|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Russia?
(a) It dissolves.
(b) Lenin dies.
(c) It gains power over Europe.
(d) It becomes the USSR.
2. Who asks a clerk for an extra week's ration card?
3. Who says they cannot take on the duties of the G.P.U. again?
4. What does Sonia tell Kira how to do?
5. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) That it's like they never left.
(c) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
(d) That they may have been better to not return.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kira's father get the apartment?
2. What does Kira's family pack for resale to earn money?
3. How does Vasili feel about the revolution?
4. Why does Lydia tell Kira that wicked women like her should not be allowed to live?
5. Where does Kira go to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
2. How does Kira feel toward Victor and his advances?
3. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
4. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
5. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
6. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
7. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
8. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
9. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
10. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)