|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abelove say about Marianne's relationship with the Co-Op?
(a) He wanted to put her in charge of looking for benefactors.
(b) He wanted her to be manager of the gardens.
(c) He wanted her to take charge of the kitchen.
(d) He wanted her to be an Associate Director.
2. What is Stump Creek Hill?
(a) All the answers are correct.
(b) A federal and state licensed zoo.
(c) A home for sick, injured, abandoned, and elderly animals.
(d) A veterinary clinic.
3. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
(b) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
(c) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
(d) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
4. What does Patrick mean by "Chance follows design"?
(a) You carefully plan something that looks like luck to an observer.
(b) First you design something then it's up to chance.
(c) No matter how you design something chance enters into it.
(d) Nothing is left to chance if it is carefully designed.
5. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
(a) If she allowed kindness she would have to reveal her past.
(b) If she allowed good things to happen it would work in reverse.
(c) Kindness is only a mask meant to hide evil intentions.
(d) If she accepts undeserved kindness worse things will happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marianne go after leaving the Co-Op?
2. When Patrick calls home in the chapter, "Reverse Prayer," what does he tell Judd he wants to do?
3. Where does Michael Mulvaney move after he leaves Corrine?
4. What does Patrick suddenly remember as he drives with Zachary?
5. What is written about Patrick as a baby?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)