|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira learn about Galina the night she visits Kira's apartment?
2. Why does Vasili say he always wanted a son?
3. Leo says that life is easier when ________.
4. Why does Kira find it hard to be in the same room with Leo?
5. What does Andrei ask Kira when he gives her a nightgown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pavel show disrespect for people when he returns from lunch with Morozov?
2. How does Kira respond to Andrei's investigation of the food store?
3. What is the food store?
4. Why does Leo refer to himself as a "gigolo"?
5. How is Kira's influence over Andrei shown during the report on the agrarian situation?
6. How do Leo's partners in the food store feel about him?
7. How does Kira put Andrei's life in danger by sharing a secret?
8. What happens to Kira at the House of Peasants that worries her?
9. How does Andrei treat Kira in Part Two, Chapters 1 - 4?
10. What makes Vasili connect with Glieb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Leo and Andrei as suitors for Kira. Consider them in terms of: emotions, actions, position in society, opinion, and relationships with others. Who do you think is best for Kira, and why?
Essay Topic 2
As "We the Living" progresses, Communism's ideals are slowly dissolved and the Party is proven to be quite corrupt. Give three examples of how this transformation occurs from beginning to end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does Andrei change during "We the Living"? Comment on his ideals, personality, emotions, etc. Please describe the events or people that contribute to Andrei's changes as well.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)