|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time Marianne speaks to her mother, what does Corrine call Marianne's life?
(b) A waste.
(d) A rag-quilt life.
2. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
(a) To hide her tears.
(b) Because no one else wants to chop them.
(c) Because she loves to cook.
(d) Chopping helps get rid of her frustrations.
3. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
(a) Professor Henning.
(b) Doctor Henning.
(c) Doctor Herring.
(d) Professor Herring.
4. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what does Judd admit doing with his father's ashes?
(a) He dropped a penny in the box of ashes for good luck.
(b) He didn't admit doing anything to the ashes.
(c) He peeked at his father's ashes.
(d) He accidentally spilled the ashes.
5. How many hours does Marianne work at the Co-Op a week?
(a) Thirty or forty.
(b) Fifty or sixty.
(c) Forty or fifty.
(d) Sixty or seventy.
6. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
(b) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(c) She is afraid he can't see.
(d) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
7. How does Judd reply when Patrick asks how their mother is taking the sale of the farm?
(a) Judd says she cries a lot.
(b) He admits it is very hard on her.
(c) He says he can't tell if she's acting okay or if she really is okay.
(d) Judd says she's okay, that she is the one handling most of it.
8. What is Stump Creek Hill?
(a) A federal and state licensed zoo.
(b) A veterinary clinic.
(c) A home for sick, injured, abandoned, and elderly animals.
(d) All the answers are correct.
9. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(b) Government secrets.
(c) Their darkest secrets.
(d) Everything about them.
10. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
(b) He hoped he didn't come.
(c) He couldn't wait to see him.
(d) He doubted Patrick would be there.
11. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
(a) That Mike was looking at him like he is a dog.
(b) That Mike was just there to gather info.
(c) That his son was disloyal when he left home.
(d) That Mike just came to show off to him.
12. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
(a) She told him she had to leave.
(b) She thanked him.
(c) She said she had work to do.
(d) All the answers are correct.
13. What does the old man call Judd?
(a) Juddy-boy or Kid.
(b) Juddy-boy or Sonny.
(c) Kid or Sonny.
(d) Sonny or Bud.
14. Who is Birk?"
(a) Abelove's real name is Birk.
(b) Abelove's assistant who disappeared.
(c) Birk is a day worker at the Co-Op.
(d) Birk is Marianne's boyfriend.
15. What does an elderly tenant have in the backyard of Judd's new home?
(a) A small garden.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A rabbit pen.
(d) A coop of chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
2. What happens to Corrine's antiques?
3. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
4. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
5. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)