|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Merricat return to the house in Chapter 8?
(a) For dinner.
(b) To see if Charles has left yet.
(c) To change her clothes.
(d) To find Jonas.
2. Who does Merricat sometimes see on the Blackwood property?
(b) Mrs. Wright.
(d) Building inspectors.
3. What do the village children grab during the mayhem in Chapter 8?
(a) The library books.
(c) Preserves from the cellar.
(d) Constance's spice cookies.
4. What does Constance give to Charles in Chapter 6?
(a) Julian's shoes.
(b) A key to the gate.
(c) Her father's watch.
(d) The library books.
5. Why hasn't Merricat buried anything around the summerhouse?
(a) Because Jonas warned her not to.
(b) Because the ground there is evil.
(c) Because it is too far from the main house.
(d) Because the ground is too wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman called Ethel tell some children outside the Blackwoods' house?
2. Who does Charles bring with him to the Blackwood house in Chapter 10?
3. Who tells everyone at the house to stop taunting the girls?
4. Who does Merricat try to act more kindly to in Chapter 6??
5. To what does Merricat liken Charles's scream in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Helen Clarke's goal when she comes by the house in Chapter 9?
2. What act commences the villagers' attack on the Blackwoods' house?
3. How does Charles show his greediness in Chapter 6?
4. What do the girls decide to do in honor of Uncle Julian in Chapter 9?
5. Faced with a ruined home, what do Constance and Merricat decide to do?
6. How do the villagers show kindness in Chapter 10?
7. What do Constance and Merricat hear a woman tell some children in the Blackwood's yard?
8. What state is the kitchen in when the girls return home?
9. In Chapter 10, what does Merricat build to protect her and her sister? What item is brought from the house to add to it?
10. What claim does Julian make about Merricat in Chapter 7?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)