|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vasili feel about the revolution?
(a) He feels that the revolution was a good thing.
(b) He is planning on leaving the country.
(c) He believes things will return to how they were before the revolution.
(d) He thinks that the revolution will provide him with new business opportunities.
2. Kira's sister feels that Kira...
(a) Gives up easily.
(b) Always gets her way.
(c) Is manipulative.
(d) Is the favorite.
3. Who is Andrei?
(a) A friend of Leo's.
(b) An elected official.
(c) A member of the G.P.U.
(d) An anti-communist speaker.
4. Why do people leave Vava's in groups?
(a) Because the streets were not safe.
(b) Because Vava forced them.
(c) Because they were great friends.
(d) Because they might get lost.
5. Whose illness becomes worse in the spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Kira that he trusts her, although he doesn't know why?
2. Why does Victor visit his family often?
3. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
4. What happens to Lenin in the spring of 1923?
5. Who does Kira try to visit, but is refused?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
2. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
3. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
4. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
5. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
6. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
7. What is Kira's work environment like at the House of the Peasant?
8. How are Sonia and Kira different?
9. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
10. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)