|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(c) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
(d) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
2. In the chapter titled "Phase," what does Michael Sr. begin doing late at night?
(a) Going for long walks by himself.
(b) Having nightmares.
(c) Sleeping more soundly than usual.
(d) Smoking and drinking beer or whiskey.
3. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
(a) On the playground.
(b) St. Michael's Church.
(c) St. Ann's Church.
(d) In a back booth at the diner.
4. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As a lab specimen.
(b) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
(c) As their enemy.
(d) As a spoiled brat.
5. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) She admits she was drinking.
(b) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(c) She insists she can't remember.
(d) All answers are correct.
6. What does Marianne thank God for after the rape?
(a) She thanks God she is pretty.
(b) She thanks God for the support of her family.
(c) She thanks God she is alive.
(d) She thanks God that He loves her.
7. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
(a) "Marry me. I'll love you forever."
(b) "Stay with me forever."
(c) "Let's elope."
(d) "Love me! I'm more than enough."
8. What does Judd think bothers his brother, Mike, the most about their sister's rape?
(a) Judd thinks Mike is upset because he didn't protect her.
(b) Judd thinks Mike is upset because no one talks about it.
(c) Judd thinks Mike is upset because everyone is making such a big thing out of it.
(d) Judd thinks Mike is taking the rape as a slap in his face.
9. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A friend from home named Jerry.
(b) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
(c) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(d) A foreign exchange student.
10. What is Corrine's nickname?
11. Why is Della Rae considered a "dirty girl"?
(a) She plays in the dirt.
(b) She has a foul mouth.
(c) She likes to drink.
(d) She has poor hygiene and is promiscuous.
12. Who is Jill James?
(a) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(b) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(c) Marianne's best friend.
(d) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
13. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
(a) Patrick was a demanding baby.
(b) Patrick was a lively child who got into things.
(c) Patrick was a quiet and shy baby.
(d) Patrick was the largest baby.
14. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
(b) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(c) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
(d) To live with her maiden aunt.
15. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(b) He realized he had no friends.
(c) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(d) He was going through a new phase in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is P.J.?
2. What does Michael do for what seems no apparent reason while at the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
3. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
4. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
5. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)