|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters XIV through XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kira's family stay in the city?
(a) At a boarding house.
(b) With Kira's older brother.
(c) At their old house.
(d) With Kira's aunt.
2. Who does Kira meet in the park for the first time?
(b) A communist officer.
3. What scares Kira away from buying food on the black market?
(a) A group of soldiers who were following her.
(b) Leo's scolding words.
(c) A man with a gun hidden in his jacket.
(d) Seeing an old woman being revealed and arrested.
4. What does Andrei discover in the second wardrobe in Leo's room?
(a) A note from Pavel.
(b) Counter-revolutionary literature.
(c) Smuggled food.
(d) Kira's clothing.
5. Where does Kira go to work?
(a) House of the Peasant.
(b) The Technological Institute.
(c) She teaches with Galina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the beginning of this book?
2. What does Kira learn about Galina the night she visits Kira's apartment?
3. How does Kira's family react to Andrei?
4. What does Kira point out about her presence in Andrei's life?
5. What is the new "position" Leo takes after his arrest and release?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)