|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Kira is "selfish" and "anti-social"?
2. What does Kira send home to her family in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A letter.
(b) New clothes.
(d) A loaf of bread.
3. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
(d) A song.
4. What business does Alexander begin?
(a) Textile factory.
(c) Pig processing.
(d) Soap making.
5. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Become an engineer.
(b) Go to art school.
(c) Kira hasn't decided yet.
(d) Become a dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kira pretend to be a prostitute?
2. What happens when Kira meets Leo for the second time?
3. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
4. How does Lydia react to the return of her piano?
5. What scares Kira away from buying food on the black market?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
2. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
3. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
4. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
5. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
6. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
7. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
8. How are Sonia and Kira different?
9. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
10. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)