|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leo feel about Tonia?
(a) He feels she is useless to him.
(b) He feels she has good connections.
(c) He says he needs to meet her more than once to know how he feels.
(d) He feels jealous.
2. Who tells Leo about their idea for a food store?
3. Why is Kira late coming home from work the day Vava was in Leo's room?
(a) She got robbed.
(b) She stayed late at work.
(c) She is with Andrei.
(d) She wanted to avoid Leo.
4. What do the doctors tell Leo?
(a) That he has two years to live.
(b) That his bones are weak.
(c) That he has tuberculosis.
(d) That he needs to go north.
5. Why does Andrei tell Kira he had to stop seeing her?
(a) Because he disagrees with her politically.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he has a girlfriend.
(d) Because she's too expensive to date.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Leo at the sanatorium?
2. What does Kira do during Leo's absence?
3. What is Tonia's relationship to Leo as of Chapter 13?
4. Who is education "for" in the USSR?
5. Who joins the Communist Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Stepan lost faith in the revolution/Communism?
2. Why does Leo refer to himself as a "gigolo"?
3. What is the food store?
4. How is Kira's influence over Andrei shown during the report on the agrarian situation?
5. What happens between Stepan and Karp at a club?
6. How does Kira and Andrei's relationship change the night he confesses why he had to stop seeing her?
7. How does Kira put Andrei's life in danger by sharing a secret?
8. What does Kira reveal to Andrei about the night he said he loved her?
9. How does Pavel show disrespect for people when he returns from lunch with Morozov?
10. What happens with the wedding present Leo bought for Victor?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)