|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
(a) She takes pride in unwrinkled clothes.
(b) It gives her something to do.
(c) It is a time she can meditate and pray.
(d) She doesn't like ironing at all.
2. What does Mrs. Lundt do from another part of the house?
(a) Mrs. Lundt decides to take a nap.
(b) Mrs. Lundt calls Corrine.
(c) Mrs. Lundt calls the police.
(d) Mrs. Lundt calls their lawyer.
3. Who is Muffin?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
4. What does Judd say about setting down the truth of this story?
(a) This is a work of pure fiction.
(b) Most of the story is true, but he did fabricate some to make it interesting.
(c) Judd got some information first hand, and some from memory and conversations with family members.
(d) The story is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
5. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
6. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She doesn't want to falsely accuse anyone.
(c) She insists she can't remember.
(d) She admits she was drinking.
7. To Judd, what does Patrick's request seem to be?
(a) A horrible thing.
(b) Something that brothers do for one another.
(c) Something he didn't want to do.
(d) Something that only special friends do.
8. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
(b) She starts crying.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
9. When does Michael realize he is in love with Corrine?
(a) At first sight.
(b) After swimming with Corrine in Schroon Lake.
(c) After going to a dance at Schroon Lake with Corrine.
(d) After helping Corrine rescue a goose.
10. What is "The Huntsman?"
(a) A picture Patrick painted in high school.
(b) A picture Marianne painted for Patrick.
(c) A woodcut picture Corrine purchased at auction that Patrick particularly liked.
(d) A picture Patrick bid on and won at an auction.
11. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(b) A foreign exchange student.
(c) A friend from home named Jerry.
(d) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
12. Why is Judd referred to as the caboose?
(a) Because he liked to play with trains.
(b) Because the caboose was his favorite car on his train.
(c) No particular reason, it just sounded cute.
(d) Judd is the last child born to Corrine and Michael Mulvaney.
13. After looking all over the bus terminal for Marianne, where does Patrick find her?
(a) Outside the terminal.
(b) She showed up at his apartment.
(c) Sleeping on a bench.
(d) Coming ouf of the restroom.
14. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
(a) Get sweet revenge.
(b) Execute justice.
(c) He wants an eye for an eye.
(d) Get even.
15. Who starts calling Mike Jr. "Mule"?
(a) A farmer.
(b) His football coach.
(c) His mother.
(d) His soccer coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Corrine in the story she tells about December 1938?
2. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
3. What does Patrick tell Judd when he asks why their father hates Marianne?
4. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
5. What is written about Patrick Mulvaney's intelligence?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)