|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael Sr. want to have done with his ashes?
(a) To divide them up between them.
(b) To scatter them on their old farm.
(c) To sprinkle them at his beloved Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
(d) Have his ashes scattered.
2. The last time Marianne speaks to her mother, what does Corrine call Marianne's life?
(b) A rag-quilt life.
(c) A waste.
3. What has been happening to Marianne since her father's death?
(a) After moving to Pittsburgh she is finally settling down.
(b) She has moved on a few more times.
(c) She and Witt are happily married with two children.
(d) She is living with Corrine.
4. From where does Marianne watch her grandmother's funeral?
(a) The last pew closest to the door so she could leave before anyone knew she was there.
(b) The choir loft where no one else was seated.
(c) Outside the window of the church.
(d) Crouched behind a headstone in the cemetery.
5. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) He will continue to pray.
(b) Prayer doesn't work.
(c) His mother can pray.
(d) His family is past prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
2. Where does Michael Sr. live when his son, Mike, visits him?
3. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
4. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
5. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)