|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
(b) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(c) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(d) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
2. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That the heart needs the brain for people to survive.
(b) That the brain needs the heart to survive.
(c) That one day he and everyone he loves will die.
(d) That the heart keeps the body alive.
3. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) She insists she can't remember.
(b) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She admits she was drinking.
4. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
(a) He is a genious.
(b) He has a normal I.Q.
(c) He has an I.Q. of 151.
(d) He is a slow learner.
5. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
(a) She thanks God she is alive.
(b) She thanks God she is pretty.
(c) She thanks God for the support of her family.
(d) She thanks God that He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
2. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
3. What is "The Huntsman?"
4. What is said about Judd as a baby?
5. What metaphor does Patrick use to explain what's happened to their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Marianne's brother Patrick play the night of the Valentine's Dance that haunts him years after that night?
2. What does Lydia Bethune tell Corrine about Marianne and what bothers her the most about the revelation?
3. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
4. What does Judd reveal in the extremely short chapter, "Gone?"
5. After Corrine learns her daughter had been raped, what does she think about doing to cover for Marianne missing school?
6. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
7. What is Michael's reaction when Mort Lundt explains that he grounded his son for six weeks as though what his son did was bad, but not criminal?
8. Outside in the building where her mother stores her antiques, Marianne searched for a picture. What is the name of the picture and why is it so important to her?
9. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
10. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)