|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woodcut make Patrick wonder about himself?
(a) Why did the man in the picture look like him?
(b) Would he ever be able to take a hunting trip to Canada?
(c) Was he no different than any other human being?
(d) Was he coded, like other males, to hunt and kill?
2. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
(a) Patrick was a lively child who got into things.
(b) Patrick was a demanding baby.
(c) Patrick was a quiet and shy baby.
(d) Patrick was the largest baby.
3. What is written about Marianne as a baby?
(a) Marianne was a demanding baby.
(b) Marianne was their miracle baby; very easy going.
(c) Marianne was the largest baby.
(d) Marianne was a lively child.
4. What does Michael do for what seems no apparent reason while at the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) He gets up and sings "Yankee Doodle."
(b) He gets so drunk he passes out.
(c) He throws the contents of his beer glass in Judge Gerald Kirkland's face.
(d) He tears up his membership card and throws it at the club president.
5. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
(b) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(c) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
(d) To live with her maiden aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
2. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
3. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
4. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
5. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers Judd the most after his father's death when they go to scatter his ashes?
2. What does the title of the story imply in comparison to the title of the first chapter, "Storybook House?"
3. What is the nightmare about that awakens a terrified Patrick just fifteen days before his plan to confront Zach Lundt?
4. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
5. When entering a debate about the war in Vietnam, what is it that Corrine compares that war to, and why?
6. What happens when Judd tries to protect his mother from his father's abuse?
7. What is the difference between the relationship that Patrick has with Marianne and the one he has with Judd?
8. Why is Abelove upset that Marianne accepts a ride from Hewie Miner to take her to her grandmother's funeral?
9. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
10. What does Marianne do when Abelove's assistant, Birk, disappears?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)