Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His soccer coach.
(c) His football coach.
(d) A farmer.
2. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(d) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
3. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
(a) She wants to join.
(b) It makes her uneasy, resentful, and angry.
(c) She loves going there.
(d) It is too rich for their blood.
4. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
(a) He runs away from home.
(b) He beats up his father.
(c) He joins the Marines.
(d) He goes looking for Marianne.
5. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
(b) Thirty-five, counting pets.
(c) Sixteen, plus farm animals.
(d) Six, not counting pets.
6. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
(b) Getting a will drawn up.
(c) Planning to divorce her.
(d) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
7. What do Marianne's parents give her on her sixteenth birthday that she now fears is broken?
(a) A lovely doll.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A beautiful watch.
(d) A crystal vase.
8. Why is Marianne disturbed about "Feathers", their bird?
(a) She wants Feathers for her own.
(b) She doesn't like the bird being loose.
(c) She thinks birds spread germs.
(d) She doesn't think it should be in a cage.
9. What happens when Michael sees Zachary Lundt?
(a) Michael pulls a knife and tries to stab Zachary.
(b) When Michael sees Zachary he is overcome with rage and attacks Zachary.
(c) Michael asks Zachary if he raped Marianne.
(d) Michael smiles and asks Zachary to talk to him.
10. Where does Marianne work while she attends Kilburn College?
(a) In her college cafeteria.
(b) She is interning for a local newspaper.
(c) She is a full time student and does not work.
(d) The Green Isle Co-Op.
11. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
(a) That the man who was once the center of attention was now treated like an invisible man.
(b) That his father doesn't want to talk to anyone.
(c) That his father looks so out of place among his friends.
(d) That the people treated his father with respect.
12. In the chapter titled "Phase," what does Michael Sr. begin doing late at night?
(a) Smoking and drinking beer or whiskey.
(b) Having nightmares.
(c) Sleeping more soundly than usual.
(d) Going for long walks by himself.
13. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is sneaky.
(c) He is a lonely boy.
(d) He is a dreamer.
14. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) When she was taken from their home.
(b) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
(c) The past weekend when he visited her.
(d) At her high school graduation the previous June.
15. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
(b) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
(c) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
(d) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
2. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
3. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
4. What is Corrine's nickname?
5. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)