|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters V through VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irina fear will happen to Sasha?
(a) Irina fears Sasha will join the Communist Party.
(b) Irina fears Sasha will be exiled to Siberia.
(c) Irina fears Sasha will be executed.
(d) Irina fears Sasha will discover her affair.
2. Why does Kira need more money after she and Leo are expelled?
(a) To send Leo to a sanatorium.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To move back with her family.
(d) To send to her family.
3. Who discovers Victor in Marisha's room?
4. What does Leo buy once he has money?
(a) He hides his money.
(d) Foreign-made clothes.
5. Why does Lydia tell Kira that wicked women like her should not be allowed to live?
(a) Because Kira stole.
(b) Because Kira spent the night with Leo.
(c) Because Kira disagreed with Lydia about Communism.
(d) Because Kira broke Lydia's piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "easier to get one--than two--out of the G.P.U."?
2. Who gets arrested an hour before their train departs?
3. Why does Kira wear old clothes to work?
4. How does Lydia respond when Andrei asks her to play the piano?
5. How does Kira respond to the mandatory excursion guides' meeting?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)