|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 66, who did Gat and Cadence hear arguing during summer 15?
2. In Chapter 44, what does Mirren wear when she and Cadence go to Edgartown?
3. In Chapter 53, who does Cadence give something to?
4. In Chapter 52, who comes to see Cadence when she has a migraine?
5. In Chapter 46, how many books are on the list of greatest novels ever written that Gat is reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 72, what plan did the Liars come up with when everyone but they were off the island?
2. In Chapter 59, how does Johnny describe family relationships at the end of Chapter 59?
3. In Chapter 80, how does Cadence tell the truth about her family?
4. In Chapter 58, what does Cadence remember doing and what does she realize about New Clairmont?
5. In Chapter 73, why does Cadence's mother say that no one talks to her about the fire?
6. Why do Mirren and Cadence have to hurry back to Cuddledown in Chapter 44?
7. In Chapter 61, what does Harris talk about doing, and why is it a threat?
8. In Chapter 36, what brings back a memory of swinging with the Liars for Cadence?
9. What does Cadence do with the Liars in Chapter 54?
10. In Chapter 45, what do the Liars discover and what do they do there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cadence sees Johnny and Gat jump from some rocks, and she decides to do the same to show them how brave she is. Is Cadence brave when she jumps from the rocks? Was Cadence brave when she decided to burn down Clairmont? In what way are Cadence’s actions cowardly rather than brave?
Essay Topic 2
Harris does not like Ed or Gat because they are not white. How is Tipper’s racism revealed when Ed and Gat are first introduced? How does Harris treat Ed and Gat? How does racism influence Carrie not to marry Ed? How would you describe the way that Harris and Tipper are racist? Does racism persist even after the tragedy?
Essay Topic 3
Harris tells his daughters that he is not proud of them and is not obligated to support them. Why does Harris say that he is not proud of his daughters? Are those his real feelings or his emotions speaking? What might be influencing him to say those things?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)