Part One: Chapters I through III
1. Where do Kira and her family arrive at the beginning of this book?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Father and daughter.
3. Maria and Vasili's family can best be described as ______?
(b) Struggling financially.
(c) Government officials.
4. What does Victor study?
(c) Victor does not go to school.
5. How are Vasili and Alexander similar before the revolution?
(a) They were both wealthy and had to bribe officials to survive.
(b) They were both wealthy and ended up losing most of their possessions.
(c) They both had to hide their families.
(d) They both participated in the revolution.
6. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Kira hasn't decided yet.
(b) Go to art school.
(c) Become a dancer.
(d) Become an engineer.
7. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he will help her.
(c) He says that women are needed in other areas.
(d) He calls her smart.
This section contains 4,402 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)