|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
(a) A sunny day in August.
(b) A snowy November day.
(c) A windy October day.
(d) A rainy day in April.
2. Why does Patrick call the Lundts in March?
(a) Just to play with the family like a cat plays with a mouse.
(b) To find out where Zachary was now.
(c) Gathering intelligence to use in court against them.
(d) To find out if Zachary would be home for Easter break.
3. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
(a) He laughs at her saying that crying is okay.
(b) He squats beside her and gently asks what is wrong.
(c) He pulls her onto his lap and tries to dry her tears.
(d) He pulls her into his arms and tries to kiss her.
4. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
(a) No-man's-land, south side of Marsena.
(b) The slums.
(c) Busy urban center.
(d) Farm country.
5. What does Judd reply when his mother tells him that his father loves him?
(a) If his father loved him he wouldn't have beaten him.
(b) He doesn't believe anything she says.
(c) That it's a lie.
(d) He says he doesn't know what he knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
2. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
3. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
4. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
5. In the chapter, "Rag-Quilt Life," what does Marianne say before she leaves the Co-Op?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
2. What makes Patrick decide to let Zach live?
3. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
4. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
5. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
6. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
7. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
8. What seems to be happening to Corrine in the chapter, "Hard Reckoning?"
9. What does Dr. Whittaker West do for Marianne that makes her very grateful?
10. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)