|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira send home to her family in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A letter.
(d) New clothes.
2. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
3. What does Kira's family pack for resale to earn money?
(c) Saccharine tablets and crystals.
(d) Scrap lumber.
4. Why does Kira not pick up her student rations one night?
(a) She has no way to pick them up.
(b) She is angry with her family.
(c) Someone else took her ration.
(d) She is busy thinking of Leo.
5. Why does Galina return to their old home?
(a) To confront the people living there.
(b) To steal their possessions back.
(c) To ask for their furniture.
(d) To spy on the people living there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
2. Where do Leo and Kira often escape?
3. Where does Kira go to work?
4. What feeling does Kira worship?
5. Why does Kira stay away from her and Leo's garden meeting place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
2. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
3. How does Kira feel toward Victor and his advances?
4. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
5. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
6. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
7. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
8. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
9. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
10. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)