|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Mick Jaggar.
(b) Zachary Lundt.
(d) Mike Jr.
2. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) His soccer coach.
(b) His mother.
(c) A farmer.
(d) His football coach.
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," where does Corrine take Marianne?
(a) To live with her cousin in Salamanca, New York.
(b) To live with her cousin in Erie, Pennsylvania.
(c) To live with her grandmother in Salamanca, New York.
(d) To live with her maiden aunt.
4. Why is Della Rae considered a "dirty girl"?
(a) She has a foul mouth.
(b) She plays in the dirt.
(c) She likes to drink.
(d) She has poor hygiene and is promiscuous.
5. What is Corrine's nickname?
6. What does the woodcut make Patrick wonder about himself?
(a) Was he no different than any other human being?
(b) Would he ever be able to take a hunting trip to Canada?
(c) Was he coded, like other males, to hunt and kill?
(d) Why did the man in the picture look like him?
7. How does the family refer to the word rape?
(a) As, "You know what."
(b) They never spoke about it, ever.
(c) As, "The night the world changed".
(d) As, "it".
8. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
(a) Because the caboose was his favorite car on his train.
(b) Judd is the last child born to Corrine and Michael Mulvaney.
(c) No particular reason, it just sounded cute.
(d) Because he liked to play with trains.
9. What is the name of Marianne's horse?
10. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A friend from home named Jerry.
(b) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(c) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
(d) A foreign exchange student.
11. Why doesn't Patrick recognize Marianne when he finally sees her?
(a) She had dyed her hair.
(b) She looked like a boy.
(c) She was taller than he remembered.
(d) She had gained weight.
12. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(b) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(c) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
(d) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
13. Who does Corrine depend on to tell her when there are problems or "situations" with her children?
(b) Michael Sr.
(d) Michael Jr.
14. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
(a) As a spoiled brat.
(b) As a lab specimen.
(c) As their enemy.
(d) As a stupid kid who made a mistake.
15. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
(a) It is a good, decent, truth-telling paper.
(b) It is the only newspaper in town.
(c) It is the best newspaper in the county.
(d) It is a great place to get his start before moving on to a larger newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
2. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
3. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
4. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
5. Where does Patrick go in September 1976?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)