|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelove say that makes Marianne cry more?
(a) He suggests she get a therapist.
(b) He depends on her to do her job and not waste time crying.
(c) He says that if nothing makes her cry like she is, what might something do.
(d) He tells her he knows why she is crying and wants to help.
2. How does her roommate Felece-Marie react to Marianne's disappearance?
(a) Baffled and numb.
(b) Worry and concern.
(c) With anger.
(d) She's happy she'll have the room to herself.
3. Where does Patrick decide he is going to take Zachary Lundt to get revenge?
(a) None of the answers are correct.
(b) Back to where Zach raped Marianne.
(c) To the sewage treatment plant.
(d) To the lake.
4. What happens when Abelove finds Marianne crying in the greenhouse?
(a) He pulls her into his arms and tries to kiss her.
(b) He laughs at her saying that crying is okay.
(c) He squats beside her and gently asks what is wrong.
(d) He pulls her onto his lap and tries to dry her tears.
5. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
(a) He's delirious.
(b) Michael is trying to change the subject from his drinking.
(c) White Horse is a cheap whiskey he wants his son to buy him.
(d) Michael has been dreaming and in the dream is a white horse.
6. When does Abelove discover that Marianne has left the Co-Op?
(a) At dinner.
(b) Early evening.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late in the day.
7. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
(a) He is upset that he killed someone.
(b) He is mad for not following through with his plan.
(c) He is feeling elated.
(d) He is numb.
8. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
(a) She runs away again.
(b) She stays to work at Stump Creek Hill shelter.
(c) She goes back to college.
(d) She looks for a job near Stump Creek Hill to pay for Muffin's treatments.
9. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
(a) A snowy November day.
(b) A rainy day in April.
(c) A sunny day in August.
(d) A windy October day.
10. The last time Marianne speaks to her mother, what does Corrine call Marianne's life?
(b) A rag-quilt life.
(d) A waste.
11. What happens to Corrine's antiques?
(a) They put everything in a giant shed.
(b) They are put out for a big yard sale.
(c) Some are sold, others are stored in the new house.
(d) In the attic of their new home.
12. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
(a) Spending more time in the lab.
(c) Putting his thoughts in a journal.
(d) Working out at the gym.
13. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
(a) Professor Henning.
(b) Professor Herring.
(c) Doctor Henning.
(d) Doctor Herring.
14. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He couldn't wait to see him.
(b) He doubted Patrick would be there.
(c) He hoped he didn't come.
(d) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
15. What does Marianne do when she sees her father for the first time in twelve years?
(a) She cries so much she can't talk.
(b) She sits silently beside him.
(c) She just stares at him because he looks so different.
(d) She tells him she loves him and that she is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
2. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
3. How does Marianne feel about Abelove?
4. What member of the family is missing at Michael Mulvaney Sr.'s funeral?
5. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)