|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
(a) It raised the question, will the huntsman really shoot the ram he's aiming his weapon at.
(b) The artwork was a modern style Patrick liked.
(c) Patrick loved hunting and the picture reminded him of the sport.
(d) Patrick collected art that depicted man against beast.
2. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A foreign exchange student.
(b) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
(c) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(d) A friend from home named Jerry.
3. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
(b) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
(c) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
(d) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
4. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That the brain needs the heart to survive.
(b) That one day he and everyone he loves will die.
(c) That the heart needs the brain for people to survive.
(d) That the heart keeps the body alive.
5. Where does Patrick go in September 1976?
(a) Patrick joins the Navy.
(b) Patrick goes to Cornell University.
(c) Patrick goes to SUNY.
(d) Patricks goes hiking to find himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
2. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
3. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
4. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
5. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Whittaker West do for Marianne that makes her very grateful?
2. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
3. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
4. How does Patrick explain to Judd the reason he doesn't want to see their parents?
5. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
6. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
7. How does Judd explain to Patrick about their mother's behavior on Sunday mornings?
8. Why is it so important to Marianne that her father really does ask to see her?
9. What event occurs to Corrine in 1938 that she attributes to providence, and why does she say she is spared from death?
10. What is happening to Marianne's grades in college and why is it happening?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)