|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is MaS'banda's granddaughter?
2. Where has Darling's mother gone in "Darling on the Mountain"?
(a) To sell things at the border.
(b) To visit her sister in America.
(c) To see her mother in Budapest.
(d) To see her husband in South Africa.
3. On what day of the month do the posters remind people to vote in "Real Change"?
(a) The 28th.
(b) The 12th.
(c) The 16th.
(d) The 20th.
4. What does Darling describe Sbho's fortune cookie saying in "Country-Game"?
(a) "Your future will be happy and productive."
(b) "Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded."
(c) "The nightlife is for you."
(d) "If I bring forth what is inside me, what I bring forth will save me."
5. What do the children do in the bedroom of the white people's house in "Blak Power"?
(a) They urinate on the floor.
(b) They smash all of the mirrors.
(c) They jump on the bed.
(d) They steal the clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is We Need New Names related?
2. Where did Darling's cousin Madante go to work, according to the narrator in "Darling on the Mountain"?
3. Where is the woman from that asks to take the children's picture in "Hitting Budapest"?
4. How old is Sbho in "Hitting Budapest"?
5. In "Darling on the Mountain," Darling compares the color of Mother of Bones's face to the color of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Prophet Revelations Bitchington Mborro's character described?
2. How is the guard described that the children encounter in "Blak Power"?
3. How is the setting of Budapest described? Where is this setting in relation to Paradise?
4. What is ironic about the development that is being erected in “Country-Game”?
5. Why are people streaming into Paradise in "How They Appeared"?
6. What is revealed regarding Chipo's circumstances in "Hitting Budapest"?
7. From whose perspective is the narrative of We Need New Names related? Why do you think the author has chosen this narrative style?
8. What happens when the white couple comes to the door in "Blak Power"?
9. How old is the protagonist when the novel begins? What is her family like?
10. What does Chipo reveal to Darling during the church service in "Darling on the Mountain"? Why?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)