|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Hard Reckoning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written about Mike Jr. as a baby?
(a) Mike Jr. was the smallest baby.
(b) Mike Jr. was a demanding baby.
(c) Mike Jr. was a lively child who got into things.
(d) Mike Jr. was a quiet and shy baby.
2. In the chapter, "The Assault," why does Michael Mulvaney go to Mort Lundt's house?
(a) He is angry because he believes Zachary, Mort's son, is the person who raped Marianne.
(b) Michael stops by there regularly to play cards with Mort.
(c) Mort is his good friend, and he wants to discuss what happened to Marianne with him.
(d) He is out driving and just ends up there.
3. What does one realize about Judd in the opening of the chapter, "Every Heartbeat?"
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is a dreamer.
(c) He is a lonely boy.
(d) He is sneaky.
4. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
(a) She starts crying.
(b) She grabs it back from Patrick and tells him to let her do it.
(c) She lets Patrick pick it up.
(d) She acts panicky, quickly refusing Patrick's help.
5. What is "The Huntsman?"
(a) A picture Marianne painted for Patrick.
(b) A picture Patrick bid on and won at an auction.
(c) A picture Patrick painted in high school.
(d) A woodcut picture Corrine purchased at auction that Patrick particularly liked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judd notice about his father and the people around them at Patrick's graduation?
2. How does Corrine feel about telling Michael about their daughter's rape?
3. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
4. How is Michael Sr. greeted when he enters the Yankee Doodle Tap Room?
5. Why does Judd finally leave home?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)