|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Merricat and Constance sweep the rubble to?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The back porch.
2. Who killed the Blackwood family?
(b) Mrs. Blackwood.
3. What does Julian fret about while the house is burning?
(a) His wheelchair getting muddy.
(b) His papers.
(c) Having to go out in the cold.
(d) His suits.
4. Who does Merricat not expect to be at Julian's funeral?
(b) Mrs. Wright.
(c) The Carringtons.
(d) The Clarkes.
5. What does Merricat ask Charles to do in Chapter 6?
(a) To go away.
(b) Repair the back steps.
(c) Run an errand in the village.
(d) Help Constance go to the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merricat fantasize about turning Charles into?
2. What does Merricat see happen at the house while in the forest?
3. Who does Jim Clarke bring to the house in Chapter 9?
4. What does Julian say happened to Merricat at the orphanage?
5. What does Charles examine in the drawing room in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Merricat see and hear in the night from her hiding spot?
2. What does Charles discover hidden in Chapter 7? How does Merricat think he found it?
3. How do the villagers show kindness in Chapter 10?
4. What act commences the villagers' attack on the Blackwoods' house?
5. In Chapter 6, how does Merricat describe the way Charles has taken over her house?
6. How do the villagers act while the Blackwoods' house is burning? What does Charles do while the house is burning?
7. What state is the kitchen in when the girls return home?
8. After the fire, what do the sisters find to use for clothing?
9. What do Merricat and Constance say to each other when they are safe at Merricat's hiding place?
10. In Chapter 10, what does Merricat build to protect her and her sister? What item is brought from the house to add to it?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)