|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judd refer to the area of town where he lives after leaving his parent's home?
(a) Busy urban center.
(b) Farm country.
(c) The slums.
(d) No-man's-land, south side of Marsena.
2. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what does Judd admit doing with his father's ashes?
(a) He dropped a penny in the box of ashes for good luck.
(b) He peeked at his father's ashes.
(c) He accidentally spilled the ashes.
(d) He didn't admit doing anything to the ashes.
3. What Charlotte Bronte words become a motto to Marianne?
(a) "Out of obscurity I came -- to obsurity I can easily return."
(b) "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
(c) "Hard work never killed anyone."
(d) "A rose by any other name would smell so sweet."
4. Where does Marianne work while she attends Kilburn College?
(a) In her college cafeteria.
(b) She is interning for a local newspaper.
(c) She is a full time student and does not work.
(d) The Green Isle Co-Op.
5. What does Abelove say that makes Marianne cry more?
(a) He says that if nothing makes her cry like she is, what might something do.
(b) He suggests she get a therapist.
(c) He depends on her to do her job and not waste time crying.
(d) He tells her he knows why she is crying and wants to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
2. Where does Patrick go in September 1976?
3. How does Patrick look upon Zachary Lundt?
4. What does Judd realize as he listens to his heartbeat?
5. Why does Marianne always volunteer to chop onions at the Co-Op?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)