|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
(a) Because he liked to play with trains.
(b) No particular reason, it just sounded cute.
(c) Judd is the last child born to Corrine and Michael Mulvaney.
(d) Because the caboose was his favorite car on his train.
2. How does the family refer to the word rape?
(a) They never spoke about it, ever.
(b) As, "it".
(c) As, "The night the world changed".
(d) As, "You know what."
3. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
(a) The boy who raped her told her.
(b) Mother's intuition.
(c) Marianne told her.
(d) Doctor Oakley told her.
4. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(b) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(c) He realized he had no friends.
(d) He was going through a new phase in his life.
5. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
(a) Something that brothers do for one another.
(b) Something that only special friends do.
(c) Something he didn't want to do.
(d) A horrible thing.
6. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
(c) Twinkle lights.
(d) A light from Heaven.
7. What is said about Judd as a baby?
(a) Marianne helped take care of him.
(b) Judd was a perfectly adorable baby.
(c) Judd was devoted to his older siblings.
(d) All the answers are correct.
8. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(b) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
(c) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(d) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
9. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
(a) Mrs. Lundt decides to take a nap.
(b) Mrs. Lundt calls Corrine.
(c) Mrs. Lundt calls their lawyer.
(d) Mrs. Lundt calls the police.
10. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She insists she can't remember.
(c) She admits she was drinking.
(d) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
11. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
(a) Patrick loved hunting and the picture reminded him of the sport.
(b) The artwork was a modern style Patrick liked.
(c) It raised the question, will the huntsman really shoot the ram he's aiming his weapon at.
(d) Patrick collected art that depicted man against beast.
12. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
(a) High Point This and That.
(b) Chautauqua Valley Farm Antiques.
(c) High Point Antiques.
(d) Mt. Ephraim Antiques.
13. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) When she was taken from their home.
(b) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
(c) At her high school graduation the previous June.
(d) The past weekend when he visited her.
14. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Zachary Lundt.
(b) Mike Jr.
(d) Mick Jaggar.
15. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
(a) He wants an eye for an eye.
(b) Get even.
(c) Execute justice.
(d) Get sweet revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking all over the bus terminal for Marianne, where does Patrick find her?
2. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
3. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
4. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
5. What does Michael do for what seems no apparent reason while at the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)