|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the mother of the bereaved at the funeral in "For Real"?
2. What is the name of the school that Darling attended in Zimbabwe?
(a) Fambeki Primary School.
(b) Paradise Elementary School.
(c) Masiyephambili Elementary School.
(d) Queen Elizabeth Primary School.
3. What news channel does the woman in the blue dress describe watching in "Wedding"?
(c) FOX News.
4. In "For Real," the narrator says, "I used to be very afraid of graveyards and death and such things, but not anymore. There is just no sense being afraid when you live so near the graves; it would be like" what?
(a) "The cat fearing the birdcage."
(b) "The fish fearing the worm."
(c) "The pot fearing the kettle."
(d) "The tongue fearing the teeth."
5. Where are Aunt Fostalina's two jobs?
(a) At a hospital and a nursing home.
(b) At a bakery and at an art museum.
(c) At a school and at a hospital.
(d) At a bank and at a florist.
6. What is the name of Darling's uncle with whom she lives in "Destroyedmichygen"?
7. Where is Marina from?
8. Who is the "fat black pig" from the passport office that several women slept with in order to leave Zimbabwe, according to the narrator in "How They Lived"?
(a) Banyile Khoza.
(d) Sekuru Tendai.
9. What is the year of death listed on the grave in "For Real"?
10. Who wins the race back to the car in “Hitting Crossroads"?
11. Who is the former housekeeper where Darling works in "My America"?
12. Where is the wedding that Darling is going to attend in "Wedding"?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Napa, California.
(c) South Bend, Indiana.
(d) Anderson, North Dakota.
13. To whom does Darling describe her mother taking her get her to smoke from a gourd before she left for America in "Destroyedmichygen"?
14. Who is the talkative cashier from the grocery store that Darling waits with outside in "My America"?
15. Who does Tshaka Zulu attack with a spear in "My America"?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A bank guard.
(c) A pizza delivery guy.
(d) A mailman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol is in white on the flag over the coffin in "For Real"?
2. What does Darling say the last book she read was in “Hitting Crossroads"?
3. Whom does Prophet Revelations Bitchington Mborro compare the bereaved to in "For Real"?
4. Of what celebrity does Darling say in “Hitting Crossroads," "I know that she can go anywhere in the world and get a baby wherever she wants"?
5. From what narrative perspective is "How They Lived" related?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)