|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Kira's youth she...
(a) Had a good education.
(b) Was not educated.
(c) Did not finish her education.
(d) Ran away from school.
2. Who does Kira go to the ballet with?
3. Why does Galina return to their old home?
(a) To spy on the people living there.
(b) To steal their possessions back.
(c) To confront the people living there.
(d) To ask for their furniture.
4. What job does Galina take?
(a) Sewing in a factory.
(b) Teaching children to sew.
(c) Teaching children Russian.
(d) Translating texts.
5. How does Kira try to have Marisha thrown out of the apartment?
(a) Kira tricks Marisha.
(b) Kira gives money to the Upravdom.
(c) Kira asks Leo to put her stuff on the street.
(d) Kira hides her Communist Union of Youth card.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kira's family surviving financially?
2. Who does Kira try to visit, but is refused?
3. Why does Victor visit his family often?
4. Kira's sister feels that Kira...
5. Who tells Kira that he trusts her, although he doesn't know why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the wedding present Leo bought for Victor?
2. Why has Stepan lost faith in the revolution/Communism?
3. What is the food store?
4. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
5. How are Sonia and Kira different?
6. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
7. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
8. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
9. How does Andrei get Pavel to help him with Leo's release?
10. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)