Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
(a) He is feeling elated.
(b) He is upset that he killed someone.
(c) He is numb.
(d) He is mad for not following through with his plan.
2. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
(a) To tell Marianne that her mother wants to see her.
(b) To tell her that Patrick was arrested for attempted murder.
(c) To find out how Marianne is doing.
(d) To tell her that her grandmother Hausmann died.
3. Who is Birk?"
(a) Birk is a day worker at the Co-Op.
(b) Abelove's real name is Birk.
(c) Abelove's assistant who disappeared.
(d) Birk is Marianne's boyfriend.
4. Why can't Michael Sr. get and keep a job?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He has a bad attitude and temper.
(c) He looks terrible.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
5. Why does Patrick call the Lundts in March?
(a) Gathering intelligence to use in court against them.
(b) Just to play with the family like a cat plays with a mouse.
(c) To find out if Zachary would be home for Easter break.
(d) To find out where Zachary was now.
6. What does an elderly tenant have in the backyard of Judd's new home?
(a) A coop of chickens.
(b) A small garden.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A rabbit pen.
7. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) Everything about them.
(b) Their darkest secrets.
(c) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(d) Government secrets.
8. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
(a) His family.
(b) Easter services the next day.
(c) The classes he was missing.
(d) The German woodcut "The Huntsman."
9. What doesn't Marianne take with her?
(b) Her quilt.
(c) Paperback books.
(d) Hardcover textbooks.
10. What does Marianne do after Whit tends to Muffin?
(a) She goes back to college.
(b) She looks for a job near Stump Creek Hill to pay for Muffin's treatments.
(c) She runs away again.
(d) She stays to work at Stump Creek Hill shelter.
11. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
(a) Patrick shows up and suprises her.
(b) Corrine calls to tell her to come to Rochester.
(c) Judd comes for a visit.
(d) Corrine calls to tell her she wants her to come home.
12. What does Judd reply when his mother tells him that his father loves him?
(a) He says he doesn't know what he knows.
(b) He doesn't believe anything she says.
(c) If his father loved him he wouldn't have beaten him.
(d) That it's a lie.
13. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(a) That she was finding herself.
(c) That she needed a vacation.
(d) That she was visiting her family.
14. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
(a) The woman wanted her to help with her poetry.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) The woman offered her a higher paid position.
(d) Penelope wanted Marianne to become associate director of her foundation.
15. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) Spartansburg, Pennsylvania.
(d) Ithaca, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Ethel tell her about her mother?
2. What happens to Marianne when she cries while shoveling snow?
3. What words of Abelove's have a grimly prophetic tone?
4. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
5. What happens after Patrick changes his thesis topic three times?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)