|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Vasili been doing with his possessions?
(a) Hiding them.
(b) Giving them to other people.
(c) Burning them.
(d) Selling them.
2. Where do Kira and Lydia go together with Andrei?
(a) The railway station.
(b) A party.
(c) To get rations.
(d) To Kira and Leo's apartment.
3. Why can't Leo find a job?
(a) Because he is not a member of a trade union.
(b) Because he is not looking for one.
(c) Because he did not finish school.
(d) Because he was fired from his last job.
4. Who tells Kira to "get her claws" into Leo?
5. What does Andrei ask Kira after meeting her at the rally?
(a) He asks her out for coffee.
(b) He asks her to stop talking about Communism.
(c) He asks her to leave him alone.
(d) He asks her to the opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
2. Who calls Kira to the office of the Communist Cell for questioning?
3. In Kira's youth she...
4. Why do Kira and her family flee?
5. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do students have to fill out questionnaires?
2. Why does Leo refer to himself as a "gigolo"?
3. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
4. What events happen after Kira escapes?
5. What happens when Kira watches a building under construction?
6. How does Kira respond to Andrei's investigation of the food store?
7. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
8. How does Kira feel toward Victor and his advances?
9. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
10. What happens to Karp and Pavel in regards to the food store investigation?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)