|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he will help her.
(c) He says that women are needed in other areas.
(d) He calls her smart.
2. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
(d) The United States.
3. In Kira's youth she...
(a) Did not finish her education.
(b) Ran away from school.
(c) Had a good education.
(d) Was not educated.
4. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
5. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leo get fired from his teaching job?
2. Why does Lydia tell Kira that wicked women like her should not be allowed to live?
3. Who is Andrei?
4. Who says they cannot take on the duties of the G.P.U. again?
5. Who asks a clerk for an extra week's ration card?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrei burn his belongings?
2. What happens between Stepan and Karp at a club?
3. How are Sonia and Kira different?
4. What does Kira think when she is at Andrei's grave?
5. What happens with the wedding present Leo bought for Victor?
6. How does Kira put Andrei's life in danger by sharing a secret?
7. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
8. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
9. What happens when Kira watches a building under construction?
10. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)