|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scares Kira away from buying food on the black market?
(a) A man with a gun hidden in his jacket.
(b) Leo's scolding words.
(c) A group of soldiers who were following her.
(d) Seeing an old woman being revealed and arrested.
2. Where does Kira's family stay in the city?
(a) With Kira's aunt.
(b) At their old house.
(c) With Kira's older brother.
(d) At a boarding house.
3. Why can't Leo find a job?
(a) Because he is not looking for one.
(b) Because he was fired from his last job.
(c) Because he is not a member of a trade union.
(d) Because he did not finish school.
4. What does Kira consider her time with Leo to be?
5. What political party is in command of Russia?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Revolutionaries.
(c) The White Party.
(d) The sides are still at war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kira try to have Marisha thrown out of the apartment?
2. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
3. What does Vava ask the guests to bring?
4. Why do Kira and her family flee?
5. Who is not paid for their labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
2. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
3. How does Kira feel toward Victor and his advances?
4. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
5. Why does Victor say that Kira's wish to become an engineer is inappropriate?
6. Why are Alexander and Vasili reluctant to join the Communist Party?
7. How does Kira's family respond to her goal of becoming an engineer?
8. What makes Andrei different from many other Communist supporters?
9. What sets Kira apart as an individual?
10. How might Kira's family feel in the first three chapters?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)