|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judd explain what happens to their family?
(a) Things go wrong and no one knows how to fix it.
(b) They were all too prideful.
(c) They were all too stubborn.
(d) He doesn't know, but says they should forget about it.
2. From where does Marianne watch her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Crouched behind a headstone in the cemetery.
(b) The last pew closest to the door so she could leave before anyone knew she was there.
(c) The choir loft where no one else was seated.
(d) Outside the window of the church.
3. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) Spartansburg, Pennsylvania.
(b) Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) Ithaca, New York.
(d) No one knows.
4. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) Their darkest secrets.
(b) Government secrets.
(c) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(d) Everything about them.
5. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
(b) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
(c) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(d) She is afraid he can't see.
6. What has been happening with Patrick since his father's death?
(a) Patrick is now working with autistic children.
(b) Patrick is more muscular with shaggy hair.
(c) Patrick's girlfriend, Katya, and he are living in California.
(d) All the answers are correct.
7. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
(a) The slums.
(b) No-man's-land, south side of Marsena.
(c) Farm country.
(d) Busy urban center.
8. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
(a) Search for benefactors.
(b) Cook meals.
(c) Scrub floors.
(d) Drum up business.
9. What does Corrine say after they scatter her husband's ashes?
(a) She can hear dad laughing.
(b) This is funny.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He'd think it was funny.
10. How does Judd reply when Patrick asks how their mother is taking the sale of the farm?
(a) He says he can't tell if she's acting okay or if she really is okay.
(b) Judd says she's okay, that she is the one handling most of it.
(c) Judd says she cries a lot.
(d) He admits it is very hard on her.
11. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
(a) Working out at the gym.
(b) Spending more time in the lab.
(d) Putting his thoughts in a journal.
12. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
(a) Zachary apologizes.
(b) Zachary insists he never raped Marianne.
(c) Zachary asks which girl.
(d) Zachary laughs.
13. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
(a) It's like she breaks down every Sunday morning.
(b) It's like the pastor and his wife are her only friends.
(c) It's like she gets her strength from church.
(d) It's like she's not really there, she just stares into space.
14. What does Michael Sr. want to have done with his ashes?
(a) To sprinkle them at his beloved Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
(b) Have his ashes scattered.
(c) To scatter them on their old farm.
(d) To divide them up between them.
15. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(a) That she needed a vacation.
(b) That she was visiting her family.
(c) That she was finding herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
2. How many hours does Marianne work at the Co-Op a week?
3. Who is Birk?"
4. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
5. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)