|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
(a) High Point This and That.
(b) High Point Antiques.
(c) Mt. Ephraim Antiques.
(d) Chautauqua Valley Farm Antiques.
2. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(b) He realized he had no friends.
(c) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(d) He was going through a new phase in his life.
3. Where does Marianne work while she attends Kilburn College?
(a) She is interning for a local newspaper.
(b) The Green Isle Co-Op.
(c) She is a full time student and does not work.
(d) In her college cafeteria.
4. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is sneaky.
(b) He is a lonely boy.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is a dreamer.
5. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
6. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
(a) Mrs. Lundt calls Corrine.
(b) Mrs. Lundt calls the police.
(c) Mrs. Lundt calls their lawyer.
(d) Mrs. Lundt decides to take a nap.
7. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
(a) Mother's intuition.
(b) The boy who raped her told her.
(c) Marianne told her.
(d) Doctor Oakley told her.
8. What does Corrine think about her daughter after talking with Mrs. Bethune?
(a) She'd known something had been wrong but didn't want to investigate.
(b) She wondered if her daughter was sick.
(c) She hadn't a clue there was a problem with her daughter.
(d) She wondered if her daughter wanted to switch churches.
9. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(b) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
(c) A foreign exchange student.
(d) A friend from home named Jerry.
10. What is Corrine's nickname?
11. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(b) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(d) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
12. Where does most of the story take place?
(a) High Point Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
(b) High Point Farm, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(c) Five Point Road, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(d) Chautauqua Valley Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
13. Where does Michael Mulvaney Sr. go in the chapter titled "Dignity?"
(a) To work.
(b) To the store.
(c) To Ithaca to visit Patrick.
(d) Mt. Ephraim Country Club.
14. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) At first sight.
(b) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(c) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(d) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
15. What does Michael say about Corrine's appearance?
(a) She needed to have her hair cut and styled.
(b) She should buy some new clothes.
(c) She should wear some makeup.
(d) All the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
2. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
3. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
4. How old is Corrine in the story she tells about December 1938?
5. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)