|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judd finally leave home?
(a) He feels that it is time to move.
(b) His father beats him up when he tries to protect his mother.
(c) He has a new job in another city.
(d) He is going to college.
2. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) To the sewage treatment plant.
(b) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) To the lake.
3. What does Hewie admit when he and Marianne get back to the Co-Op after going to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) That he was leaving the Co-Op.
(b) That he loved Marianne.
(c) That he wanted Abelove's job.
(d) That he wouldn't tell anyone what she told him.
4. What does Marianne decide after Judd tells her that their father is asking for her and only her?
(a) That her father was probably also asking for her brothers.
(b) That she would believe him.
(c) That he was making it up to make her feel better.
(d) That Judd was jealous.
5. On the morning after the funeral, what personal question does Abelove ask Marianne?
(a) He wanted to know if he could talk to her parents and smooth things over for her.
(b) If they could live together, like test driving a car.
(c) If there was anything he could do to help her.
(d) If they could live together and maybe marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
2. What Charlotte Bronte words become a motto to Marianne?
3. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
4. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
5. When Marianne awakens the morning after her grandmother's funeral, what happens?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)