|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is P.J.?
(a) Papa John, Michael's father.
(b) Corrine's aunt, Penelope Josephine.
(c) Patrick Mulvaney.
(d) Corrine, who loved being in her PJ's.
2. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
(a) On the playground.
(b) In a back booth at the diner.
(c) St. Ann's Church.
(d) St. Michael's Church.
3. What is Corrine's nickname?
4. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
(a) Michael sleeping peacefully.
(b) Michael with another woman.
(c) Michael playing pool with his buddies.
(d) Michael drunk and with injuries he got from a bar room fight.
5. How old is Corrine in the story she tells about December 1938?
(b) She doesn't remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
2. Where does Corrine learn her husband has been spending time?
3. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
4. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
5. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
2. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
3. What is the purpose of putting a lewd drawing on the seat of Marianne's chair in French class, and what happens because of it?
4. What does Judd reveal in the extremely short chapter, "Gone?"
5. Outside in the building where her mother stores her antiques, Marianne searched for a picture. What is the name of the picture and why is it so important to her?
6. What does the title of the story imply in comparison to the title of the first chapter, "Storybook House?"
7. What does Lydia Bethune tell Corrine about Marianne and what bothers her the most about the revelation?
8. Marianne repeats the same words over and over again that she can't remember what happened the night of the dance, and that she can't give testimony against Zach. However, in the chapter, "The Penitent," there is a hint at another thing that could motivate her not to testify. What is that?
9. What upsets Corrine when she finds a matchbook in Michael's pants pocket from the Wolf's Head Inn?
10. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)