|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
(a) St. Ann's Church.
(b) St. Michael's Church.
(c) In a back booth at the diner.
(d) On the playground.
2. What is Corrine's nickname?
3. What does Judd think bothers his brother, Mike, the most about their sister's rape?
(a) Judd thinks Mike is upset because no one talks about it.
(b) Judd thinks Mike is upset because he didn't protect her.
(c) Judd thinks Mike is upset because everyone is making such a big thing out of it.
(d) Judd thinks Mike is taking the rape as a slap in his face.
4. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
(c) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
(d) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
5. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
(a) He goes looking for Marianne.
(b) He runs away from home.
(c) He beats up his father.
(d) He joins the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do for what seems no apparent reason while at the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
2. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
3. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
4. What is meant by Pinch's laser-ray?
5. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
2. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
3. Outside in the building where her mother stores her antiques, Marianne searched for a picture. What is the name of the picture and why is it so important to her?
4. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
5. What is the family code discussed in the chapter by the same title, and in what way does Marianne break the code?
6. Why is Michael Sr. obsessed with finding the right lawyer for a lawsuit, and what is he actually suing for?
7. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
8. What does Lydia Bethune tell Corrine about Marianne and what bothers her the most about the revelation?
9. What is the toll on Judd as his siblings leave home?
10. When entering a debate about the war in Vietnam, what is it that Corrine compares that war to, and why?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)