|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kira try to have Marisha thrown out of the apartment?
(a) Kira asks Leo to put her stuff on the street.
(b) Kira hides her Communist Union of Youth card.
(c) Kira gives money to the Upravdom.
(d) Kira tricks Marisha.
2. What does Andrei ask Kira after meeting her at the rally?
(a) He asks her to leave him alone.
(b) He asks her to the opera.
(c) He asks her out for coffee.
(d) He asks her to stop talking about Communism.
3. What job does Galina take?
(a) Teaching children Russian.
(b) Sewing in a factory.
(c) Translating texts.
(d) Teaching children to sew.
4. What happens to Lenin in the spring of 1923?
(a) He loses power.
(b) He gets re-elected.
(c) He dies.
(d) He has a stroke.
5. Who does Kira try to visit, but is refused?
(a) Her parents.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kira's family stay in the city?
2. Who is not paid for their labor?
3. Who says they cannot take on the duties of the G.P.U. again?
4. Maria and Vasili's family can best be described as ______?
5. Where do Kira and Lydia go together with Andrei?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
2. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
3. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
4. How does Kira respond to Andrei's investigation of the food store?
5. What steps does Kira take to try to send Leo to a sanatorium?
6. How does Kira feel toward Victor and his advances?
7. What makes Vasili connect with Glieb?
8. Why does Victor feel that he cannot get ahead in the Communist Party?
9. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
10. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)