|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrine think about her daughter after talking with Mrs. Bethune?
(a) She hadn't a clue there was a problem with her daughter.
(b) She wondered if her daughter wanted to switch churches.
(c) She wondered if her daughter was sick.
(d) She'd known something had been wrong but didn't want to investigate.
2. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Getting a will drawn up.
(b) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
(c) Planning to divorce her.
(d) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
3. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That he had a loud heartbeat.
(b) That he had a strong heartbeat.
(c) Every heatbeat is past and gone.
(d) That he wanted to be a doctor someday.
4. What is meant by Pinch's laser-ray?
(a) The nasty look he gives before he gets angry.
(b) The way Patrick squints because his left eye is so weak.
(c) It is a toy Patrick was given at Christmas a long time ago.
(d) It is a joking term Judd uses for Patrick's glasses.
5. In the chapter, "The Assault," why does Michael Mulvaney go to Mort Lundt's house?
(a) He is angry because he believes Zachary, Mort's son, is the person who raped Marianne.
(b) Mort is his good friend, and he wants to discuss what happened to Marianne with him.
(c) Michael stops by there regularly to play cards with Mort.
(d) He is out driving and just ends up there.
6. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
(a) She wishes he would never have to know.
(b) She fears his anger at the bad news.
(c) She suspects he will blame her.
(d) She decides not to tell him.
7. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
8. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
(a) He is a genious.
(b) He has a normal I.Q.
(c) He has an I.Q. of 151.
(d) He is a slow learner.
9. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
(a) Mrs. Lundt calls their lawyer.
(b) Mrs. Lundt decides to take a nap.
(c) Mrs. Lundt calls Corrine.
(d) Mrs. Lundt calls the police.
10. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As a spoiled brat.
(b) As a lab specimen.
(c) As their enemy.
(d) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
11. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
(b) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
(c) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
(d) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
12. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
(a) It is a good, decent, truth-telling paper.
(b) It is the best newspaper in the county.
(c) It is a great place to get his start before moving on to a larger newspaper.
(d) It is the only newspaper in town.
13. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(d) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
14. What does Patrick need Judd to do to help him follow through with his plan?
(a) Get some guns from their gun cabinet.
(b) Create an alibi for him.
(c) Get some fertilizer from the barn.
(d) Get a pistol from the nightstand beside their father's bed.
15. Who is Jill James?
(a) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(b) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(c) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(d) Marianne's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "The Huntsman?"
2. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
3. What is written about Marianne as a baby?
4. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
5. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)