|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bastard's uncle working with in the mines that was shot by soldiers?
2. What is the first reason Darling says they have decided to get rid of Chipo's stomach in "We Need New Names"?
(a) "If we let her have the baby, she will just die."
(b) "Her parents will kill her if they find out."
(c) "It makes it hard for us to play."
(d) "She is sick."
3. Who is MaS'banda's granddaughter?
4. Where does Stina's uncle now live, according to the narrator in "Hitting Budapest"?
(a) The United States.
(d) Great Britain.
5. Where do Darling and her friends go to get rid of Chipo's stomach in "We Need New Names"?
(a) Behind Heavenway.
(b) To Darling's shack.
(c) To Chipo's shack.
(d) To MotherLove's shack.
6. MaS'banda has gotten the children to come to Shanghai to find what man in "Country-Game"?
(b) Mr. Gono.
7. Who was Stina's teacher when the children still went to school?
(b) Mr. Gono.
(c) Sekuru Tendai.
8. Where did MaDumane go to become a housemaid, according to the narrator in "We Need New Names"?
(b) South Africa.
9. What does Fat Mangena say they are building in "Country-Game"?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A church.
10. Who is the healer of Darling's village that she passes going to church in "Darling on the Mountain"?
(c) Mother of Bones.
11. What is the name of NaBetina's grandson?
12. What does Darling's father call her when he arrives home?
(a) "My daughter."
(b) "My son."
13. "How They Appeared" begins with the line, "They did not come to Paradise. Coming would mean that they were" what?
14. What color uniforms do the Chinese men wear in Shanghai in "Country-Game"?
15. What game was Darling playing when she comes in to find her father at home in "Shhhh"?
(d) Find bin Laden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Darling's father in "Darling on the Mountain"?
2. Who discovers Darling and her friends when they are preparing to remove Chipo's stomach in "We Need New Names"?
3. Where does Darling say she has seen the queen from the picture before in "Blak Power"?
4. Who won the country-game today, according to Darling in "Hitting Budapest"?
5. What has Bornfree promised to give the children for distributing posters in "Real Change"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)