|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Cadence when her father ran off with another woman?
2. In Chapter 7, who made s'mores?
3. At the end of Chapter 34, where do Will and Taft go?
4. In Chapter 32, when does Gat suggest that he and Cadence try to start over in their relationship?
5. In Chapter 7, where did Gat say that he went on a volunteer trip the winter before?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what issues is Cadence having after her accident?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Cadence's father decide they should do together?
3. In Chapter 33, why does Cadence tell Gat that she is angry?
4. In Chapter 23, what is different about Clairmont?
5. In Chapter 29, who does Cadence see in the middle of the night?
6. In Chapter 4, who are the four liars?
7. In Chapter 38, what mottoes do Cadence, Mirren, Gat, and Johnny have?
8. In Chapter 12, what does Cadence say about her accident?
9. In Chapter 7, who is Gat's girlfriend?
10. In Chapter 35, what advice does Taft have for Cadence in Chapter 34?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sinclairs tend to ignore pain and loss. Why do the Sinclairs ignore pain and loss? What are the consequences of ignoring the pain of loss?
Essay Topic 2
Cadence writes a number of fairy tales. How do the tales seem to help Cadence work through the events of summer 15? What do the tales symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Cadence, Johnny, Mirren, and Gat decided to burn down Clairmont. Why did they decide to burn down the house? What did the house symbolize to them? What problems did they think would be eliminated by burning down the house?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)