|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not paid for their labor?
(a) The men who shovel snow.
(b) The men who work as guards.
(c) The Communist officers.
2. Kira's sister feels that Kira...
(a) Is manipulative.
(b) Always gets her way.
(c) Gives up easily.
(d) Is the favorite.
3. Who calls Kira to the office of the Communist Cell for questioning?
4. What happens to Alexander's business?
(a) It makes enough money to survive.
(b) It makes only a little money.
(c) It fails.
(d) He has to put it on "hold".
5. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) That it's like they never left.
(c) That they may have been better to not return.
(d) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns a factory before the revolution?
2. What happens when Kira meets Leo for the second time?
3. Who tells Marisha about the available room in Kira and Leo's apartment?
4. What business does Alexander begin?
5. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
2. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
3. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
4. Why does Kira think that returning to Petrograd is the start of something wonderful?
5. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
6. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
7. What do the men who shovel snow reveal about Communism?
8. How are Sonia and Kira different?
9. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
10. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)