|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Michael Mulvaney Sr. go in the chapter titled "Dignity?"
(a) To Ithaca to visit Patrick.
(b) To work.
(c) To the store.
(d) Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
2. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
(a) Execute justice.
(b) Get sweet revenge.
(c) Get even.
(d) He wants an eye for an eye.
3. Where does most of the story take place?
(a) High Point Farm, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(b) Chautauqua Valley Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
(c) Five Point Road, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(d) High Point Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
4. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(b) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(c) He realized he had no friends.
(d) He was going through a new phase in his life.
5. What is the name of the person Marianne is living with?
(a) Ethel Mulaney.
(b) Ethel Hausmann.
(c) Katrina Mulvaney.
(d) Grandma Hausmann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judd think bothers his brother, Mike, the most about their sister's rape?
2. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
3. In the chapter, "The Assault," why does Michael Mulvaney go to Mort Lundt's house?
4. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
5. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
2. Judd happens upon his father talking to his older brothers about some kind of secret. What is the discussion about and what is the significance of the discussion?
3. What is happening to Michael Sr. when he visits the bar in the Mt. Ephraim Country Club that causes him to throw the contents of his glass of beer into Judge Gerald Kirkland's face?
4. Why is Michael Sr. obsessed with finding the right lawyer for a lawsuit, and what is he actually suing for?
5. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
6. What is the purpose of putting a lewd drawing on the seat of Marianne's chair in French class, and what happens because of it?
7. When entering a debate about the war in Vietnam, what is it that Corrine compares that war to, and why?
8. What does Judd reveal in the extremely short chapter, "Gone?"
9. What is Michael's reaction when Mort Lundt explains that he grounded his son for six weeks as though what his son did was bad, but not criminal?
10. What role does Marianne's brother Patrick play the night of the Valentine's Dance that haunts him years after that night?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)