|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where was Cadence taken when she was found shivering on the beach?
2. In Chapter 16, for what occasion does Cadence remember her dad giving her fairy-tale books?
3. At the end of Chapter 27, where is Cadence to be in an hour?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Cadence's mother display in the dining room?
5. What does Gat do at the end of Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cadence describe her Aunt Bess in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 27, how is Cadence's room at Windemere described?
3. In Chapter 14, how does Cadence describe her trip with her father?
4. In Chapter 1, how does Cadence describe the Sinclairs?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Cadence say about her accident?
6. In Chapter 39, why does Gat say that Cadence does not know him?
7. In Chapter 38, what mottoes do Cadence, Mirren, Gat, and Johnny have?
8. What is Cadence's room like in Chapter 21?
9. In Chapter 37, what does Cadence remember her aunts arguing about in Chapter 37?
10. In Chapter 36, how does Cadence say that she spent her time when her dad went to the Colosseum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. These are round characters. Other characters are just known by a few characteristics or actions. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Cadence writes a number of fairy tales. How do the tales seem to help Cadence work through the events of summer 15? What do the tales symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
The Sinclair family was quarreling and drawing apart during summer 15. Why were the sisters and grandfather quarreling so frequently? What did Tipper’s death have to do with the quarrels? What did greed have to do with the quarrels? How did the conflicts divide the family?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)