|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat nail to a tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A ring.
(b) A watch.
(c) A watch chain.
(d) A coin.
2. What does Julian fret about while the house is burning?
(a) His suits.
(b) Having to go out in the cold.
(c) His wheelchair getting muddy.
(d) His papers.
3. What does Merricat feel within the house when she goes home in Chapter 8?
4. How long has it been since Merricat last went to the summerhouse?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Six years.
5. What does Constance think Julian would have been buried in?
(a) Clothes from a charity shop.
(c) His robe.
(d) One of Jim Clarke's old suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Merricat sometimes see on the Blackwood property?
2. What does Merricat use to barricade the sides of the house in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Merricat return to the house in Chapter 8?
4. What did Merricat's mother want to do to the summerhouse?
5. What does Merricat notice about Constance in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charles discover hidden in Chapter 7? How does Merricat think he found it?
2. After the fire, what does Merricat say are her new safeguards? Why does she think she needs new ones?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Merricat see and hear in the night from her hiding spot?
4. After the fire, what do the sisters find to use for clothing?
5. Why does Charles come back to the Blackwood house?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Merricat take from her father's room and why?
7. What does Charles say which causes Merricat to run away in Chapter 7?
8. What do the girls decide to do in honor of Uncle Julian in Chapter 9?
9. What state is the kitchen in when the girls return home?
10. What does Merricat do in order to get Charles to leave her house?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)