|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judd feel about Patrick's plan?
(a) He's afraid Patrick won't do it right.
(b) He thinks Patrick will change his mind.
(c) He's uncertain Patrick is strong enough to do it.
(d) None of the answers are correct.
2. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As their enemy.
(b) As a lab specimen.
(c) As a spoiled brat.
(d) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
3. What does Judd say about setting down the truth of this story?
(a) The story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
(b) This is a work of pure fiction.
(c) Judd got some information first hand, and some from memory and conversations with family members.
(d) Most of the story is true, but he did fabricate some to make it interesting.
4. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
(a) "Stay with me forever."
(b) "Love me! I'm more than enough."
(c) "Marry me. I'll love you forever."
(d) "Let's elope."
5. What is meant by Pinch's laser-ray?
(a) The way Patrick squints because his left eye is so weak.
(b) The nasty look he gives before he gets angry.
(c) It is a joking term Judd uses for Patrick's glasses.
(d) It is a toy Patrick was given at Christmas a long time ago.
6. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
7. Who is Jill James?
(a) Marianne's best friend.
(b) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
(c) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(d) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
8. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is a dreamer.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He is a lonely boy.
(d) He is sneaky.
9. In the chapter titled "Phase," what does Michael Sr. begin doing late at night?
(a) Sleeping more soundly than usual.
(b) Going for long walks by himself.
(c) Smoking and drinking beer or whiskey.
(d) Having nightmares.
10. What does Patrick tell Judd when he asks why their father hates Marianne?
(a) Patrick says that nothing their father does makes sense.
(b) Patrick says that their father doesn't hate her.
(c) Patrick says that their father is a drunk.
(d) Patrick says their father feels guilty he didn't protect Marianne.
11. What is said about Judd as a baby?
(a) Judd was devoted to his older siblings.
(b) Judd was a perfectly adorable baby.
(c) Marianne helped take care of him.
(d) All the answers are correct.
12. Where does most of the story take place?
(a) Chautauqua Valley Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
(b) High Point Farm, Chautauqua, New York.
(c) High Point Farm, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
(d) Five Point Road, Mt. Ephraim, New York.
13. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She insists she can't remember.
(c) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(d) She admits she was drinking.
14. Who is Muffin?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bird.
15. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
(a) Get even.
(b) He wants an eye for an eye.
(c) Get sweet revenge.
(d) Execute justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
2. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
3. What is the name of Corrine Mulvaney's shop?
4. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Mike Jr. do after a fight with his father?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)