|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That the heart needs the brain for people to survive.
(b) That one day he and everyone he loves will die.
(c) That the heart keeps the body alive.
(d) That the brain needs the heart to survive.
2. How does Corrine say the country club discriminates against her family?
(a) She and Marianne cannot enter through the front door.
(b) They don't permit children in the dining room.
(c) They can't get in without dress clothing.
(d) They don't let them eat in the main dining room.
3. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
(a) Michael sleeping peacefully.
(b) Michael with another woman.
(c) Michael drunk and with injuries he got from a bar room fight.
(d) Michael playing pool with his buddies.
4. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
(a) That his father doesn't want to talk to anyone.
(b) That his father looks so out of place among his friends.
(c) That the man who was once the center of attention was now treated like an invisible man.
(d) That the people treated his father with respect.
5. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
(a) She thanks God she is pretty.
(b) She thanks God she is alive.
(c) She thanks God for the support of her family.
(d) She thanks God that He loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Huntsman?"
2. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
3. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
4. What does Corrine think about her daughter after talking with Mrs. Bethune?
5. What does the woodcut make Patrick wonder about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
2. When Patrick speaks on the phone with his sister Marianne, what might be said about the background noise that is taking place at her end of the line?
3. What is Michael's reaction when Mort Lundt explains that he grounded his son for six weeks as though what his son did was bad, but not criminal?
4. What is the family code discussed in the chapter by the same title, and in what way does Marianne break the code?
5. Why is Michael Sr. obsessed with finding the right lawyer for a lawsuit, and what is he actually suing for?
6. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
7. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
8. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
9. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
10. In the chapter, "Imminent Mortality", how does Michael Sr. react to the news that his daughter has been raped?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)