Family Pictures: Storybook House | Family Pictures: The Doe
* The writer introduces the characters in the Mulvaney family.
* Judd Mulvaney, the youngest child, is the narrator of the novel.
* The Mulvaney family is a family admired by others.
Family Pictures: St. Valentine's 1976 | Family Pictures: Ringing the Cowbell
* Marianne Mulvaney, the lone daughter of the Mulvaneys, surprises her mother with a call for a ride home the morning after her high school Valentine's Dance.
* Her mother fails to notice a problem with that request, nor does she notice her daughter's unusual behavior.
* The middle brother, Patrick, is the one who is sent to pick up his sister and he, too, fails to notice anything wrong.
Family Pictures: Family Code | Family Pictures: Dirty Girl
* The family's habit of speaking to one another through their animals is broken by Marianne.
* The family thinks that is strange, but still doesn't pursue the issue...
This section contains 2,075 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)