|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters I through IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kira find to be "ignoble"?
(a) Dancing girls.
(b) Work and effort.
(d) Entertainment and joy.
2. When Kira and Leo discuss their future, what do they talk about?
(a) Engineering degrees.
(d) Getting married.
3. What does Kira send home to her family in the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(d) A letter.
4. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) That it is the beginning of something wonderful.
(c) That it's like they never left.
(d) That they may have been better to not return.
5. How does Lydia react to the return of her piano?
(a) She practices for three hours a day.
(b) She rarely plays the piano.
(c) She says they should sell it for extra money.
(d) She says she was happier without it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kira meet in the park for the first time?
2. Who does Irina say is trying to be "broadminded" when it comes to Victor's political choices?
3. What of Kira's family's possessions is left?
4. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
5. How does Kira feel about the food store?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)