|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darling call Uncle Kojo behind his back in "My America"?
(d) Vasco da Gama.
2. What color is the mother of the bereaved wearing at the funeral in "For Real"?
3. Where has Aunt Fostalina bought a house for Mother of Bones and Darling's mother in "Angel"?
(b) South Africa.
4. Who sends Darling a text message to say she has had sex with her boyfriend in "Writing on the Wall"?
5. Who plays MaDube in the game of pretend in "For Real"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women suggest the groom has married the bride when they gossip in the restroom in "Wedding"?
2. Who is the "fat black pig" from the passport office that several women slept with in order to leave Zimbabwe, according to the narrator in "How They Lived"?
3. What is the name of Darling's uncle with whom she lives in "Destroyedmichygen"?
4. What time is it when the car hits an animal in "Wedding"?
5. Who is the owner of the house that Darling cleans for in "My America"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Uncle Kojo's demeanor changed in “My America"? Why?
2. Whose funeral is observed by Darling and her friends in "For Real"? Why is the funeral significant?
3. How would you describe the communications between Darling and her friends back home in "Angel"?
4. How would you describe Darling's circumstances in "My America"?
5. How is the character of Kristal described in the novel?
6. How does Darling describe her impressions of America in “Destroyedmichygen”?
7. How is the character of Marina described in the novel?
8. What does Aunt Fostalina obsess over throughout the novel? Why?
9. What action does Darling commit that causes her to be looked down upon by the guests in "Wedding"?
10. How does the narrative style of the novel change in "How They Left"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)