|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the groom's friend that reads his family's messages in "Wedding"?
2. Where are Aunt Fostalina's two jobs?
(a) At a school and at a hospital.
(b) At a bakery and at an art museum.
(c) At a hospital and a nursing home.
(d) At a bank and at a florist.
3. Where does Aunt Fostalina go to see to Tshaka Zulu in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Jackson Heights nursing home.
(b) Rose Hill nursing home.
(c) Shadybrook nursing home.
(d) Heavenway nursing home.
4. Where does the woman in the blue dress discuss terrible things happening in Africa in "Wedding"?
(b) The Congo.
5. How much money does Marina say the Lamborghini costs in the parking lot in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Almost $200,000.
(b) Almost $100,000.
(c) Almost $3 million.
(d) Almost $2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they shut school down early and send everyone home on the last day of classes in “Hitting Crossroads"?
2. Of what celebrity does Darling say in “Hitting Crossroads," "I know that she can go anywhere in the world and get a baby wherever she wants"?
3. What DVD does Darling look at with a picture that looks like Nelson Mandela on the cover in “Hitting Crossroads"?
4. Who is the translator that translates the messages from the groom's family in "Wedding"?
5. What animal does the family car hit on the way to the wedding in "Wedding"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darling and her friends do at J.C. Penney in "Hitting Crossroads"?
2. How does Darling describe her impressions of America in “Destroyedmichygen”?
3. How does the narrative style of the novel change in "How They Left"?
4. How is the bride described in "Wedding"?
5. How is the character of Kristal described in the novel?
6. How is the setting of Shadybrook nursing home described?
7. How would you describe Darling's circumstances in "My America"?
8. How has Uncle Kojo's demeanor changed in “My America"? Why?
9. How would you describe the household where Darling works as a housecleaner in "My America"?
10. For what reasons does Darling discover she cannot visit home in "Angel"?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)