|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter, "Snow after Easter," when does it state is the last time Patrick has seen Marianne?
(a) When they all visited the family home at Christmas.
(b) At her high school graduation the previous June.
(c) When she was taken from their home.
(d) The past weekend when he visited her.
2. The night Patrick is out with his friends, who does Patrick think he sees?
(a) Mike Jr.
(b) Zachary Lundt.
(d) Mick Jaggar.
3. How does Corrine feel about the Mt. Ephraim Country Club?
(a) She wants to join.
(b) It makes her uneasy, resentful, and angry.
(c) She loves going there.
(d) It is too rich for their blood.
4. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A foreign exchange student.
(b) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
(c) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(d) A friend from home named Jerry.
5. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
(a) "Let's elope."
(b) "Marry me. I'll love you forever."
(c) "Love me! I'm more than enough."
(d) "Stay with me forever."
6. What is the name of the person Marianne is living with?
(a) Katrina Mulvaney.
(b) Ethel Mulaney.
(c) Grandma Hausmann.
(d) Ethel Hausmann.
7. Who is Jill James?
(a) Marianne's best friend.
(b) A friend of Corrine's from high school.
(c) The therapist Marianne is sent to see.
(d) Marianne's homeroom teacher.
8. How does the family refer to the word rape?
(a) As, "You know what."
(b) As, "The night the world changed".
(c) As, "it".
(d) They never spoke about it, ever.
9. Where does Patrick go in September 1976?
(a) Patrick joins the Navy.
(b) Patrick goes to Cornell University.
(c) Patricks goes hiking to find himself.
(d) Patrick goes to SUNY.
10. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
11. Who is Muffin?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
12. Why does Patrick suddenly try to change?
(a) His friends told him he was anti-social.
(b) He realized he had no friends.
(c) He was going through a new phase in his life.
(d) A girl he liked said he was "icy-cold."
13. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
(a) His old friends say hello and even strangers nod.
(b) A few men nod, but most people try to ignore him.
(c) One person pats him on the back and asks how Corrine is.
(d) The bartender tells him that he isn't welcome there anymore.
14. Who approaches Corrine at the post office?
(a) Mrs. Weidman.
(b) Lydia Bethune.
(d) Rev. Earkin.
15. What does the woodcut make Patrick wonder about himself?
(a) Was he no different than any other human being?
(b) Why did the man in the picture look like him?
(c) Would he ever be able to take a hunting trip to Canada?
(d) Was he coded, like other males, to hunt and kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
2. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
3. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
4. After looking all over the bus terminal for Marianne, where does Patrick find her?
5. What is significant about the dress Marianne wears to the Valentine's Dance?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)