|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is "How They Lived" related?
(a) First-person singular.
(b) Second-person plural.
(c) Third-person, limited.
(d) First-person plural.
2. What grade is Darling finishing in school in “This Film Contains Some Disturbing Images”?
(a) 9th grade.
(b) 8th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 6th grade.
3. Darling describes the snow as being as white as what in "Destroyedmichygen"?
(a) Cotton fields.
(b) Clean teeth.
4. How old is Darling in "Angel"?
5. What musical celebrity does Darling express disdain for in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Whitney Houston.
(b) Britney Spears.
6. What does Darling say the last book she read was in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) The Old Man and the Sea.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
7. What is the name of Godknows's sister in the photograph in "Destroyedmichygen"?
8. Who is the boy that Darling describes being bullied until he hung himself in "Wedding"?
9. Who had to take his siter Netsai out of school in order to come to America?
(d) Mr. Gono.
10. What color is the mother of the bereaved wearing at the funeral in "For Real"?
11. What is Darling drinking when she asks Aunt Fostalina about visiting home in "Angel"?
(a) A glass of orange juice.
(b) A Coca Cola.
(c) A Pepsi.
(d) A Capri Sun.
12. What is the name of NaSandi's son?
13. Where is Darling living in "Angel"?
(a) Kalamazoo, Michigan.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
14. What is the name of Darling's uncle with whom she lives in "Destroyedmichygen"?
15. Who tells Darling she abandoned her home, leading Darling to smash her computer, in "Writing on the Wall"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Darling begin working at a housecleaner in "My America"?
2. Who has called Aunt Fostalina's house in “This Film Contains Some Disturbing Images”?
3. Whose diary did Darling find and read in the house where she cleans in "My America"?
4. What news channel does the woman in the blue dress describe watching in "Wedding"?
5. Where are Darling and her friends going in “Hitting Crossroads"?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)