|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira's family pack for resale to earn money?
(a) Scrap lumber.
(b) Saccharine tablets and crystals.
2. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
3. Where does Kira go to work?
(a) The Technological Institute.
(c) She teaches with Galina.
(d) House of the Peasant.
4. How does Lydia respond when Andrei asks her to play the piano?
(a) She plays the song for him again.
(b) She tells him she wants him to play.
(c) She tells him no.
(d) She says she is tired.
5. Why does Victor visit his family often?
(a) He is looking for food.
(b) He is interested in Kira.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He needs money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
2. What does Kira enroll as when she fills out her labor card?
3. Why can't Leo find a job?
4. What happens when Kira meets Leo for the second time?
5. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira think that returning to Petrograd is the start of something wonderful?
2. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
3. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
4. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
5. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
6. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
7. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
8. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
9. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
10. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)