|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo not allowed to see Kira do?
(c) Get dressed.
2. Where do Leo and Kira often escape?
(a) Leo's father's apartment.
(b) The country.
3. What does Kira enroll as when she fills out her labor card?
(a) A student.
(b) A laborer.
(c) An engineer.
(d) A visitor.
4. Why can't Leo find a job?
(a) Because he was fired from his last job.
(b) Because he did not finish school.
(c) Because he is not a member of a trade union.
(d) Because he is not looking for one.
5. Who does Kira go to the ballet with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Kira's family surviving financially?
2. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
3. How old is Kira?
4. Why does Kira stay away from her and Leo's garden meeting place?
5. What does Kira's family pack for resale to earn money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
2. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
3. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
4. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
5. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
6. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
7. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
8. What is dishonest about the method that Galina and Kira's family use for packing saccharine tablets and crystals for resale?
9. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
10. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)