|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vasili feel about the revolution?
(a) He thinks that the revolution will provide him with new business opportunities.
(b) He is planning on leaving the country.
(c) He feels that the revolution was a good thing.
(d) He believes things will return to how they were before the revolution.
2. How do the Argounovas and Petrovnas spend their time?
(a) Planning a joint business venture.
(b) Trying to make money.
(c) Planning a revolution.
(d) Catching up and sharing news.
3. What has Vasili been doing with his possessions?
(a) Selling them.
(b) Hiding them.
(c) Giving them to other people.
(d) Burning them.
4. What business does Alexander begin?
(a) Textile factory.
(c) Pig processing.
(d) Soap making.
5. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Become a dancer.
(b) Kira hasn't decided yet.
(c) Go to art school.
(d) Become an engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
2. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
3. Why do people leave Vava's in groups?
4. Whose illness becomes worse in the spring?
5. Why does Leo get fired from his teaching job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
2. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
3. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
4. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
5. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
6. In what ways does Kira fail to follow the dictates of society?
7. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
8. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
9. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
10. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)