|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Patrick call the Lundts in March?
(a) Gathering intelligence to use in court against them.
(b) Just to play with the family like a cat plays with a mouse.
(c) To find out if Zachary would be home for Easter break.
(d) To find out where Zachary was now.
2. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
(b) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(c) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
(d) She is afraid he can't see.
3. What does Marianne do for work after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) Marianne works as an assistant to Penelope Hagstrom, a poet and philanthropist.
(b) She started painting.
(c) She is in college.
(d) She is a maid for a wealthy family.
4. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
(a) She laughed at him behind his back.
(b) She had a schoolgirl crush on him.
(c) She respected him but didn't want to get close.
(d) She wanted to marry him.
5. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
(a) She told him she had to leave.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) She said she had work to do.
(d) She thanked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
2. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
3. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
4. What duty of Birk's does Marianne take over that makes a huge difference at the Co-Op?
5. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
2. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
3. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
4. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
5. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
6. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
7. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
8. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
9. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
10. While he waits for Zach Lundt to come out of the Cobb's Corner bar, who besides Zach Lundt does Patrick also think about shooting?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)