|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Judd when Patrick makes his request?
2. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
(a) The boy who raped her told her.
(b) Doctor Oakley told her.
(c) Mother's intuition.
(d) Marianne told her.
3. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
(a) Judd is the last child born to Corrine and Michael Mulvaney.
(b) Because the caboose was his favorite car on his train.
(c) No particular reason, it just sounded cute.
(d) Because he liked to play with trains.
4. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Zachary Lundt.
(b) Mick Jaggar.
(c) Mike Jr.
5. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
(a) On the playground.
(b) St. Ann's Church.
(c) St. Michael's Church.
(d) In a back booth at the diner.
6. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
7. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
(a) Sixteen, plus farm animals.
(b) Six, not counting pets.
(c) Thirty-five, counting pets.
8. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
(a) Abelove says he wants to marry Marianne.
(b) Abelove says he wants Marianne to quit college and work more at the Co-Op.
(c) Abelove says Marianne is a very poor student.
(d) Abelove says that all Marianne needs is faith in herself.
9. Who is Jill James?
(a) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(b) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(c) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(d) Marianne's best friend.
10. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
(a) Patrick was the largest baby.
(b) Patrick was a demanding baby.
(c) Patrick was a lively child who got into things.
(d) Patrick was a quiet and shy baby.
11. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
(a) He's afraid Patrick won't do it right.
(b) He thinks Patrick will change his mind.
(c) He's uncertain Patrick is strong enough to do it.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
12. Where does Patrick go in September 1976?
(a) Patricks goes hiking to find himself.
(b) Patrick joins the Navy.
(c) Patrick goes to Cornell University.
(d) Patrick goes to SUNY.
13. What is written about Marianne as a baby?
(a) Marianne was a lively child.
(b) Marianne was the largest baby.
(c) Marianne was a demanding baby.
(d) Marianne was their miracle baby; very easy going.
14. What is the question that might have been raised about Marianne's phone call for a ride home the day after the Valentine's Dance?
(a) There was no question to be raised.
(b) Marianne was supposed to be picked up later.
(c) Marianne was supposed to be home the night before.
(d) Marianne was supposed to be driven home by someone else.
15. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
2. What does Michael say about Corrine's appearance?
3. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
4. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
5. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)