|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IX through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Galina offer Kira when she visits her with things to sell?
(b) Her wedding dress.
(c) A stack of paper.
(d) Her furniture.
2. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He says that women are needed in other areas.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He says he will help her.
(d) He calls her smart.
3. What does Kira say is able to evoke feelings of joy in her?
(a) A song.
4. How does Lydia react to the return of her piano?
(a) She rarely plays the piano.
(b) She practices for three hours a day.
(c) She says she was happier without it.
(d) She says they should sell it for extra money.
5. Why does Vasili say he always wanted a son?
(a) Because he had to pass on the business.
(b) Because there were too many women.
(c) Because he can completely trust a son.
(d) Because he wanted to pass on his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kira find it hard to be in the same room with Leo?
2. What is the apartment Kira's family moves into like?
3. What does Andrei ask Kira the night he admits he had to stop seeing her?
4. How does Tonia describe her relationship with the food store?
5. Where do Kira and her family arrive at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)