|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
(a) Patrick loved hunting and the picture reminded him of the sport.
(b) The artwork was a modern style Patrick liked.
(c) Patrick collected art that depicted man against beast.
(d) It raised the question, will the huntsman really shoot the ram he's aiming his weapon at.
2. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
(c) A light from Heaven.
(d) Twinkle lights.
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(b) To live with her maiden aunt.
(c) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
(d) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
4. What does Judd say about setting down the truth of this story?
(a) Judd got some information first hand, and some from memory and conversations with family members.
(b) This is a work of pure fiction.
(c) The story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
(d) Most of the story is true, but he did fabricate some to make it interesting.
5. What metaphor does Patrick use to explain what's happened to their father?
(a) Their father is a casualty of war.
(b) Their father is a child who no one wants to play with.
(c) A frog whose life is sucked out of it by a giant water spider.
(d) Their father has fallen off his pedestal.
6. What is the question that might have been raised about Marianne's phone call for a ride home the day after the Valentine's Dance?
(a) Marianne was supposed to be picked up later.
(b) There was no question to be raised.
(c) Marianne was supposed to be home the night before.
(d) Marianne was supposed to be driven home by someone else.
7. Who is Muffin?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
8. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
(a) He's uncertain Patrick is strong enough to do it.
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) He thinks Patrick will change his mind.
(d) He's afraid Patrick won't do it right.
9. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(c) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
10. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
(c) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(d) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
11. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(b) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(c) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(d) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
12. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(b) At first sight.
(c) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(d) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
13. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
14. Who is P.J.?
(a) Patrick Mulvaney.
(b) Corrine, who loved being in her PJ's.
(c) Papa John, Michael's father.
(d) Corrine's aunt, Penelope Josephine.
15. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) When she was taken from their home.
(b) The past weekend when he visited her.
(c) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
(d) At her high school graduation the previous June.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Judd when Patrick makes his request?
2. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
3. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
4. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
5. What does Corrine think about her daughter after talking with Mrs. Bethune?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)