|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrine say to Judd when she invites him to a Fourth of July cookout?
(a) That it was finally time to celebrate.
(b) That it would also be a family reunion.
(c) It was going to be a great feast.
(d) That he should bring ice.
2. What does Michael Sr. want to have done with his ashes?
(a) To sprinkle them at his beloved Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
(b) To divide them up between them.
(c) To scatter them on their old farm.
(d) Have his ashes scattered.
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
(a) So great a man.
(b) He'll be missed.
(d) So tragic.
4. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what does Judd admit doing with his father's ashes?
(a) He didn't admit doing anything to the ashes.
(b) He accidentally spilled the ashes.
(c) He peeked at his father's ashes.
(d) He dropped a penny in the box of ashes for good luck.
5. What happens on the first day of summer in the chapter titled, "On My Own"?
(a) Michael Sr. files for bakruptcy.
(b) Corrine files for divorce.
(c) Judd moves home again.
(d) Michael Sr. moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judd explain what happens to their family?
2. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
3. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
4. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
5. How does Judd reply when Patrick asks how their mother is taking the sale of the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
2. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
3. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
4. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
5. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
6. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
7. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
8. At what kind of place is Judd as he heads to the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
9. What does Corrine mean by Marianne's rag-quilt life?
10. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)