|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 66, who did Gat and Cadence hear arguing during summer 15?
2. In Chapter 51, what are the Liars looking at in Mirren's bedroom?
3. In Chapter 49, who does Cadence learn paid for her trip to Europe?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 58, what does Cadence remember seeing?
5. In Chapter 54, what do Johnny, Gat, and Cadence do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 73, why does Cadence's mother say that no one talks to her about the fire?
2. In Chapter 50, why does Mirren tell Cadence that she lied?
3. What are the Liars doing when Cadence finds them in Chapter 43?
4. In Chapter 45, what do the Liars discover and what do they do there?
5. In Chapter 64, why does Gat say that Carrie said no when Ed asked her to marry him?
6. At the end of Chapter 87, what does Cadence say about herself?
7. What does Cadence do with the Liars in Chapter 54?
8. In Chapter 36, what brings back a memory of swinging with the Liars for Cadence?
9. In Chapter 59, how does Johnny describe family relationships at the end of Chapter 59?
10. In Chapter 55, what does Cadence remember and what questions does the memory make her ask?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sinclairs all have their own private ways of dealing with grief. What are the family grieving for? How is their grief for Tipper and for the cousins and Gat different? How do the various characters—Cadence, her aunts, her grandfather, and her younger cousins—deal with grief? Is the way that they are coping healthy or unhealthy?
Essay Topic 2
The Sinclairs tend to ignore pain and loss. Why do the Sinclairs ignore pain and loss? What are the consequences of ignoring the pain of loss?
Essay Topic 3
The Sinclair family was quarreling and drawing apart during summer 15. Why were the sisters and grandfather quarreling so frequently? What did Tipper’s death have to do with the quarrels? What did greed have to do with the quarrels? How did the conflicts divide the family?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)