|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 82, where did Cadence remember that Mirren wanted to go?
2. At the end of Chapter 59, what does Johnny say that his grandfather got drunk on night after night during summer 15?
3. At the end of Chapter 55, what does Cadence get Mirren?
4. In Chapter 69, who was to get the pearls?
5. In Chapter 53, who does Cadence give something to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 46, how are the days darker?
2. In Chapter 36, what brings back a memory of swinging with the Liars for Cadence?
3. Why do Mirren and Cadence have to hurry back to Cuddledown in Chapter 44?
4. In Chapter 72, what plan did the Liars come up with when everyone but they were off the island?
5. In Chapter 41, what do Cadence and her grandfather do together?
6. At the end of Chapter 87, what does Cadence say about herself?
7. In Chapter 69, what did Harris say about the Sinclairs and his daughters?
8. In Chapter 76, why is Cadence so upset?
9. Why does Gat say that they burned down Clairmont?
10. In Chapter 61, what does Harris talk about doing, and why is it a threat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harris tells his daughters that he is not proud of them and is not obligated to support them. Why does Harris say that he is not proud of his daughters? Are those his real feelings or his emotions speaking? What might be influencing him to say those things?
Essay Topic 2
Cadence writes a number of fairy tales. How do the tales seem to help Cadence work through the events of summer 15? What do the tales symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Sinclairs are tall and blond. Cadence changes the only part of herself that she can. She colors her hair. What reasons does Cadence give for coloring her hair? What part of the Sinclairs is she trying to distance herself from? How is dying her hair supposed to help her be someone different? Is it just a physical different she is trying to get rid of? Why does she want to be someone different?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)