|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
(a) Abelove says Marianne is a very poor student.
(b) Abelove says that all Marianne needs is faith in herself.
(c) Abelove says he wants Marianne to quit college and work more at the Co-Op.
(d) Abelove says he wants to marry Marianne.
2. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
(b) Michael Sr.
(d) Michael Jr.
3. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
(d) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
4. What does Corrine think about her daughter after talking with Mrs. Bethune?
(a) She'd known something had been wrong but didn't want to investigate.
(b) She wondered if her daughter was sick.
(c) She wondered if her daughter wanted to switch churches.
(d) She hadn't a clue there was a problem with her daughter.
5. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(c) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
(d) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
2. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
3. How does the family refer to the word rape?
4. What is meant by Pinch's laser-ray?
5. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Michael Sr. have with his own father?
2. What event occurs to Corrine in 1938 that she attributes to providence, and why does she say she is spared from death?
3. Why is Michael Sr. obsessed with finding the right lawyer for a lawsuit, and what is he actually suing for?
4. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
5. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
6. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
7. What is the toll on Judd as his siblings leave home?
8. In the chapter, "Every Heartbeat," what is it that Judd suddenly realizes?
9. What is revealed about the experience of Michael Sr. and Corrine becoming parents to their four children?
10. After Corrine learns her daughter had been raped, what does she think about doing to cover for Marianne missing school?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)