|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "hard legacy" Stepan leaves Andrei?
(a) A letter of expulsion from the Communist Party.
(b) A small amount of money.
(c) His uniform.
(d) Pavel's note.
2. What do the doctors tell Leo?
(a) That he has tuberculosis.
(b) That his bones are weak.
(c) That he needs to go north.
(d) That he has two years to live.
3. Who ends up finding Pavel's note?
4. Why does Andrei tell Kira he had to stop seeing her?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because he disagrees with her politically.
(c) Because she's too expensive to date.
(d) Because he has a girlfriend.
5. Who does Irina say is trying to be "broadminded" when it comes to Victor's political choices?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kira at the Institute?
2. Why does Andrei give Kira money?
3. Who does Andrei say his gifts are for?
4. What does Andrei ask Kira when he gives her a nightgown?
5. What does Kira point out about her presence in Andrei's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Stepan and Karp at a club?
2. Why do students have to fill out questionnaires?
3. Why does Victor feel that he cannot get ahead in the Communist Party?
4. What is the food store?
5. What does Kira reveal to Andrei about the night he said he loved her?
6. How does Pavel show disrespect for people when he returns from lunch with Morozov?
7. Why does Andrei say Kira cannot return his love?
8. What happens with the wedding present Leo bought for Victor?
9. What happens when Kira watches a building under construction?
10. What happens to Karp and Pavel in regards to the food store investigation?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)