Short Essay Questions Key
1. What does the title of the story imply in comparison to the title of the first chapter, "Storybook House?"
2. What is revealed about Judd as he watches the dogs rush into the pond as they chase the doe he had been watching?
3. As one reads about the Valentine's Dance and Marianne Mulvaney being the only junior elected to the King and Queen's court, what do we learn about her?
4. What role does Marianne's brother Patrick play the night of the Valentine's Dance that haunts him years after that night?
5. What is the family code discussed in the chapter by the same title, and in what way does Marianne break the code?
6. When entering a debate about the war in Vietnam, what is it that Corrine compares that war to, and why?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)