|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
(a) She wanted to marry him.
(b) She respected him but didn't want to get close.
(c) She laughed at him behind his back.
(d) She had a schoolgirl crush on him.
2. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early evening.
(c) At dinner.
(d) Late in the day.
3. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(a) That she was finding herself.
(b) That she was visiting her family.
(c) That she needed a vacation.
4. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
(a) Zachary asks which girl.
(b) Zachary laughs.
(c) Zachary insists he never raped Marianne.
(d) Zachary apologizes.
5. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) He is retired from the Marines.
(d) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
2. What doesn't Marianne take with her?
3. What does Marianne do when she sees her father for the first time in twelve years?
4. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
5. What happens to Marianne when she cries while shoveling snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
2. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
3. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
4. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
5. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
6. What does Corrine mean by Marianne's rag-quilt life?
7. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
8. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
9. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
10. What happens to Michael Sr. that finally initiates the phone call Marianne has been waiting for from her mother?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)