|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(a) That she was finding herself.
(b) That she was visiting her family.
(d) That she needed a vacation.
2. Why does Judd finally leave home?
(a) He has a new job in another city.
(b) His father beats him up when he tries to protect his mother.
(c) He is going to college.
(d) He feels that it is time to move.
3. What has been happening with Corrine since her husband's death?
(a) She shares a home with a man named Gable Mills.
(b) She is engaged to be married.
(c) She has opened her own antique shop in town.
(d) She shares a home and is in the antique business with her friend Sable Mills.
4. What kind of day is it when they dispose of Michael's ashes?
(a) A rainy day in April.
(b) A snowy November day.
(c) A sunny day in August.
(d) A windy October day.
5. How does Patrick feel as he drives away from the bog?
(a) He is upset that he killed someone.
(b) He is feeling elated.
(c) He is numb.
(d) He is mad for not following through with his plan.
6. What does Judd say about prayer?
(a) He will continue to pray.
(b) Prayer doesn't work.
(c) His mother can pray.
(d) His family is past prayer.
7. Where does Michael Sr. live when his son, Mike, visits him?
(a) In the back room of the Golden Pavilion Chinese Restaurant.
(b) In a one-room apartment.
(c) Above the Golden Pavilion Chinese Restaurant.
(d) In the projects.
8. What happens on the first day of summer in the chapter titled, "On My Own"?
(a) Michael Sr. files for bakruptcy.
(b) Michael Sr. moves away.
(c) Corrine files for divorce.
(d) Judd moves home again.
9. What do some of the people at the Co-Op suspect Abelove knows?
(a) He knows how to be invisible so he can hear everything they say.
(b) Everything about them.
(c) Their darkest secrets.
(d) Government secrets.
10. What do the brothers do for the first time before they part in the chapter titled, "The Handshake."
(a) They pray together.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) They hug.
(d) They promise to stay in touch.
11. What has been happening to Marianne since her father's death?
(a) She and Witt are happily married with two children.
(b) She is living with Corrine.
(c) After moving to Pittsburgh she is finally settling down.
(d) She has moved on a few more times.
12. What has been happening to Mike Jr. since his father's death?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) He and his wife are expecting their third child.
(c) He's married to a lovely woman named Vicky.
(d) He is retired from the Marines.
13. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
(a) The German woodcut "The Huntsman."
(b) The classes he was missing.
(c) Easter services the next day.
(d) His family.
14. What does Abelove say about Marianne's relationship with the Co-Op?
(a) He wanted her to be an Associate Director.
(b) He wanted her to be manager of the gardens.
(c) He wanted to put her in charge of looking for benefactors.
(d) He wanted her to take charge of the kitchen.
15. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
(a) Corrine calls to tell her to come to Rochester.
(b) Corrine calls to tell her she wants her to come home.
(c) Judd comes for a visit.
(d) Patrick shows up and suprises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
2. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
3. How does her roommate Felece-Marie react to Marianne's disappearance?
4. Why doesn't Judd recognize Patrick when they meet the night before Easter?
5. What duty of Birk's does Marianne take over that makes a huge difference at the Co-Op?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)