Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
(a) She thanked him.
(b) She said she had work to do.
(c) She told him she had to leave.
(d) All the answers are correct.
2. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
(a) Ithaca, New York.
(b) Spartansburg, Pennsylvania.
(c) Erie, Pennsylvania.
(d) No one knows.
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
(a) He'll be missed.
(c) So great a man.
(d) So tragic.
4. What words of Abelove's have a grimly prophetic tone?
(a) "Vanished off the face of the Earth."
(b) "Up in smoke."
(c) "Gone but never forgotten."
(d) "Disappeared without a trace."
5. Why does Aunt Ethel call Marianne?
(a) To find out how Marianne is doing.
(b) To tell her that her grandmother Hausmann died.
(c) To tell Marianne that her mother wants to see her.
(d) To tell her that Patrick was arrested for attempted murder.
6. What does Marianne do when she sees her father for the first time in twelve years?
(a) She sits silently beside him.
(b) She tells him she loves him and that she is sorry.
(c) She cries so much she can't talk.
(d) She just stares at him because he looks so different.
7. Why is Marianne so concerned that her father doesn't recognize her?
(a) She needs to be sure he's forgiven her.
(b) She is afraid he can't see.
(c) She is afraid if he knew who she is, he wouldn't want her there.
(d) If he hasn't, then she wasted the trip.
8. What does Abelove tell everyone at the Co-Op after they discover Marianne is gone?
(b) That she was visiting her family.
(c) That she was finding herself.
(d) That she needed a vacation.
9. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
(a) Because no one else wants to chop them.
(b) Chopping helps get rid of her frustrations.
(c) To hide her tears.
(d) Because she loves to cook.
10. Where does Patrick expect to capture Zachary Lundt?
(a) At the gym where Zachary works out.
(b) At the country club.
(c) At the bog.
(d) Cobb's Corner Inn.
11. In the chapter, "Rag-Quilt Life," what does Marianne say before she leaves the Co-Op?
(a) That she will be back.
(c) That she needs a vacation.
12. What does an elderly tenant have in the backyard of Judd's new home?
(a) A coop of chickens.
(b) A small garden.
(c) A rabbit pen.
(d) A rocking chair.
13. Who is the professor who serves as Patrick's adviser in college?
(a) Doctor Henning.
(b) Professor Herring.
(c) Professor Henning.
(d) Doctor Herring.
14. Where is Judd to pick up the guns after Patrick is finished with them?
(a) In a trash can by the high school.
(b) In the woods behind their house.
(c) Under some leaves by their church.
(d) At an abandoned cemetery.
15. What happens when Patrick tells Zachary he's the brother of the girl he raped?
(a) Zachary asks which girl.
(b) Zachary insists he never raped Marianne.
(c) Zachary laughs.
(d) Zachary apologizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the farm sells, where do Michael, Corrine, and Judd move?
2. What finally happens while Marianne is working at Stump Creek Hill?
3. Why does Marianne leave Penelope Hagstrom's?
4. What happens to Michael Sr. in Rochester?
5. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)