|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party is in command of Russia?
(a) The Revolutionaries.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The sides are still at war.
(d) The White Party.
2. Where does Leo end up working after he starts going to the University?
(a) At the university.
(b) At the state's publishing company.
(c) At the Technological Institute.
(d) For the Communists.
3. Who tells Kira that he trusts her, although he doesn't know why?
4. How does Galina react to the new apartment?
(a) She does not like the color.
(b) She says she feels overwhelmed.
(c) She is surprisingly pleased with it.
(d) She says it can be made into a home.
5. Who owns a factory before the revolution?
(c) Distant relatives of Kira.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo tell Stepan?
2. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
3. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
4. What happens at the rally Kira attends?
5. How does Vasili feel about the revolution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
2. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
3. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
4. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
5. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
6. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
7. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
8. What is dishonest about the method that Galina and Kira's family use for packing saccharine tablets and crystals for resale?
9. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
10. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)