|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galina ask Kira for?
(d) A place to live.
2. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Go to art school.
(b) Kira hasn't decided yet.
(c) Become a dancer.
(d) Become an engineer.
3. What happens to Lenin in the spring of 1923?
(a) He loses power.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He gets re-elected.
(d) He dies.
4. Maria and Vasili's family can best be described as ______?
(a) Struggling financially.
(d) Government officials.
5. What is Leo not allowed to see Kira do?
(d) Get dressed.
6. What does Kira find to be "ignoble"?
(a) Entertainment and joy.
(c) Dancing girls.
(d) Work and effort.
7. Who else is traveling the same way Kira and Leo are?
(a) No one else is traveling with them.
(c) Leo's family.
8. Where does Kira go to work?
(a) She teaches with Galina.
(b) The Technological Institute.
(c) House of the Peasant.
9. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
(b) That it's like they never left.
(c) That they may have been better to not return.
(d) She is indifferent.
10. How does Galina react to the new apartment?
(a) She is surprisingly pleased with it.
(b) She does not like the color.
(c) She says it can be made into a home.
(d) She says she feels overwhelmed.
11. Who gets elected to a position at the rally Kira attends?
12. Who tells Marisha about the available room in Kira and Leo's apartment?
13. How does Kira describe the way she responds to the feelings she has had throughout her life?
(a) She doesn't share them with strangers, only with close friends.
(b) She doesn't know what prompts them and can't identify them.
(c) She hides her truest feelings even from herself.
(d) She finds them to control her and she sometimes disagrees with them.
14. Where do Leo and Kira often escape?
(c) Leo's father's apartment.
(d) The country.
15. How are Vasili and Alexander similar before the revolution?
(a) They both participated in the revolution.
(b) They were both wealthy and ended up losing most of their possessions.
(c) They were both wealthy and had to bribe officials to survive.
(d) They both had to hide their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kira meet in the park for the first time?
2. Why does Victor visit his family often?
3. In Kira's youth she...
4. Why does Galina return to their old home?
5. What happens at the rally Kira attends?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)