|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marianne do when someone draws a nasty picture on the seat of her chair at school?
(a) She gets angry and scribbles over it.
(b) She runs out of the room in embarrasment.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) Nothing, she doesn't see it.
2. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
(b) As a lab specimen.
(c) As a spoiled brat.
(d) As their enemy.
3. Why is Della Rae considered a "dirty girl"?
(a) She likes to drink.
(b) She plays in the dirt.
(c) She has a foul mouth.
(d) She has poor hygiene and is promiscuous.
4. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
(a) It is the best newspaper in the county.
(b) It is the only newspaper in town.
(c) It is a good, decent, truth-telling paper.
(d) It is a great place to get his start before moving on to a larger newspaper.
5. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
(a) Michael drunk and with injuries he got from a bar room fight.
(b) Michael sleeping peacefully.
(c) Michael with another woman.
(d) Michael playing pool with his buddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
2. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
3. Where does Corrine learn her husband has been spending time?
4. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
5. How does the family refer to the word rape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the toll on Judd as his siblings leave home?
2. What is Judd's motivation to agree when his brother, Patrick, calls and confirms he is still planning to "extract justice" by possibly killing Zach Lundt?
3. Marianne repeats the same words over and over again that she can't remember what happened the night of the dance, and that she can't give testimony against Zach. However, in the chapter, "The Penitent," there is a hint at another thing that could motivate her not to testify. What is that?
4. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
5. What is the purpose of putting a lewd drawing on the seat of Marianne's chair in French class, and what happens because of it?
6. What does the title of the story imply in comparison to the title of the first chapter, "Storybook House?"
7. What kind of relationship does Michael Sr. have with his own father?
8. What does Judd reveal in the extremely short chapter, "Gone?"
9. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
10. Why is Judd so insistent to find out what has happened to his sister that he put the family in such a turmoil?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)