|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
2. What does Leo tell Stepan?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he will sign any confession.
(c) That he is hungry.
(d) That he was traveling alone.
3. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) Lydia's piano.
(d) Galina's jewlery.
4. Who tells Kira to "get her claws" into Leo?
5. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) That it's like they never left.
(c) That they may have been better to not return.
(d) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the rally Kira attends?
2. How does Kira's family react to Andrei?
3. What does Sonia tell Kira how to do?
4. How do the Argounovas and Petrovnas spend their time?
5. Kira's sister feels that Kira...
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kira fear for Leo's safety after their second meeting?
2. What do the men who shovel snow reveal about Communism?
3. What does Kira forget to do because she is too busy thinking about Leo?
4. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
5. How does Stepan help Leo and Kira after he barges into their cabin?
6. What happens when Alexander closes his textile shop?
7. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
8. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
9. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
10. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)