|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leo not allowed to see Kira do?
(c) Get dressed.
2. Who else is traveling the same way Kira and Leo are?
(c) No one else is traveling with them.
(d) Leo's family.
3. Why do Kira and her family flee?
(a) Lack of jobs.
4. In Kira's youth she...
(a) Had a good education.
(b) Was not educated.
(c) Ran away from school.
(d) Did not finish her education.
5. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) That it's like they never left.
(d) That they may have been better to not return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party is in command of Russia?
2. Where do Kira and Lydia go together with Andrei?
3. Who interrupts Leo and Kira's trip?
4. Where does the black market form?
5. What is the apartment Kira's family moves into like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
2. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
3. What is interesting about Kira and Andrei's relationship?
4. How might Kira's family feel in the first three chapters?
5. Why does Kira's sister say that Kira always gets her way?
6. Why does Kira think that returning to Petrograd is the start of something wonderful?
7. What does Kira realize, after becoming more comfortable with her living conditions, about Communism?
8. Why does Kira have Andrei drop her off near her parents' apartment?
9. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
10. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)