|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Become an engineer.
(b) Go to art school.
(c) Become a dancer.
(d) Kira hasn't decided yet.
2. Who owns a factory before the revolution?
(c) Distant relatives of Kira.
3. Where does Leo end up working after he starts going to the University?
(a) At the Technological Institute.
(b) At the university.
(c) For the Communists.
(d) At the state's publishing company.
4. When Kira and Leo discuss their future, what do they talk about?
(b) Getting married.
(c) Engineering degrees.
5. Who tells Kira to "get her claws" into Leo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kira describe the way she responds to the feelings she has had throughout her life?
2. What happens to Alexander's business?
3. What has Vasili been doing with his possessions?
4. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
5. What does Sonia tell Kira how to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
2. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
3. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
4. How might Kira's family feel in the first three chapters?
5. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
6. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
7. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
8. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
9. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
10. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)