|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
(b) He couldn't wait to see him.
(c) He hoped he didn't come.
(d) He doubted Patrick would be there.
2. What happens to Marianne when she cries while shoveling snow?
(a) Nothing, she keeps working.
(b) She tries to dry them with tissues, but the tissues freeze and she looks like Santa.
(c) Her tears freeze.
(d) Nothing, she had a scarf protecting her.
3. Where does Michael Sr. live when his son, Mike, visits him?
(a) Above the Golden Pavilion Chinese Restaurant.
(b) In the back room of the Golden Pavilion Chinese Restaurant.
(c) In the projects.
(d) In a one-room apartment.
4. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
(a) He is mad for not following through with his plan.
(b) He is feeling elated.
(c) He is upset that he killed someone.
(d) He is numb.
5. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) Everything about them.
(b) Government secrets.
(c) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(d) Their darkest secrets.
6. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
(a) You carefully plan something that looks like luck to an observer.
(b) Nothing is left to chance if it is carefully designed.
(c) First you design something then it's up to chance.
(d) No matter how you design something chance enters into it.
7. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
(a) So great a man.
(c) He'll be missed.
(d) So tragic.
8. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
(a) He wets himself.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) He begs not to be shot.
(d) He cries.
9. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
(c) He is retired from the Marines.
(d) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
10. What has been happening with Corrine since her husband's death?
(a) She is engaged to be married.
(b) She shares a home and is in the antique business with her friend Sable Mills.
(c) She has opened her own antique shop in town.
(d) She shares a home with a man named Gable Mills.
11. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
(a) Patrick is tougher looking and has a beard.
(b) Patrick is wearing a disguise.
(c) Patrick is wearing a mask.
(d) Patrick has dyed hair.
12. What does Hewie admit when he and Marianne get back to the Co-Op after going to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) That he was leaving the Co-Op.
(b) That he wouldn't tell anyone what she told him.
(c) That he loved Marianne.
(d) That he wanted Abelove's job.
13. Who offers to give Marianne a ride to her grandmother's funeral?
(b) Hewie, a Co-Op member.
(c) Her roommate Felice-Marie.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
14. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) Prayer doesn't work.
(b) He will continue to pray.
(c) His family is past prayer.
(d) His mother can pray.
15. Why can't Michael Sr. get and keep a job?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He looks terrible.
(d) He has a bad attitude and temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
2. What does Corrine say to Judd when she invites him to a Fourth of July cookout?
3. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
4. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
5. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)