|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
(a) Abelove says Marianne is a very poor student.
(b) Abelove says he wants Marianne to quit college and work more at the Co-Op.
(c) Abelove says that all Marianne needs is faith in herself.
(d) Abelove says he wants to marry Marianne.
2. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
(a) Judd asks Marianne and she tells him.
(b) He finally asks his father and he tells him.
(c) His mother tells him.
(d) He finally corners Mike and Mike tells him.
3. In the chapter titled "Phase," what does Michael Sr. begin doing late at night?
(a) Smoking and drinking beer or whiskey.
(b) Having nightmares.
(c) Sleeping more soundly than usual.
(d) Going for long walks by himself.
4. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
(b) Getting a will drawn up.
(c) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
(d) Planning to divorce her.
5. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
(b) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
6. What is written about Marianne as a baby?
(a) Marianne was their miracle baby; very easy going.
(b) Marianne was a demanding baby.
(c) Marianne was the largest baby.
(d) Marianne was a lively child.
7. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
8. What does Patrick need Judd to do to help him follow through with his plan?
(a) Get some guns from their gun cabinet.
(b) Get a pistol from the nightstand beside their father's bed.
(c) Create an alibi for him.
(d) Get some fertilizer from the barn.
9. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(b) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
10. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
(a) That the people treated his father with respect.
(b) That his father doesn't want to talk to anyone.
(c) That the man who was once the center of attention was now treated like an invisible man.
(d) That his father looks so out of place among his friends.
11. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(c) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
(d) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
12. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
(a) It is the only newspaper in town.
(b) It is a good, decent, truth-telling paper.
(c) It is the best newspaper in the county.
(d) It is a great place to get his start before moving on to a larger newspaper.
13. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) She admits she was drinking.
(b) She insists she can't remember.
(c) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(d) All answers are correct.
14. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
(a) It gives her something to do.
(b) She doesn't like ironing at all.
(c) It is a time she can meditate and pray.
(d) She takes pride in unwrinkled clothes.
15. In the chapter titled "Reverse Prayer", what does Patrick say to Judd when he calls?
(a) He asks to speak to their mother.
(b) He confides in Judd that he hates college.
(c) He asks for Judd's help.
(d) He asks what happened to their father at the country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is P.J.?
2. What does Judd say of his parents' relationship before things changed?
3. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
4. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
5. What is the name of the person Marianne is living with?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)