|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Constance prepare for Merricat to eat in Chapter 9?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Chicken soup.
(d) Jam toast.
2. What does Constance give to Charles in Chapter 6?
(a) A key to the gate.
(b) The library books.
(c) Julian's shoes.
(d) Her father's watch.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Merricat say she is not allowed to touch?
(b) Her mother's fine china.
4. Where does Merricat find Jonas sleeping in Chapter 6?
(a) On the roof of the porch.
(b) In her secret hiding place.
(c) Among the lettuce plants.
(d) In Charles' room.
5. What feature of the Blackwood house do women on the lawn talk about in Chapter 10?
(a) The wainscotting.
(b) The staircase.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The marble floors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a song that Constance plays in Chapter 6?
2. Who killed the Blackwood family?
3. What does Constance bake in Chapter 7?
4. What blocks the kitchen door when Constance and Merricat return home?
5. What does Constance decide to do with Uncle Julian's papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Constance apologize to Merricat about at the end of Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Merricat take from her father's room and why?
3. After the fire, what does Merricat say are her new safeguards? Why does she think she needs new ones?
4. What claim does Julian make about Merricat in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Merricat build to protect her and her sister? What item is brought from the house to add to it?
6. What does Merricat do when she peeks in at Charles's room in Chapter 8?
7. How do the villagers show kindness in Chapter 10?
8. What does Charles say which causes Merricat to run away in Chapter 7?
9. How do the villagers act while the Blackwoods' house is burning? What does Charles do while the house is burning?
10. Faced with a ruined home, what do Constance and Merricat decide to do?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)