|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the groom in "Wedding"?
2. What does Aunt Fostalina get frustrated while trying to order on the phone in "Angel"?
(a) A push-up bra.
(b) A waterbed.
(c) A rowing machine.
(d) A necklace.
3. Who is the "fat black pig" from the passport office that several women slept with in order to leave Zimbabwe, according to the narrator in "How They Lived"?
(a) Banyile Khoza.
(b) Sekuru Tendai.
4. Where is Darling living in "Angel"?
(a) Kalamazoo, Michigan.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
5. What DVD does Darling look at with a picture that looks like Nelson Mandela on the cover in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(c) Out of Africa.
(d) Malcolm X.
6. What is the name of the school that Darling is attending in "Wedding"?
(a) Wright Academy.
(b) Central Academy.
(c) Smithson Academy.
(d) Washington Academy.
7. Who is the owner of the house that Darling cleans for in "My America"?
8. What is the name of NaSandi's son?
9. Who is driving the car in “Hitting Crossroads"?
10. Where does Aunt Fostalina go to see to Tshaka Zulu in “Hitting Crossroads"?
(a) Heavenway nursing home.
(b) Shadybrook nursing home.
(c) Jackson Heights nursing home.
(d) Rose Hill nursing home.
11. Of what celebrity does Darling say in “Hitting Crossroads," "I know that she can go anywhere in the world and get a baby wherever she wants"?
(a) Oprah Winfrey.
(b) Kate Blanchette.
(c) Angelina Jolie.
(d) Whitney Houston.
12. Darling says in "Wedding" that school is so easy in America even what could pass?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A donkey.
13. Whose funeral are Darling and her friends observing in "For Real"?
14. Where has Aunt Fostalina bought a house for Mother of Bones and Darling's mother in "Angel"?
(c) South Africa.
15. Who worked the fields of Botswana for nine months in order to emigrate from his home country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Darling and her friends going in “Hitting Crossroads"?
2. What did Tshaka Zulu sell for his passport and travel?
3. In what year was the bereaved born in "For Real"?
4. Why do the women suggest the groom has married the bride when they gossip in the restroom in "Wedding"?
5. What does the woman in the blue dress ask Darling to do in "Wedding"?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)