|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Judd when Patrick makes his request?
2. What does Patrick need Judd to do to help him follow through with his plan?
(a) Get some guns from their gun cabinet.
(b) Create an alibi for him.
(c) Get some fertilizer from the barn.
(d) Get a pistol from the nightstand beside their father's bed.
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(b) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
(c) To live with her maiden aunt.
(d) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
4. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That he had a loud heartbeat.
(b) Every heatbeat is past and gone.
(c) That he wanted to be a doctor someday.
(d) That he had a strong heartbeat.
5. Who is Jill James?
(a) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(b) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(c) Marianne's best friend.
(d) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judd think bothers his brother, Mike, the most about their sister's rape?
2. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
3. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
4. Where does Corrine learn her husband has been spending time?
5. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
2. Judd happens upon his father talking to his older brothers about some kind of secret. What is the discussion about and what is the significance of the discussion?
3. While he waits for Zach Lundt to come out of the Cobb's Corner bar, who besides Zach Lundt does Patrick also think about shooting?
4. In the chapter, "Tears," what is it that Marianne is patiently waiting for?
5. What is revealed about the experience of Michael Sr. and Corrine becoming parents to their four children?
6. What does Judd reveal in the extremely short chapter, "Gone?"
7. What does Marianne think will happen when she goes to her Grandmother Hauseman's funeral?
8. What kind of relationship does Michael Sr. have with his own father?
9. How does Corrine react to Judd's moving away from home?
10. Does Patrick set off the stink bomb perfectly timed to coincide with his valedictorian speech? And, if so, what reasons does he have to do it?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)