come.
(d) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
5. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
(a) He's a vet and she takes Muffin there.
(b) She is sick and needs a doctor.
(c) They are set up on a blind date.
(d) He is her college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marianne decide after Judd tells her that their father is asking for her and only her?
2. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
3. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
4. What words of Abelove's have a grimly prophetic tone?
5. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
2. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
3. What is the nightmare about that awakens a terrified Patrick just fifteen days before his plan to confront Zach Lundt?
4. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
5. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
6. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
7. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
8. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
9. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
10. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)