|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters IX through XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Victor at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) He moves into a new apartment.
(b) He is given a new job on a hydroelectric project.
(c) He buys Marisha an expensive gift.
(d) He is questioned about his role in Sasha's arrest.
2. Where does Kira tell Leo the money came from?
(b) Her parents.
(c) A wealthy uncle in Budapest.
(d) An error in her paycheck.
3. Who discovers Victor in Marisha's room?
4. How does Tonia describe her relationship with the food store?
(a) She says she knows nothing of it.
(b) She says she owns her own food store.
(c) She says she helped fund the store.
(d) She says she is a full partner.
5. Who are partners in the food store?
(a) Leo, Pavel, and Andrei.
(b) Leo, Karp, and Victor.
(c) Leo, Karp, and Pavel.
(d) Leo, Karp, and Andrei.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kira pretend to be a prostitute?
2. Why has no one been assigned the extra rooms of Victor's apartment?
3. What does Andrei confess he is worried about when Kira pretends to attend a meeting, but visits him instead?
4. Who does Pavel go after for his share of the money?
5. Who does Kira meet that is against the Communist Party?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)