|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
(a) That he's going rock climbing.
(b) That he's started working in plastic art.
(c) That he's going to a rock concert.
(d) That he's joining the crowd and going out more.
2. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(b) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
(c) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(d) At first sight.
3. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
4. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
(a) She thinks birds spread germs.
(b) She doesn't like the bird being loose.
(c) She doesn't think it should be in a cage.
(d) She wants Feathers for her own.
5. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
(a) He thinks Patrick will change his mind.
(b) None of the answers are correct.
(c) He's afraid Patrick won't do it right.
(d) He's uncertain Patrick is strong enough to do it.
6. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
7. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(b) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(c) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(d) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
8. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
(a) Michael Jr.
(c) Michael Sr.
9. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
(a) She thanks God that He loves her.
(b) She thanks God she is pretty.
(c) She thanks God she is alive.
(d) She thanks God for the support of her family.
10. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
(a) She fears his anger at the bad news.
(b) She suspects he will blame her.
(c) She wishes he would never have to know.
(d) She decides not to tell him.
11. Who approaches Corrine at the post office?
(a) Rev. Earkin.
(b) Mrs. Weidman.
(d) Lydia Bethune.
12. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(b) She admits she was drinking.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) She insists she can't remember.
13. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(b) He was going through a new phase in his life.
(c) He realized he had no friends.
(d) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
14. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) His football coach.
(b) His mother.
(c) His soccer coach.
(d) A farmer.
15. How does Judd find out what really happened to Marianne?
(a) His mother tells him.
(b) He finally corners Mike and Mike tells him.
(c) Judd asks Marianne and she tells him.
(d) He finally asks his father and he tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
2. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
3. What is Corrine's nickname?
4. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
5. What do Marianne's parents give her on her sixteenth birthday that she now fears is broken?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)