|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
(a) Abelove says that all Marianne needs is faith in herself.
(b) Abelove says he wants to marry Marianne.
(c) Abelove says Marianne is a very poor student.
(d) Abelove says he wants Marianne to quit college and work more at the Co-Op.
2. How old is Judd when Patrick makes his request?
3. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) He realized he had no friends.
(b) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(c) He was going through a new phase in his life.
(d) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
4. Where does Corrine learn her husband has been spending time?
(a) Scroon Lake.
(b) Wolf's Head Inn.
(c) The Country Club.
(d) Wolf's Head Lodge.
5. What does Marianne do when someone draws a nasty picture on the seat of her chair at school?
(a) She gets angry and scribbles over it.
(b) Nothing, she doesn't see it.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She runs out of the room in embarrasment.
6. How does Corrine say the country club discriminates against her family?
(a) They can't get in without dress clothing.
(b) She and Marianne cannot enter through the front door.
(c) They don't permit children in the dining room.
(d) They don't let them eat in the main dining room.
7. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
(a) She wishes he would never have to know.
(b) She suspects he will blame her.
(c) She decides not to tell him.
(d) She fears his anger at the bad news.
8. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
(a) He is a genious.
(b) He has an I.Q. of 151.
(c) He is a slow learner.
(d) He has a normal I.Q.
9. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) At first sight.
(b) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
(c) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(d) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
10. What is Judd thinking as he listens to his heartbeat?
(a) That he had a loud heartbeat.
(b) That he had a strong heartbeat.
(c) Every heatbeat is past and gone.
(d) That he wanted to be a doctor someday.
11. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
12. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(c) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
(d) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
13. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
(a) "Love me! I'm more than enough."
(b) "Let's elope."
(c) "Marry me. I'll love you forever."
(d) "Stay with me forever."
14. When do Corrine and Michael first meet?
15. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
(a) Preparing a defense for what he plans to do.
(b) Planning a cival lawsuit against Zachary Lundt.
(c) Getting a will drawn up.
(d) Planning to divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
2. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
3. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
4. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
5. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)