|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) He is retired from the Marines.
(b) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
2. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
(a) To tell her that her grandmother Hausmann died.
(b) To tell her that Patrick was arrested for attempted murder.
(c) To tell Marianne that her mother wants to see her.
(d) To find out how Marianne is doing.
3. How does Judd explain what happens to their family?
(a) They were all too stubborn.
(b) They were all too prideful.
(c) He doesn't know, but says they should forget about it.
(d) Things go wrong and no one knows how to fix it.
4. What has been happening with Patrick since his father's death?
(a) Patrick's girlfriend, Katya, and he are living in California.
(b) Patrick is now working with autistic children.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Patrick is more muscular with shaggy hair.
5. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
(a) It's like she's not really there, she just stares into space.
(b) It's like the pastor and his wife are her only friends.
(c) It's like she gets her strength from church.
(d) It's like she breaks down every Sunday morning.
6. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) Spartansburg, Pennsylvania.
(b) Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) Ithaca, New York.
(d) No one knows.
7. On the morning after the funeral, what personal question does Abelove ask Marianne?
(a) If there was anything he could do to help her.
(b) He wanted to know if he could talk to her parents and smooth things over for her.
(c) If they could live together and maybe marry.
(d) If they could live together, like test driving a car.
8. In the chapter, "Intensive Care," what is happening to Michael Mulvaney, Sr.?
(a) He's in the hospital for tests.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He has a stomach ulcer.
(d) He is dying.
9. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
(b) She is afraid he can't see.
(c) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(d) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
10. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
(a) He's a vet and she takes Muffin there.
(b) They are set up on a blind date.
(c) She is sick and needs a doctor.
(d) He is her college professor.
11. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
(a) Professor Henning.
(b) Doctor Herring.
(c) Doctor Henning.
(d) Professor Herring.
12. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
(a) He gives Muffin updated shots.
(b) He puts Muffin to sleep.
(c) There is nothing he can do.
(d) Muffin's kidney's are failing and he takes him for dialysis in Pittsburgh.
13. After the farm sells, where do Michael, Corrine, and Judd move?
(a) A mobile home in Marsena.
(b) A house in Marsena.
(c) A house in Mt. Ephraim.
(d) An apartment in Mt. Ephraim.
14. How does her roommate Felece-Marie react to Marianne's disappearance?
(a) With anger.
(b) Worry and concern.
(c) Baffled and numb.
(d) She's happy she'll have the room to herself.
15. What happens to Michael Sr. in Rochester?
(a) He quits drinking.
(b) He sends for Corrine.
(c) He finds a good job.
(d) His drinking increases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marianne decide after Judd tells her that their father is asking for her and only her?
2. Where is Judd to pick up the guns after Patrick is finished with them?
3. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
4. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
5. What happens to Corrine's antiques?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)