|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 67, who had the math grades for Harvard?
2. In Chapter 79, what is the curse a witch put upon two boys and a girl?
3. In Chapter 69, when was there a lunch at Clairmont?
4. In Chapter 55, what does Cadence remember?
5. In Chapter 73, what is Penny crocheting?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 73, why does Cadence's mother say that no one talks to her about the fire?
2. In Chapter 59, how does Johnny describe family relationships at the end of Chapter 59?
3. Why do Mirren and Cadence have to hurry back to Cuddledown in Chapter 44?
4. In Chapter 47, why does Johnny say that he did not call or email after Cadence's accident?
5. In Chapter 46, how are the days darker?
6. At the end of Chapter 87, what does Cadence say about herself?
7. In Chapter 76, why is Cadence so upset?
8. In Chapter 45, what do the Liars discover and what do they do there?
9. In Chapter 41, what do Cadence and her grandfather do together?
10. In Chapter 82, what does Cadence decide she should have done two summers ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cadence, Johnny, Mirren, and Gat decided to burn down Clairmont. Why did they decide to burn down the house? What did the house symbolize to them? What problems did they think would be eliminated by burning down the house?
Essay Topic 2
Except for Chapter 80, the novel is written in first person. How does the use of first person influence the story? How does that point of view determine how readers view the story, Cadence, and other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The Sinclair family was quarreling and drawing apart during summer 15. Why were the sisters and grandfather quarreling so frequently? What did Tipper’s death have to do with the quarrels? What did greed have to do with the quarrels? How did the conflicts divide the family?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)