|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapters VIII through XI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander's business?
(a) It makes enough money to survive.
(b) It fails.
(c) He has to put it on "hold".
(d) It makes only a little money.
2. What business does Alexander begin?
(b) Textile factory.
(c) Pig processing.
(d) Soap making.
3. How is Kira's family surviving financially?
(a) They are living off of their savings.
(b) The soap business.
(c) The textile store.
(d) Selling their ration cards.
4. Why does Kira pretend to be a prostitute?
(a) She wants to get a reaction out of people.
(b) She wants to earn extra money.
(c) She wants to stay with Leo.
(d) She is trying to avoid arrest.
5. Where do Kira and her family arrive at the beginning of this book?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Vasili and Alexander similar before the revolution?
2. Why do Kira and her family flee?
3. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
4. How does Kira feel about their return to the city?
5. Who else is traveling the same way Kira and Leo are?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)