|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Chipo in "Hitting Budapest"?
2. Who won the country-game today, according to Darling in "Hitting Budapest"?
3. What does Darling describe having done to the picture of Jesus on Mother Jones's calendar in "Darling on the Mountain"?
(a) She painted the eyes brown.
(b) She drew a cross over the face.
(c) She drew an X over the face.
(d) She painted the eyes blue.
4. Who discovers Darling and her friends when they are preparing to remove Chipo's stomach in "We Need New Names"?
(b) Mother of Bones.
(d) Darling's mother.
5. What is the name of Bastard's little sister that he is supposed to be watching in "Hitting Budapest"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What road is Darling not supposed to cross with her friends in "Hitting Budapest"?
2. How old is the woman who asks to take the children's picture in "Hitting Budapest"?
3. What is the toddler holding hands with in the picture in the white people's house in "Blak Power"?
4. How old is Sbho in "Hitting Budapest"?
5. What happens to the urine in the cup in "We Need New Names"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the children respond to the woman from London in "Hitting Budapest"?
2. How is the setting of Budapest described? Where is this setting in relation to Paradise?
3. How is the guard described that the children encounter in "Blak Power"?
4. How is the interior of the white couple's home described in "Blak Power"?
5. What is the symbolic significance of the Lamborghini that appears in the novel?
6. From whose perspective is the narrative of We Need New Names related? Why do you think the author has chosen this narrative style?
7. Where does Darling attend church services with Mother of Bones? How is this setting described?
8. How does the narrative style change in “How They Appeared"?
9. What do the children observe at the overseer's tent when they arrive in “Country-Game”?
10. What does Prophet Revelations Bitchington Mborro require to heal Darling's father?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)