Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kira?
2. Why does Kira not pick up her student rations one night?
(a) She has no way to pick them up.
(b) Someone else took her ration.
(c) She is busy thinking of Leo.
(d) She is angry with her family.
3. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) Lydia's piano.
(c) Galina's jewlery.
4. Who is Leo's father?
(a) A count.
(b) A thief.
(c) An admiral.
(d) A minister.
5. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(a) Father and daughter.
(b) Brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "easier to get one--than two--out of the G.P.U."?
2. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
3. Who owns a factory before the revolution?
4. What is the apartment Kira's family moves into like?
5. What is Leo not allowed to see Kira do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor feel that he cannot get ahead in the Communist Party?
2. How do Leo's partners in the food store feel about him?
3. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
4. What happens when Kira watches a building under construction?
5. What is contradictory about Kira declaring her devotion to Leo?
6. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
7. How does Pavel show disrespect for people when he returns from lunch with Morozov?
8. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
9. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
10. What makes Vasili connect with Glieb?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)