|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters XII through XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kira's family surviving financially?
(a) Selling their ration cards.
(b) The textile store.
(c) They are living off of their savings.
(d) The soap business.
2. Why does Kira stay away from her and Leo's garden meeting place?
(a) She promised not to return there.
(b) She is angry at Leo.
(c) She fears she might see him with someone else.
(d) She does not want to see it without him.
3. What does Leo tell Stepan?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he will sign any confession.
(c) That he was traveling alone.
(d) That he is hungry.
4. Who asks a clerk for an extra week's ration card?
5. Why does Kira ask Andrei if he feels like he is missing something?
(a) Because he hasn't loved anyone before.
(b) Because he does not belong to the Communist Party.
(c) Because he belongs to the Communist Party.
(d) Because he was late to the opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alexander's business?
2. When Kira serves only bread and onions for supper, what does she say?
3. Who tells Kira that he trusts her, although he doesn't know why?
4. What happens to Lenin in the spring of 1923?
5. Where does Leo say he is going the night Kira finds out she won't be questioned any further?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)