|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judd explain what happens to their family?
(a) They were all too stubborn.
(b) Things go wrong and no one knows how to fix it.
(c) They were all too prideful.
(d) He doesn't know, but says they should forget about it.
2. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
(a) Nothing is left to chance if it is carefully designed.
(b) You carefully plan something that looks like luck to an observer.
(c) First you design something then it's up to chance.
(d) No matter how you design something chance enters into it.
3. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) To the sewage treatment plant.
(b) To the lake.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
4. What has been happening with Patrick since his father's death?
(a) Patrick is now working with autistic children.
(b) Patrick is more muscular with shaggy hair.
(c) Patrick's girlfriend, Katya, and he are living in California.
(d) All the answers are correct.
5. What has been happening with Corrine since her husband's death?
(a) She is engaged to be married.
(b) She shares a home with a man named Gable Mills.
(c) She shares a home and is in the antique business with her friend Sable Mills.
(d) She has opened her own antique shop in town.
6. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
(b) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
(c) He is retired from the Marines.
(d) All the answers are correct.
7. What does Corrine say to Judd when she invites him to a Fourth of July cookout?
(a) That he should bring ice.
(b) That it was finally time to celebrate.
(c) That it would also be a family reunion.
(d) It was going to be a great feast.
8. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
(a) Drum up business.
(b) Search for benefactors.
(c) Cook meals.
(d) Scrub floors.
9. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
(a) Their father is an alcoholic.
(b) Their father is a charity case.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Their father is indigent.
10. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
(a) She had a schoolgirl crush on him.
(b) She wanted to marry him.
(c) She laughed at him behind his back.
(d) She respected him but didn't want to get close.
11. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
(a) Her mother wanted Aunt Ethel to call and tell her about her grandmother.
(b) Her mother wants her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
(c) That her mother is going to the funeral alone.
(d) Her mother doesn't want her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
12. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
(a) A sunny day in August.
(b) A rainy day in April.
(c) A windy October day.
(d) A snowy November day.
13. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
(a) Patrick is wearing a disguise.
(b) Patrick has dyed hair.
(c) Patrick is tougher looking and has a beard.
(d) Patrick is wearing a mask.
14. The last time Marianne speaks to her mother, what does Corrine call Marianne's life?
(a) A waste.
(b) A rag-quilt life.
15. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) He will continue to pray.
(b) Prayer doesn't work.
(c) His family is past prayer.
(d) His mother can pray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
2. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
3. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
4. How does her roommate Felece-Marie react to Marianne's disappearance?
5. What are Marianne's last thoughts as she leaves Abelove's office?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)