|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
(b) The United States.
2. Why do Kira and her family flee?
(a) Lack of jobs.
3. Who does Kira try to visit, but is refused?
(b) Her cousin.
(d) Her parents.
4. What does Sonia tell Kira how to do?
5. Why do people leave Vava's in groups?
(a) Because they might get lost.
(b) Because the streets were not safe.
(c) Because Vava forced them.
(d) Because they were great friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the return of her piano?
2. What does Vava ask the guests to bring?
3. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
4. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
5. What job does Galina take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
2. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
3. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
4. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
5. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
6. How are Sonia and Kira different?
7. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
8. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
9. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
10. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)