|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael Sr. want to have done with his ashes?
(a) Have his ashes scattered.
(b) To sprinkle them at his beloved Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
(c) To scatter them on their old farm.
(d) To divide them up between them.
2. What has been happening with Patrick since his father's death?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) Patrick is more muscular with shaggy hair.
(c) Patrick is now working with autistic children.
(d) Patrick's girlfriend, Katya, and he are living in California.
3. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
(a) Her mother wanted Aunt Ethel to call and tell her about her grandmother.
(b) Her mother doesn't want her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
(c) That her mother is going to the funeral alone.
(d) Her mother wants her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
4. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
(a) That Mike was just there to gather info.
(b) That Mike was looking at him like he is a dog.
(c) That his son was disloyal when he left home.
(d) That Mike just came to show off to him.
5. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
(a) A sunny day in August.
(b) A snowy November day.
(c) A windy October day.
(d) A rainy day in April.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stump Creek Hill?
2. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
4. What are Marianne's last thoughts as she leaves Abelove's office?
5. What do the brothers do for the first time before they part in the chapter titled, "The Handshake."
Short Essay Questions
1. At what kind of place in her life is Corrine as she plans for the Fourth of July celebration in 1993?
2. What is it that Marianne fears about people making too much of her, worrying about her, or touching her?
3. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
4. What does Dr. Whittaker West do for Marianne that makes her very grateful?
5. What does Michael Sr. want done with his body after he dies?
6. What happens when Judd tries to protect his mother from his father's abuse?
7. Why, after Marianne admits she is in love with Abelove, doesn't she want to accept his proposal?
8. What can be said about Michael Sr.'s life after he leaves Corrine?
9. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
10. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)