|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judd say of his parents' relationship before things changed?
(a) Michael and Corrine fought a lot.
(b) Michael and Corrine were romantic.
(c) Michael and Corrine were indifferent to each other.
(d) Michael and Corrine liked to play jokes on each other.
2. What is Corrine's nickname?
3. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(b) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(c) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
(d) At first sight.
4. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
(a) She thanks God she is alive.
(b) She thanks God she is pretty.
(c) She thanks God that He loves her.
(d) She thanks God for the support of her family.
5. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is a dreamer.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is a lonely boy.
(d) He is sneaky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Patrick use to explain what's happened to their father?
2. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
3. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
4. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
5. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions are triggered about himself as Patrick thinks about the drawing, "The Huntsman?"
2. After Corrine learns her daughter had been raped, what does she think about doing to cover for Marianne missing school?
3. What kind of relationship does Michael Sr. have with his own father?
4. Judd happens upon his father talking to his older brothers about some kind of secret. What is the discussion about and what is the significance of the discussion?
5. Why is Michael Sr. obsessed with finding the right lawyer for a lawsuit, and what is he actually suing for?
6. What upsets Corrine when she finds a matchbook in Michael's pants pocket from the Wolf's Head Inn?
7. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
8. What is revealed about the experience of Michael Sr. and Corrine becoming parents to their four children?
9. What exactly does Patrick mean when he says "execution of justice?"
10. What is the family code discussed in the chapter by the same title, and in what way does Marianne break the code?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)