|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
2. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
(a) Judd asks Marianne and she tells him.
(b) His mother tells him.
(c) He finally corners Mike and Mike tells him.
(d) He finally asks his father and he tells him.
3. How old is Judd when Patrick makes his request?
4. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
(a) He is a slow learner.
(b) He has an I.Q. of 151.
(c) He is a genious.
(d) He has a normal I.Q.
5. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) She admits she was drinking.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) She insists she can't remember.
(d) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
6. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
(b) Michael Sr.
(d) Michael Jr.
7. What does Michael say about Corrine's appearance?
(a) She should buy some new clothes.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) She should wear some makeup.
(d) She needed to have her hair cut and styled.
8. Where does Michael Mulvaney Sr. go in the chapter titled "Dignity?"
(a) Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
(b) To the store.
(c) To work.
(d) To Ithaca to visit Patrick.
9. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(d) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
10. What does Judd say about setting down the truth of this story?
(a) This is a work of pure fiction.
(b) The story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
(c) Most of the story is true, but he did fabricate some to make it interesting.
(d) Judd got some information first hand, and some from memory and conversations with family members.
11. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
(a) Michael drunk and with injuries he got from a bar room fight.
(b) Michael sleeping peacefully.
(c) Michael playing pool with his buddies.
(d) Michael with another woman.
12. What does Judd think bothers his brother, Mike, the most about their sister's rape?
(a) Judd thinks Mike is upset because he didn't protect her.
(b) Judd thinks Mike is upset because no one talks about it.
(c) Judd thinks Mike is taking the rape as a slap in his face.
(d) Judd thinks Mike is upset because everyone is making such a big thing out of it.
13. Who approaches Corrine at the post office?
(a) Rev. Earkin.
(b) Mrs. Weidman.
(d) Lydia Bethune.
14. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
(a) It raised the question, will the huntsman really shoot the ram he's aiming his weapon at.
(b) The artwork was a modern style Patrick liked.
(c) Patrick collected art that depicted man against beast.
(d) Patrick loved hunting and the picture reminded him of the sport.
15. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
(a) "Love me! I'm more than enough."
(b) "Marry me. I'll love you forever."
(c) "Let's elope."
(d) "Stay with me forever."
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking all over the bus terminal for Marianne, where does Patrick find her?
2. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
3. What is Corrine's nickname?
4. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
5. What is said about Judd as a baby?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)