|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
2. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her maiden aunt.
(b) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(c) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
(d) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
4. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
(a) She wants Feathers for her own.
(b) She doesn't like the bird being loose.
(c) She thinks birds spread germs.
(d) She doesn't think it should be in a cage.
5. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) Every heatbeat is past and gone.
(b) That he had a strong heartbeat.
(c) That he wanted to be a doctor someday.
(d) That he had a loud heartbeat.
6. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Zachary Lundt.
(b) Mick Jaggar.
(c) Mike Jr.
7. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
(a) Something he didn't want to do.
(b) Something that only special friends do.
(c) A horrible thing.
(d) Something that brothers do for one another.
8. What is "The Huntsman?"
(a) A woodcut picture Corrine purchased at auction that Patrick particularly liked.
(b) A picture Patrick painted in high school.
(c) A picture Patrick bid on and won at an auction.
(d) A picture Marianne painted for Patrick.
9. What is the question that might have been raised about Marianne's phone call for a ride home the day after the Valentine's Dance?
(a) Marianne was supposed to be home the night before.
(b) There was no question to be raised.
(c) Marianne was supposed to be driven home by someone else.
(d) Marianne was supposed to be picked up later.
10. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
(a) Marianne and her mother shopped for it together.
(b) Marianne sewed the dress herself.
(c) The dress is an altered dress that had once been Corrine's.
(d) Her mother suprised her with the dress.
11. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
(a) He thinks Patrick will change his mind.
(b) He's afraid Patrick won't do it right.
(c) None of the answers are correct.
(d) He's uncertain Patrick is strong enough to do it.
12. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(c) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
(d) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
13. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(b) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(c) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
(d) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
14. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
(a) Judd is the last child born to Corrine and Michael Mulvaney.
(b) Because he liked to play with trains.
(c) Because the caboose was his favorite car on his train.
(d) No particular reason, it just sounded cute.
15. Who is Jill James?
(a) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(b) Marianne's best friend.
(c) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(d) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marianne do when someone draws a nasty picture on the seat of her chair at school?
2. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
3. Why doesn't Patrick recognize Marianne when he finally sees her?
4. What does Patrick need Judd to do to help him follow through with his plan?
5. Where does Lydia Bethune say she has been seeing Marianne when she should have been in school?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)