|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrine say to Judd when she invites him to a Fourth of July cookout?
(a) It was going to be a great feast.
(b) That it would also be a family reunion.
(c) That he should bring ice.
(d) That it was finally time to celebrate.
2. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
(a) She stays to work at Stump Creek Hill shelter.
(b) She runs away again.
(c) She looks for a job near Stump Creek Hill to pay for Muffin's treatments.
(d) She goes back to college.
3. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
(a) He puts Muffin to sleep.
(b) He gives Muffin updated shots.
(c) Muffin's kidney's are failing and he takes him for dialysis in Pittsburgh.
(d) There is nothing he can do.
4. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
(a) If she allowed kindness she would have to reveal her past.
(b) If she allowed good things to happen it would work in reverse.
(c) If she accepts undeserved kindness worse things will happen.
(d) Kindness is only a mask meant to hide evil intentions.
5. What happens to Corrine's antiques?
(a) Some are sold, others are stored in the new house.
(b) They put everything in a giant shed.
(c) In the attic of their new home.
(d) They are put out for a big yard sale.
6. Where does Michael Mulvaney move after he leaves Corrine?
7. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
(a) Their father is a charity case.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) Their father is an alcoholic.
(d) Their father is indigent.
8. How many hours does Marianne work at the Co-Op a week?
(a) Fifty or sixty.
(b) Forty or fifty.
(c) Thirty or forty.
(d) Sixty or seventy.
9. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
(a) The German woodcut "The Huntsman."
(b) His family.
(c) The classes he was missing.
(d) Easter services the next day.
10. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
(a) That her mother is going to the funeral alone.
(b) Her mother doesn't want her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
(c) Her mother wants her to attend her grandmother's funeral.
(d) Her mother wanted Aunt Ethel to call and tell her about her grandmother.
11. What happens to Michael Sr. in Rochester?
(a) His drinking increases.
(b) He quits drinking.
(c) He sends for Corrine.
(d) He finds a good job.
12. Who offers to give Marianne a ride to her grandmother's funeral?
(a) Hewie, a Co-Op member.
(c) Her roommate Felice-Marie.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
13. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) His family is past prayer.
(b) Prayer doesn't work.
(c) His mother can pray.
(d) He will continue to pray.
14. What does Patrick start doing the winter before he executes his plan?
(b) Spending more time in the lab.
(c) Putting his thoughts in a journal.
(d) Working out at the gym.
15. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
(a) Patrick is tougher looking and has a beard.
(b) Patrick has dyed hair.
(c) Patrick is wearing a disguise.
(d) Patrick is wearing a mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, "Intensive Care," what is happening to Michael Mulvaney, Sr.?
2. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
3. What happens on the first day of summer in the chapter titled, "On My Own"?
4. What happens after Patrick changes his thesis topic three times?
5. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)