|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
2. Where does Kira go to work?
(a) The Technological Institute.
(b) House of the Peasant.
(c) She teaches with Galina.
3. When Kira serves only bread and onions for supper, what does she say?
(a) That Leo needs to get more food off the black market.
(b) That she actually really likes fried onions.
(c) That she was too tired to cook.
(d) That she already ate her portion.
4. Who tells Kira to "get her claws" into Leo?
5. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) Lydia's piano.
(c) Galina's jewlery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Galina react to the new apartment?
2. Who says that Kira is "selfish" and "anti-social"?
3. What does Vava ask the guests to bring?
4. Why can't Leo find a job?
5. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the House of the Peasant?
2. What happens to Leo's father's apartment?
3. What does Kira pretending to be a prostitute reveal about her?
4. In what ways does Kira fail to follow the dictates of society?
5. Why does Maria hide her handkerchiefs?
6. What is significant about Kira deciding to leave with Leo?
7. Why does Kira think that returning to Petrograd is the start of something wonderful?
8. Why does Leo feel there is much against him and Kira?
9. What happens between Kira and the British woman?
10. Why does Andrei order soup for Kira?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)