|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family refer to the word rape?
(a) As, "it".
(b) As, "You know what."
(c) As, "The night the world changed".
(d) They never spoke about it, ever.
2. What does Judd tell Patrick about their mother on Sunday mornings at church?
(a) It's like she breaks down every Sunday morning.
(b) It's like she gets her strength from church.
(c) It's like she's not really there, she just stares into space.
(d) It's like the pastor and his wife are her only friends.
3. Why does Patrick call the Lundts in March?
(a) To find out if Zachary would be home for Easter break.
(b) Gathering intelligence to use in court against them.
(c) To find out where Zachary was now.
(d) Just to play with the family like a cat plays with a mouse.
4. What does Whit West do for Muffin?
(a) He gives Muffin updated shots.
(b) Muffin's kidney's are failing and he takes him for dialysis in Pittsburgh.
(c) There is nothing he can do.
(d) He puts Muffin to sleep.
5. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
(b) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Marianne keep making about the night she was raped?
2. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
3. After Marianne arrives at the hospital, what does Judd tell her about their father?
4. What does Corrine find when she goes to pick up her husband after a late night call saying he couldn't drive home?
5. Who is Jill James?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)