|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) Spartansburg, Pennsylvania.
(d) Ithaca, New York.
2. What happens to Corrine's antiques?
(a) They are put out for a big yard sale.
(b) Some are sold, others are stored in the new house.
(c) In the attic of their new home.
(d) They put everything in a giant shed.
3. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
(a) He turns around and walks away.
(b) He suddenly changes his mind and pulls him out.
(c) He watches as Zachary goes under and drowns.
(d) He laughs and tells him he's getting what he deserves.
4. What member of the family is missing at Michael Mulvaney Sr.'s funeral?
(d) Mike Jr.
5. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
(d) He is retired from the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marianne's last thoughts as she leaves Abelove's office?
2. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
3. After the farm sells, where do Michael, Corrine, and Judd move?
4. On the morning after the funeral, what personal question does Abelove ask Marianne?
5. What happens to Michael Sr. in Rochester?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
2. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
3. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
4. What is the nightmare about that awakens a terrified Patrick just fifteen days before his plan to confront Zach Lundt?
5. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
6. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
7. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
8. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
9. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
10. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)