|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: On My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Judd asks Patrick what happened to Marianne?
(a) Patrick refuses to discuss it.
(b) Patrick is visibly upset and storms away in anger.
(c) Patrick admits she's had some trouble, but that she is okay now.
(d) Patrick gets angry and tells Judd to mind his own business.
2. When Marianne awakens the morning after her grandmother's funeral, what happens?
(a) She wants to go for a long walk.
(b) She is called to Abelove's office.
(c) She feels wonderful.
(d) She feels sick.
3. Which of the Mulvaney children is said to be the most natural Christian?
4. When Corrine and Judd visit Marianne what does the Co-Op Director, Abelove, say that upsets Corrine?
(a) Abelove says he wants to marry Marianne.
(b) Abelove says Marianne is a very poor student.
(c) Abelove says he wants Marianne to quit college and work more at the Co-Op.
(d) Abelove says that all Marianne needs is faith in herself.
5. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
(c) Twinkle lights.
(d) A light from Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marianne like to do ironing?
2. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
3. What does Abelove have to swallow his pride to do for the Co-Op?
4. What does Corrine think Michael is doing when he talks to an attorney?
5. What happens when Marianne drops her garment bag?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)