|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corrine find out that Marianne has been raped?
(a) Doctor Oakley told her.
(b) Mother's intuition.
(c) The boy who raped her told her.
(d) Marianne told her.
2. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
(a) Twinkle lights.
(c) A light from Heaven.
3. What is Corrine's nickname?
4. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
(a) Marianne sewed the dress herself.
(b) Marianne and her mother shopped for it together.
(c) The dress is an altered dress that had once been Corrine's.
(d) Her mother suprised her with the dress.
5. After looking all over the bus terminal for Marianne, where does Patrick find her?
(a) She showed up at his apartment.
(b) Coming ouf of the restroom.
(c) Outside the terminal.
(d) Sleeping on a bench.
6. What happens when Michael sees Zachary Lundt?
(a) When Michael sees Zachary he is overcome with rage and attacks Zachary.
(b) Michael pulls a knife and tries to stab Zachary.
(c) Michael asks Zachary if he raped Marianne.
(d) Michael smiles and asks Zachary to talk to him.
7. How many members of the Mulvaney family are there at the beginning of the story?
(b) Six, not counting pets.
(c) Sixteen, plus farm animals.
(d) Thirty-five, counting pets.
8. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
(b) He realized he had no friends.
(c) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(d) He was going through a new phase in his life.
9. Where does Marianne work while she attends Kilburn College?
(a) In her college cafeteria.
(b) She is a full time student and does not work.
(c) She is interning for a local newspaper.
(d) The Green Isle Co-Op.
10. Who is Muffin?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
11. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(c) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(d) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
12. Why is Della Rae considered a "dirty girl"?
(a) She plays in the dirt.
(b) She has a foul mouth.
(c) She likes to drink.
(d) She has poor hygiene and is promiscuous.
13. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
14. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is sneaky.
(b) He is a lonely boy.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is a dreamer.
15. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) His football coach.
(b) A farmer.
(c) His mother.
(d) His soccer coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
2. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
3. Why doesn't Patrick recognize Marianne when he finally sees her?
4. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
5. How old is Corrine in the story she tells about December 1938?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)