|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(b) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(c) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
(d) At first sight.
2. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
(a) Mrs. Lundt calls the police.
(b) Mrs. Lundt calls Corrine.
(c) Mrs. Lundt calls their lawyer.
(d) Mrs. Lundt decides to take a nap.
3. Where does most of the story take place?
(a) Five Point Road, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(b) High Point Farm, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(c) Chautauqua Valley Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
(d) High Point Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
4. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
(a) That he's going rock climbing.
(b) That he's started working in plastic art.
(c) That he's joining the crowd and going out more.
(d) That he's going to a rock concert.
5. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(c) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
(d) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Corrine's nickname?
2. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
3. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
4. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
5. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the toll on Judd as his siblings leave home?
2. What is revealed about the experience of Michael Sr. and Corrine becoming parents to their four children?
3. After Corrine learns her daughter had been raped, what does she think about doing to cover for Marianne missing school?
4. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
5. What is the family code discussed in the chapter by the same title, and in what way does Marianne break the code?
6. What does the title of the story imply in comparison to the title of the first chapter, "Storybook House?"
7. What event occurs to Corrine in 1938 that she attributes to providence, and why does she say she is spared from death?
8. What does Lydia Bethune tell Corrine about Marianne and what bothers her the most about the revelation?
9. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
10. What is Michael's reaction when Mort Lundt explains that he grounded his son for six weeks as though what his son did was bad, but not criminal?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)