|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He says he will help her.
(b) He calls her smart.
(c) He says that women are needed in other areas.
(d) He ignores her.
2. In Kira's youth she...
(a) Did not finish her education.
(b) Was not educated.
(c) Ran away from school.
(d) Had a good education.
3. Who does Kira go to the ballet with?
4. How do the Argounovas and Petrovnas spend their time?
(a) Trying to make money.
(b) Catching up and sharing news.
(c) Planning a joint business venture.
(d) Planning a revolution.
5. Why does Leo get fired from his teaching job?
(a) He refuses to work for free.
(b) He does not know what he is teaching.
(c) He does not show up on time.
(d) He teaches anti-Communist lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vasili and Alexander similar before the revolution?
2. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
3. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
4. How do Vasili and Alexander feel about the Communist Party?
5. What does Sonia tell Kira how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
2. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
3. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
4. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
5. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
6. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
7. What does Kira forget to do because she is too busy thinking about Leo?
8. What do the men who shovel snow reveal about Communism?
9. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
10. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)