|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira's father get the apartment?
(a) He finds money.
(b) A bribe.
(c) The landlord is a cousin.
(d) He pleads.
2. What does Leo tell Stepan?
(a) That he is hungry.
(b) That he is sorry.
(c) That he will sign any confession.
(d) That he was traveling alone.
3. What happens to Russia?
(a) It becomes the USSR.
(b) It gains power over Europe.
(c) Lenin dies.
(d) It dissolves.
4. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
5. What does Galina ask Kira for?
(d) A place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Kira worship?
2. Where does Kira's family stay in the city?
3. What happens to Alexander's business?
4. Why do people leave Vava's in groups?
5. Who interrupts Leo and Kira's trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
2. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
3. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
4. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
5. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
6. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
7. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
8. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
9. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
10. Why does Kira think that returning to Petrograd is the start of something wonderful?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)