|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
(a) To tell Marianne that her mother wants to see her.
(b) To tell her that her grandmother Hausmann died.
(c) To find out how Marianne is doing.
(d) To tell her that Patrick was arrested for attempted murder.
2. In the chapter, "Rag-Quilt Life," what does Marianne say before she leaves the Co-Op?
(a) That she needs a vacation.
(c) That she will be back.
3. After the farm sells, where do Michael, Corrine, and Judd move?
(a) An apartment in Mt. Ephraim.
(b) A house in Marsena.
(c) A house in Mt. Ephraim.
(d) A mobile home in Marsena.
4. What does an elderly tenant have in the backyard of Judd's new home?
(a) A small garden.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A coop of chickens.
(d) A rabbit pen.
5. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
(a) Kindness is only a mask meant to hide evil intentions.
(b) If she allowed kindness she would have to reveal her past.
(c) If she accepts undeserved kindness worse things will happen.
(d) If she allowed good things to happen it would work in reverse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
2. What has been happening to Marianne since her father's death?
3. What does Corrine say to Judd when she invites him to a Fourth of July cookout?
4. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
5. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
2. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
3. While he waits for Zach Lundt to come out of the Cobb's Corner bar, who besides Zach Lundt does Patrick also think about shooting?
4. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
5. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
6. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
7. What does Corrine mean by Marianne's rag-quilt life?
8. Why, if Abelove loves Marianne, doesn't he search harder for her after she leaves?
9. What happens when Judd tries to protect his mother from his father's abuse?
10. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)