|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to give Marianne a ride to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Hewie, a Co-Op member.
(b) Her roommate Felice-Marie.
(c) Aunt Ethel.
2. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) She is afraid he can't see.
(b) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
(c) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(d) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
3. What does Marianne decide after Judd tells her that their father is asking for her and only her?
(a) That he was making it up to make her feel better.
(b) That Judd was jealous.
(c) That her father was probably also asking for her brothers.
(d) That she would believe him.
4. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
(a) If she accepts undeserved kindness worse things will happen.
(b) If she allowed kindness she would have to reveal her past.
(c) If she allowed good things to happen it would work in reverse.
(d) Kindness is only a mask meant to hide evil intentions.
5. What does Judd reply when his mother tells him that his father loves him?
(a) He says he doesn't know what he knows.
(b) He doesn't believe anything she says.
(c) If his father loved him he wouldn't have beaten him.
(d) That it's a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
2. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
3. From where does Marianne watch her grandmother's funeral?
4. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
5. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
2. What happens after Michael Sr. files for bankruptcy?
3. What happens to Michael Sr. that finally initiates the phone call Marianne has been waiting for from her mother?
4. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
5. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
6. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
7. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
8. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
9. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
10. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)