|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hard Reckoning: On My Own.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If it is not time at High Point Farm, what is it?
2. What happens when Judd asks his mother if Marianne is sick?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Corrine seemed in a hurry to get away before being asked more questions.
(c) Corrine says Marianne just had the flu.
(d) Corrine says Marianne will be back at school soon.
3. What does Corrine say leads her mother and her to safety in the snow storm?
(a) Twinkle lights.
(c) A light from Heaven.
4. How does Marianne respond to Abelove's personal question?
(a) She said she had work to do.
(b) All the answers are correct.
(c) She told him she had to leave.
(d) She thanked him.
5. What does the ringing of the cowbell signify to the Mulvaney family?
(a) Ringing the cowbell signals a phone call for someone who isn't in the house.
(b) Ringing the cowbell means the parents want to talk to the children.
(c) Ringing the cowbell signals dinner.
(d) Ringing the cowbell signals an outing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Corrine almost engaged to before she meets Michael?
2. What is the question that might have been raised about Marianne's phone call for a ride home the day after the Valentine's Dance?
3. What words does Michael say at Schroon Lake that Corrine remembers twenty-four years later as she sits in Dr. Oakley's office?
4. How does the family refer to the word rape?
5. On the morning following her trip to the funeral, what does Abelove ask Marianne about Hewie?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)