|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
(b) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
(c) Getting a will drawn up.
(d) Planning to divorce her.
2. What is Corrine's nickname?
3. What does Judd say about setting down the truth of this story?
(a) The story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
(b) Judd got some information first hand, and some from memory and conversations with family members.
(c) This is a work of pure fiction.
(d) Most of the story is true, but he did fabricate some to make it interesting.
4. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
(a) The dress is an altered dress that had once been Corrine's.
(b) Marianne and her mother shopped for it together.
(c) Marianne sewed the dress herself.
(d) Her mother suprised her with the dress.
5. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
2. Where does Michael Mulvaney Sr. go in the chapter titled "Dignity?"
3. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
4. Who approaches Corrine at the post office?
5. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the toll on Judd as his siblings leave home?
2. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
3. What happens at the rock concert that Patrick attends that Judd believes sets off a long series of criminal events in which he assisted Patrick?
4. Outside in the building where her mother stores her antiques, Marianne searched for a picture. What is the name of the picture and why is it so important to her?
5. When entering a debate about the war in Vietnam, what is it that Corrine compares that war to, and why?
6. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
7. What upsets Corrine when she finds a matchbook in Michael's pants pocket from the Wolf's Head Inn?
8. What is happening to Michael Sr. when he visits the bar in the Mt. Ephraim Country Club that causes him to throw the contents of his glass of beer into Judge Gerald Kirkland's face?
9. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
10. What event occurs to Corrine in 1938 that she attributes to providence, and why does she say she is spared from death?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)