Part 1 - Welcome: Chapters 1-5
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lockhart, E. We Were Liars. Delacorte Press, 2014. Hardcover.
• In Chapter 1, Cadence describes her family, the Sinclairs.
• She says that they are athletic, tall, and handsome.
• They are old-money Democrats.
• They spend summers on a private island off the coast of Massachusetts.
• In Chapter 2, Cadence Sinclair Eastman tells how she has changed since her accident.
• She used to be blond, but now her hair is black.
• She was strong, but now she is weak.
• She once was pretty, but now she looks sick.
• Since her accident she suffers from migraines.
• Cadence says that her story starts in June the summer she was 15.
• Her father was a history professor, and she loved him.
• Even though he did not like dogs or the Sinclairs, he put up with them because he loved Cadence...
This section contains 7,137 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)