|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(a) That she needed a vacation.
(b) That she was finding herself.
(d) That she was visiting her family.
2. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
(a) Because no one else wants to chop them.
(b) Chopping helps get rid of her frustrations.
(c) To hide her tears.
(d) Because she loves to cook.
3. What happens on the first day of summer in the chapter titled, "On My Own"?
(a) Michael Sr. moves away.
(b) Michael Sr. files for bakruptcy.
(c) Corrine files for divorce.
(d) Judd moves home again.
4. How does Judd explain what happens to their family?
(a) They were all too stubborn.
(b) They were all too prideful.
(c) He doesn't know, but says they should forget about it.
(d) Things go wrong and no one knows how to fix it.
5. What does Zachary do when Patrick stops his car and points a rifle at him?
(a) He cries.
(b) He wets himself.
(c) He begs not to be shot.
(d) All answers are correct.
6. In the chapter, "Rag-Quilt Life," what does Marianne say before she leaves the Co-Op?
(c) That she needs a vacation.
(d) That she will be back.
7. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
(a) White Horse is a cheap whiskey he wants his son to buy him.
(b) He's delirious.
(c) Michael is trying to change the subject from his drinking.
(d) Michael has been dreaming and in the dream is a white horse.
8. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
(a) It's like she gets her strength from church.
(b) It's like she's not really there, she just stares into space.
(c) It's like the pastor and his wife are her only friends.
(d) It's like she breaks down every Sunday morning.
9. What does Corrine say after they scatter her husband's ashes?
(a) She can hear dad laughing.
(b) This is funny.
(c) He'd think it was funny.
(d) All the answers are correct.
10. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) Government secrets.
(b) Their darkest secrets.
(c) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(d) Everything about them.
11. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
(a) Working out at the gym.
(b) Spending more time in the lab.
(c) Putting his thoughts in a journal.
12. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(b) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
(c) She is afraid he can't see.
(d) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
13. What does Judd think when Corrine tells him that Patrick is going to be at the reunion?
(a) He hoped he didn't come.
(b) He would have some choice words for him if he did.
(c) He doubted Patrick would be there.
(d) He couldn't wait to see him.
14. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
(b) He is retired from the Marines.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
15. What does Michael Sr. suddenly blurt out to Mike Jr. during his visit?
(a) That his son was disloyal when he left home.
(b) That Mike was just there to gather info.
(c) That Mike was looking at him like he is a dog.
(d) That Mike just came to show off to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
2. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
3. What does Judd reply when his mother tells him that his father loves him?
4. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
5. How many hours does Marianne work at the Co-Op a week?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)