|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darling describe the bride physically in "Wedding"?
2. Who is the owner of the house that Darling cleans for in "My America"?
3. In "How They Left," the narrator states, "When things fall apart, the children of the land scurry and scatter like" what?
(a) "Deer running from a forest fire."
(b) "Antelope running from lions."
(c) "Birds escaping a burning sky."
(d) "Rabbits in a drought."
4. How much money does Marina say the Lamborghini costs in the parking lot in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Almost $2 million.
(b) Almost $3 million.
(c) Almost $100,000.
(d) Almost $200,000.
5. Where does the woman in the blue dress discuss terrible things happening in Africa in "Wedding"?
(d) The Congo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Darling in "Angel"?
2. Who wins the race back to the car in “Hitting Crossroads"?
3. Where is Godknows going to live in “This Film Contains Some Disturbing Images”?
4. What is the name of the groom in "Wedding"?
5. What is Tshaka Zulu's short stabbing spear called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darling describe her impressions of America in “Destroyedmichygen”?
2. For what reasons does Darling discover she cannot visit home in "Angel"?
3. How would you describe the household where Darling works as a housecleaner in "My America"?
4. How does the narrator describe the isolation of immigrants in "How They Left"?
5. Where are Darling and her family going to attend a wedding in "Wedding"? How is this setting described?
6. What happens in the exchange between Darling and Chipo in "Writing on the Wall"?
7. What do Darling and her friends do at J.C. Penney in "Hitting Crossroads"?
8. What does Aunt Fostalina obsess over throughout the novel? Why?
9. How would you describe the communications between Darling and her friends back home in "Angel"?
10. What game do the children play after the funeral in "For Real"? How is the game described?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)