Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His soccer coach.
(c) His football coach.
(d) A farmer.
2. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(d) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
3. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
(a) She wants to join.
(b) It makes her uneasy, resentful, and angry.
(c) She loves going there.
(d) It is too rich for their blood.
4. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
(a) He runs away from home.
(b) He beats up his father.
(c) He joins the Marines.
(d) He goes looking for Marianne.
5. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
(b) Thirty-five, counting pets.
(c) Sixteen, plus farm animals.
(d) Six, not counting pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
2. What do Marianne's parents give her on her sixteenth birthday that she now fears is broken?
3. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
4. What happens when Michael sees Zachary Lundt?
5. Where does Marianne work while she attends Kilburn College?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marianne run away from the Green Isle Co-Op without a word to anyone?
2. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
3. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
4. What happens when Judd tries to protect his mother from his father's abuse?
5. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
6. After Corrine learns her daughter had been raped, what does she think about doing to cover for Marianne missing school?
7. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
8. What is happening to Michael Sr. when he visits the bar in the Mt. Ephraim Country Club that causes him to throw the contents of his glass of beer into Judge Gerald Kirkland's face?
9. What role does Marianne's brother Patrick play the night of the Valentine's Dance that haunts him years after that night?
10. What seems to be happening to Corrine in the chapter, "Hard Reckoning?"
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)