|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Getting a will drawn up.
(b) Planning to divorce her.
(c) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
(d) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
2. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(b) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(d) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
3. What is said about Judd as a baby?
(a) Marianne helped take care of him.
(b) Judd was a perfectly adorable baby.
(c) All the answers are correct.
(d) Judd was devoted to his older siblings.
4. How old is Corrine in the story she tells about December 1938?
(d) She doesn't remember.
5. What does Patrick tell Judd when he asks why their father hates Marianne?
(a) Patrick says that their father doesn't hate her.
(b) Patrick says that their father is a drunk.
(c) Patrick says that nothing their father does makes sense.
(d) Patrick says their father feels guilty he didn't protect Marianne.
6. What is the name of the person Marianne is living with?
(a) Ethel Hausmann.
(b) Grandma Hausmann.
(c) Katrina Mulvaney.
(d) Ethel Mulaney.
7. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
(b) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(c) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(d) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
8. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
9. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That he had a loud heartbeat.
(b) That he had a strong heartbeat.
(c) That he wanted to be a doctor someday.
(d) Every heatbeat is past and gone.
10. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
(a) Get even.
(b) He wants an eye for an eye.
(c) Execute justice.
(d) Get sweet revenge.
11. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
(a) She suspects he will blame her.
(b) She decides not to tell him.
(c) She wishes he would never have to know.
(d) She fears his anger at the bad news.
12. In the chapter titled "Phase," what does Michael Sr. begin doing late at night?
(a) Going for long walks by himself.
(b) Having nightmares.
(c) Sleeping more soundly than usual.
(d) Smoking and drinking beer or whiskey.
13. Who is Muffin?
(a) A goat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
14. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Mike Jr.
(c) Mick Jaggar.
(d) Zachary Lundt.
15. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does most of the story take place?
2. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
3. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
4. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
5. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)