|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kira and her family arrive at the beginning of this book?
(c) St. Petersburg.
2. Why does Lydia tell Kira that wicked women like her should not be allowed to live?
(a) Because Kira broke Lydia's piano.
(b) Because Kira stole.
(c) Because Kira disagreed with Lydia about Communism.
(d) Because Kira spent the night with Leo.
3. How does Kira try to have Marisha thrown out of the apartment?
(a) Kira hides her Communist Union of Youth card.
(b) Kira gives money to the Upravdom.
(c) Kira asks Leo to put her stuff on the street.
(d) Kira tricks Marisha.
4. What feeling does Kira worship?
5. Why can't Leo find a job?
(a) Because he did not finish school.
(b) Because he is not looking for one.
(c) Because he was fired from his last job.
(d) Because he is not a member of a trade union.
6. Kira's sister feels that Kira...
(a) Is the favorite.
(b) Gives up easily.
(c) Always gets her way.
(d) Is manipulative.
7. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(c) Father and daughter.
(d) Brother and sister.
8. What is Leo not allowed to see Kira do?
(b) Get dressed.
9. What political party is in command of Russia?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The sides are still at war.
(c) The White Party.
(d) The Revolutionaries.
10. Why do Kira and her family flee?
(a) Lack of jobs.
11. Where does Leo end up working after he starts going to the University?
(a) For the Communists.
(b) At the state's publishing company.
(c) At the Technological Institute.
(d) At the university.
12. What happens to Russia?
(a) It gains power over Europe.
(b) It dissolves.
(c) It becomes the USSR.
(d) Lenin dies.
13. Why does Kira's family travel on the "threshold of a box car"?
(a) Because they were late arriving to the station.
(b) Because it was cheaper.
(c) Because it was the newest way to travel.
(d) Because there were not enough seats in the passenger cars.
14. Whose illness becomes worse in the spring?
15. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apartment Kira's family moves into like?
2. What happens when Kira meets Leo for the second time?
3. How does Kira describe the way she responds to the feelings she has had throughout her life?
4. Where does Kira go to work?
5. Who says they cannot take on the duties of the G.P.U. again?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)