|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira consider her time with Leo to be?
2. What does Leo tell Stepan?
(a) That he will sign any confession.
(b) That he is hungry.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he was traveling alone.
3. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He says that women are needed in other areas.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He calls her smart.
(d) He says he will help her.
4. Who is Andrei?
(a) A member of the G.P.U.
(b) An anti-communist speaker.
(c) An elected official.
(d) A friend of Leo's.
5. How do Vasili and Alexander feel about the Communist Party?
(a) They are reluctant to join it.
(b) They wish they had started it.
(c) They are excited to join it.
(d) They admit they don't know much about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Kira and Leo discuss their future, what do they talk about?
2. How does Lydia respond when Andrei asks her to play the piano?
3. How does Kira try to have Marisha thrown out of the apartment?
4. Who does Kira try to visit, but is refused?
5. Why can't Leo find a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
2. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
3. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
4. How might Kira's family feel in the first three chapters?
5. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
6. What do the men who shovel snow reveal about Communism?
7. How are Sonia and Kira different?
8. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
9. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
10. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)