|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
(a) She loves going there.
(b) It is too rich for their blood.
(c) It makes her uneasy, resentful, and angry.
(d) She wants to join.
2. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
(a) She suspects he will blame her.
(b) She decides not to tell him.
(c) She wishes he would never have to know.
(d) She fears his anger at the bad news.
3. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
4. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(d) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
5. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) When she was taken from their home.
(b) At her high school graduation the previous June.
(c) The past weekend when he visited her.
(d) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
6. Where does Michael Mulvaney Sr. go in the chapter titled "Dignity?"
(a) To the store.
(b) To work.
(c) To Ithaca to visit Patrick.
(d) Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
7. Where does Corrine learn her husband has been spending time?
(a) The Country Club.
(b) Wolf's Head Inn.
(c) Wolf's Head Lodge.
(d) Scroon Lake.
8. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
(a) High Point Antiques.
(b) Mt. Ephraim Antiques.
(c) High Point This and That.
(d) Chautauqua Valley Farm Antiques.
9. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
10. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) At first sight.
(b) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(c) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(d) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
11. Who is Jill James?
(a) Marianne's best friend.
(b) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(c) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(d) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
12. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) A farmer.
(b) His football coach.
(c) His soccer coach.
(d) His mother.
13. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
(a) That his father doesn't want to talk to anyone.
(b) That the man who was once the center of attention was now treated like an invisible man.
(c) That the people treated his father with respect.
(d) That his father looks so out of place among his friends.
14. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her maiden aunt.
(b) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(d) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
15. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is a lonely boy.
(b) He is sneaky.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is a dreamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
2. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
3. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
4. Who approaches Corrine at the post office?
5. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)