|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Gone.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
(a) A friend from home named Jerry.
(b) A foreign exchange student.
(c) A fellow college student named Jerry.
(d) Another young man staying at Schroon Lake for the summer.
2. What warning does Marianne hear when people pay too much attention to her?
(a) If she allowed kindness she would have to reveal her past.
(b) If she allowed good things to happen it would work in reverse.
(c) Kindness is only a mask meant to hide evil intentions.
(d) If she accepts undeserved kindness worse things will happen.
3. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
(b) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
(c) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
(d) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
4. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
(a) He turns around and walks away.
(b) He watches as Zachary goes under and drowns.
(c) He laughs and tells him he's getting what he deserves.
(d) He suddenly changes his mind and pulls him out.
5. What does Abelove say that makes Marianne cry more?
(a) He depends on her to do her job and not waste time crying.
(b) He suggests she get a therapist.
(c) He tells her he knows why she is crying and wants to help.
(d) He says that if nothing makes her cry like she is, what might something do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael Sr. ask Mike about a white horse?
2. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
3. In the chapter titled, "Gone," what are the final words of the chapter about their father?
4. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
5. Who is P.J.?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)