|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira feel about the food store?
(a) She has no opinion.
(b) She says he'd be smart to take part in it.
(c) She says Leo is putting his life on the line.
(d) She says she isn't sure how she feels yet.
2. Who does Irina say is trying to be "broadminded" when it comes to Victor's political choices?
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
3. Why is Leo likely to be the only one to stand trial after the investigation in the food store?
(a) Because it is registered in his name.
(b) Because Andrei wanted it that way.
(c) Because he doesn't have any good connections.
(d) Because Pavel is bringing him to trial.
4. Who does Andrei say his gifts are for?
(a) Kira's family.
(c) His mother.
5. What does Kira do during Leo's absence?
(a) She starts a business.
(b) She stays home alone.
(c) She finds a new job.
(d) She lives with Andrei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira point out about her presence in Andrei's life?
2. Who says they have nothing for a future?
3. What does Kira tell Andrei after Leo's arrest?
4. Who does Kira meet that is against the Communist Party?
5. Leo says that life is easier when ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kira at the House of Peasants that worries her?
2. What makes Leo's illness particularly frightening for Kira?
3. How does Kira and Andrei's relationship change the night he confesses why he had to stop seeing her?
4. How do Leo's partners in the food store feel about him?
5. Why does Leo refer to himself as a "gigolo"?
6. How is Kira's influence over Andrei shown during the report on the agrarian situation?
7. Why does Andrei say Kira cannot return his love?
8. How does Pavel show disrespect for people when he returns from lunch with Morozov?
9. What does Kira reveal to Andrei about the night he said he loved her?
10. Why has Stepan lost faith in the revolution/Communism?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)