Part One: Chapters I through III
1. Where do Kira and her family arrive at the beginning of this book?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. What is the relationship between Victor and Kira?
(b) Father and daughter.
(c) Brother and sister.
3. Maria and Vasili's family can best be described as ______?
(c) Struggling financially.
(d) Government officials.
4. What does Victor study?
(b) Victor does not go to school.
5. How are Vasili and Alexander similar before the revolution?
(a) They both participated in the revolution.
(b) They were both wealthy and ended up losing most of their possessions.
(c) They both had to hide their families.
(d) They were both wealthy and had to bribe officials to survive.
6. What does Kira say she wants to do with her life?
(a) Become a dancer.
(b) Kira hasn't decided yet.
(c) Become an engineer.
(d) Go to art school.
7. How does Victor respond to Kira's plans for her life?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He says he will help her.
(c) He calls her smart.
(d) He says that women are needed in other areas.
This section contains 4,402 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)