|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who from the show "ER" does Sbho pretend to be in "We Need New Names"?
(a) Dr. Bullet.
(b) Dr. Cutter.
(c) Dr. Ross.
(d) Dr. Roz.
2. Where do Darling and her friends find guavas to harvest in "Blak Power"?
(a) On Robert Street.
(b) On Julius Street.
(c) On Mzilikazi Road.
(d) On Masiyephambili Road.
3. What is the toddler holding hands with in the picture in the white people's house in "Blak Power"?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A kitten.
4. What is the name of Annamaria's son?
5. What street do the children choose to steal fruits from in "Hitting Budapest"?
(a) Julius Street.
(b) Robert Street.
(c) Mzilikazi Road.
(d) Masiyephambili Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the red car that enters the gate of the fancy estate in "Blak Power"?
2. Why does Darling cross into Budapest in "Hitting Budapest"?
3. Who was Stina's teacher when the children still went to school?
4. What is the first reason Darling says they have decided to get rid of Chipo's stomach in "We Need New Names"?
5. What road do you take to get to Shanghai from Budapest, according to the narrator in "Country-Game"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the perceptions of the coming election in "Real Change"?
2. What do the children observe at the overseer's tent when they arrive in “Country-Game”?
3. Who is Mother of Bones and why is Darling staying with her in "Darling on the Mountain"?
4. How is the setting of Budapest described? Where is this setting in relation to Paradise?
5. How old is the protagonist when the novel begins? What is her family like?
6. What happens when the white couple comes to the door in "Blak Power"?
7. What is the symbolic significance of the Lamborghini that appears in the novel?
8. What is revealed regarding Chipo's circumstances in "Hitting Budapest"?
9. What happens when the lorries from NGO arrive in “Country-Game”?
10. What is ironic about the development that is being erected in “Country-Game”?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)