|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: Hard Reckoning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Marianne watch her grandmother's funeral?
(a) The choir loft where no one else was seated.
(b) Crouched behind a headstone in the cemetery.
(c) The last pew closest to the door so she could leave before anyone knew she was there.
(d) Outside the window of the church.
2. What does Judd say about the newspaper where he is editor?
(a) It is a good, decent, truth-telling paper.
(b) It is the only newspaper in town.
(c) It is the best newspaper in the county.
(d) It is a great place to get his start before moving on to a larger newspaper.
3. In the chapter "Plastica," what does Patrick tell Judd when he calls home?
(a) That he's started working in plastic art.
(b) That he's going to a rock concert.
(c) That he's going rock climbing.
(d) That he's joining the crowd and going out more.
4. How does the family refer to the word rape?
(a) They never spoke about it, ever.
(b) As, "it".
(c) As, "The night the world changed".
(d) As, "You know what."
5. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
(a) Scrub floors.
(b) Drum up business.
(c) Cook meals.
(d) Search for benefactors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What duty of Birk's does Marianne take over that makes a huge difference at the Co-Op?
2. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
3. What does Patrick do when Zachary begins sinking in the bog?
4. Why does Judd finally leave home?
5. Why is Patrick so enthralled by "The Huntsman"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)