|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, "Intensive Care," what is happening to Michael Mulvaney, Sr.?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He's in the hospital for tests.
(d) He has a stomach ulcer.
2. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
(a) He watches as Zachary goes under and drowns.
(b) He laughs and tells him he's getting what he deserves.
(c) He turns around and walks away.
(d) He suddenly changes his mind and pulls him out.
3. What does Marianne do when she sees her father for the first time in twelve years?
(a) She just stares at him because he looks so different.
(b) She sits silently beside him.
(c) She tells him she loves him and that she is sorry.
(d) She cries so much she can't talk.
4. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(b) Everything about them.
(c) Government secrets.
(d) Their darkest secrets.
5. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
(a) What Hewie did to her.
(b) If she loves Hewie.
(c) Why she asked him for a ride.
(d) What Hewie said about him while they were away.
6. How does Marianne meet Dr. Whittaker West?
(a) He is her college professor.
(b) They are set up on a blind date.
(c) He's a vet and she takes Muffin there.
(d) She is sick and needs a doctor.
7. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
(a) Penelope wanted Marianne to become associate director of her foundation.
(b) The woman offered her a higher paid position.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) The woman wanted her to help with her poetry.
8. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
(a) He wets himself.
(b) He cries.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He begs not to be shot.
9. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
(a) At dinner.
(b) Late in the day.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early evening.
10. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
(a) Chopping helps get rid of her frustrations.
(b) Because she loves to cook.
(c) To hide her tears.
(d) Because no one else wants to chop them.
11. From where does Marianne watch her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Outside the window of the church.
(b) Crouched behind a headstone in the cemetery.
(c) The last pew closest to the door so she could leave before anyone knew she was there.
(d) The choir loft where no one else was seated.
12. Where is Judd to pick up the guns after Patrick is finished with them?
(a) In a trash can by the high school.
(b) At an abandoned cemetery.
(c) Under some leaves by their church.
(d) In the woods behind their house.
13. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
(a) Putting his thoughts in a journal.
(c) Spending more time in the lab.
(d) Working out at the gym.
14. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
(a) She goes back to college.
(b) She looks for a job near Stump Creek Hill to pay for Muffin's treatments.
(c) She runs away again.
(d) She stays to work at Stump Creek Hill shelter.
15. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
(a) There is nothing he can do.
(b) He puts Muffin to sleep.
(c) He gives Muffin updated shots.
(d) Muffin's kidney's are failing and he takes him for dialysis in Pittsburgh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the brothers do for the first time before they part in the chapter titled, "The Handshake."
2. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
3. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
4. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
5. What doesn't Marianne take with her?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)