|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what type of dancer was Gat's girlfriend?
2. How are the Sinclairs described in Chapter 1?
(a) Athletic, tall, and handsome.
(b) Well-educated and kind.
(c) Intelligent and wise.
(d) Wealthy, slender, and good-looking.
3. In Chapter 17, what does Cadence start doing every day?
(a) Taking a hike.
(b) Reading a fairy tale.
(c) Cooking a meal.
(d) Giving something away.
4. In Chapter 6, what were Johnny and Mirren staging?
(a) Family badminton tournament.
(b) Family volleyball tournament.
(c) Family tennis tournament.
(d) Family soccer tournament.
5. What does Cadence's mother give her for breakfast in Chapter 30?
(a) Waffles and blackberries.
(b) Pancakes and blueberry syrup.
(c) Raspberry scones and bacon.
(d) Oatmeal and strawberries.
6. Where does Cadence live?
(c) Rhode Island.
7. In Chapter 16, in the story that Cadence tells, how much does the king's eldest daughter love him?
(a) As meat loves salt.
(b) With the strength of iron.
(c) As deep as the ocean.
(d) As much as all the treasure in the kingdom.
8. What type of dogs do Cadence and her mother have in Chapter 2?
(a) Golden retrievers.
(b) Black labradors.
(c) English sheepdogs.
(d) German shepherds.
9. In Chapter 24, who comes to the dock when Cadence, her mother, and Aunt Carrie pull in?
(a) The staff.
(b) Aunt Bess and Granddad.
(c) Will, Taft, Liberty, and Bonnie.
(d) Mirren, Johnny, and Gat.
10. In Chapter 37, how much is the Boston house worth?
(a) $5.5 million.
(b) $4 million.
(c) $5 million.
(d) $3.5 million.
11. In Chapter 8, in what religion was Gat's mother raised?
12. In Chapter 7, what was the name of Gat's New York girlfriend?
13. In Chapter 8, what time did Gat call Cadence's name?
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) After midnight.
(d) 1 a.m.
14. In Chapter 25, how long does Mirren say that she has been dating her boyfriend?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 7 months.
15. What time do Cadence and her family eat supper in Chapter 37?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Cadence send Mirren?
2. In Chapter 12, where was Cadence taken when she was found shivering on the beach?
3. In Chapter 35, what is Gat doing when Cadence goes to Cuddledown after lunch?
4. In Chapter 29, who does Cadence see out walking?
5. How old was Cadence when her father ran off with another woman?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)