|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Darling and her friends go to try on clothing in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(b) J.C. Penney.
2. When did Darling begin working at the grocery store where she works in "My America" ?
(a) In 11th grade.
(b) In 10th grade.
(c) In 9th grade.
(d) In 12th grade.
3. Where does Aunt Fostalina go after hanging up the phone with the saleswoman in "Angel"?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To the garden.
4. Where does Aunt Fostalina go to see to Tshaka Zulu in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Rose Hill nursing home.
(b) Jackson Heights nursing home.
(c) Heavenway nursing home.
(d) Shadybrook nursing home.
5. What is the name of the woman in the blue dress's niece that is a bridesmaid in "Wedding"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Darling and her friends going in “Hitting Crossroads"?
2. What is Darling drinking when she asks Aunt Fostalina about visiting home in "Angel"?
3. What is the name of the school that Darling is attending in "Wedding"?
4. What does Darling call Uncle Kojo behind his back in "My America"?
5. Whom does Prophet Revelations Bitchington Mborro compare the bereaved to in "For Real"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the character of Kristal described in the novel?
2. Who is Tshaka Zulu and how is his character introduced?
3. What is illuminated through Darling's conversation with the white woman in the restroom in "Wedding"?
4. How does the narrative style in “How They Lived” stand apart from the other chapters in the novel?
5. What game do the children play after the funeral in "For Real"? How is the game described?
6. How would you describe the communications between Darling and her friends back home in "Angel"?
7. What do Darling and her friends do at J.C. Penney in "Hitting Crossroads"?
8. What happens in the exchange between Darling and Chipo in "Writing on the Wall"?
9. Whose car have Darling and her friends taken in “Hitting Crossroads"? Why?
10. What does Aunt Fostalina obsess over throughout the novel? Why?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)