|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jill James?
(a) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(b) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(c) Marianne's best friend.
(d) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
2. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
3. What is Corrine's nickname?
4. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
(b) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She starts crying.
5. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(b) He was going through a new phase in his life.
(c) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(d) He realized he had no friends.
6. Who is Muffin?
(a) A goat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
7. Why is Della Rae considered a "dirty girl"?
(a) She has a foul mouth.
(b) She plays in the dirt.
(c) She likes to drink.
(d) She has poor hygiene and is promiscuous.
8. In the chapter, "The Assault," why does Michael Mulvaney go to Mort Lundt's house?
(a) He is out driving and just ends up there.
(b) Mort is his good friend, and he wants to discuss what happened to Marianne with him.
(c) Michael stops by there regularly to play cards with Mort.
(d) He is angry because he believes Zachary, Mort's son, is the person who raped Marianne.
9. What is the name of the person Marianne is living with?
(a) Grandma Hausmann.
(b) Katrina Mulvaney.
(c) Ethel Hausmann.
(d) Ethel Mulaney.
10. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(b) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(c) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(d) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
11. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A foreign exchange student.
(b) A friend from home named Jerry.
(c) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(d) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
12. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) The past weekend when he visited her.
(b) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
(c) At her high school graduation the previous June.
(d) When she was taken from their home.
13. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
(a) She thinks birds spread germs.
(b) She wants Feathers for her own.
(c) She doesn't like the bird being loose.
(d) She doesn't think it should be in a cage.
14. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
(b) Michael Jr.
(c) Michael Sr.
15. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As a spoiled brat.
(b) As their enemy.
(c) As a lab specimen.
(d) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judd say of his parents' relationship before things changed?
2. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
3. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
4. What metaphor does Patrick use to explain what's happened to their father?
5. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)