|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrei say is "friendly with the wrong kind of people"?
2. Who does Victor marry?
3. What does Galina offer Kira when she visits her with things to sell?
(b) Her furniture.
(c) A stack of paper.
(d) Her wedding dress.
4. Who wonders what they have done to "another man's soul"?
5. Who does Pavel go after for his share of the money?
6. Who are partners in the food store?
(a) Leo, Karp, and Pavel.
(b) Leo, Karp, and Victor.
(c) Leo, Karp, and Andrei.
(d) Leo, Pavel, and Andrei.
7. Why does Andrei tell Kira he had to stop seeing her?
(a) Because he has a girlfriend.
(b) Because he disagrees with her politically.
(c) Because she's too expensive to date.
(d) Because he loves her.
8. Who tells Leo about their idea for a food store?
9. Who is told that they don't have many friends left in the Communist Party?
10. What does Leo buy once he has money?
(a) Foreign-made clothes.
(c) He hides his money.
11. What does Leo buy for Victor's wedding?
(d) A vase.
12. How long is Leo at the sanatorium?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) Two months.
13. Who does Andrei say his gifts are for?
(a) Kira's family.
(b) His mother.
14. Who leads the group of soldiers into Leo's apartment?
15. Victor's engineering degree and marriage should help him with what?
(a) Feeling more successful than Kira.
(b) Becoming closer to his family.
(c) Getting a better position in the Communist Party.
(d) Getting a loan for a bigger house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira tell Andrei after Leo's arrest?
2. Who does Kira meet that is against the Communist Party?
3. Leo says that life is easier when ________.
4. Who joins the Communist Party?
5. What does Andrei confess he is worried about when Kira pretends to attend a meeting, but visits him instead?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)