|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins the Communist Party?
2. Who says they have nothing for a future?
3. What is Tonia's relationship to Leo as of Chapter 13?
(a) She is a long lost relative.
(b) She is trying to take him as a lover.
(c) She is a partner in the food store.
(d) She is an ex-girlfriend.
4. What does Kira do during Leo's absence?
(a) She stays home alone.
(b) She finds a new job.
(c) She starts a business.
(d) She lives with Andrei.
5. How does Tonia describe her relationship with the food store?
(a) She says she knows nothing of it.
(b) She says she helped fund the store.
(c) She says she is a full partner.
(d) She says she owns her own food store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told that they don't have many friends left in the Communist Party?
2. What happens to Kira at the Institute?
3. Leo says that life is easier when ________.
4. What is the "hard legacy" Stepan leaves Andrei?
5. Why is Kira late coming home from work the day Vava was in Leo's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kira reveal to Andrei about the night he said he loved her?
2. Why do students have to fill out questionnaires?
3. What happens between Stepan and Karp at a club?
4. What steps does Kira take to try to send Leo to a sanatorium?
5. How does Kira respond to Andrei's investigation of the food store?
6. Why does Andrei say Kira cannot return his love?
7. Why does Victor feel that he cannot get ahead in the Communist Party?
8. Why does Leo refer to himself as a "gigolo"?
9. What happens when Kira watches a building under construction?
10. What is the food store?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)