|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
(a) Zachary asks which girl.
(b) Zachary insists he never raped Marianne.
(c) Zachary laughs.
(d) Zachary apologizes.
2. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) His family is past prayer.
(b) He will continue to pray.
(c) His mother can pray.
(d) Prayer doesn't work.
3. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
(a) He laughs at her saying that crying is okay.
(b) He pulls her onto his lap and tries to dry her tears.
(c) He squats beside her and gently asks what is wrong.
(d) He pulls her into his arms and tries to kiss her.
4. How many hours does Marianne work at the Co-Op a week?
(a) Fifty or sixty.
(b) Sixty or seventy.
(c) Thirty or forty.
(d) Forty or fifty.
5. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
(a) That his son was disloyal when he left home.
(b) That Mike was looking at him like he is a dog.
(c) That Mike was just there to gather info.
(d) That Mike just came to show off to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
2. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
3. What do the brothers do for the first time before they part in the chapter titled, "The Handshake."
4. When Marianne awakens the morning after her grandmother's funeral, what happens?
5. What is Stump Creek Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
2. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
3. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
4. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
5. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
6. What does Corrine mean by Marianne's rag-quilt life?
7. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
8. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
9. What happens to Michael Sr. that finally initiates the phone call Marianne has been waiting for from her mother?
10. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)