|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since the Blackwell family died?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What is Constance's relationship to the man who comes to call in Chapter 4?
(a) They are employer and employee.
(b) They are childhood friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are former lovers.
3. What does Merricat's uncle rely on to get around?
(a) A zimmerframe.
(b) A wheelchair.
(d) A cane.
4. Who owns the nicest home in the village?
(a) The Carringtons.
(b) The Shepherds.
(c) The Clarkes.
(d) The Rochesters.
5. What is Mrs. Wright's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the village children sing songs about?
2. In which month did Mary Katherine last go to the library?
3. What is Constance afraid to do?
4. What does Merricat hope would happen to the people who come to her house uninvited?
5. Where does Merricat write the first of her three powerful words?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merricat say will remind her to be kind to Uncle Julian in Chapter 4?
2. What are Merricat's safeguards as described in Chapter 3?
3. How does Merricat describe her sense that something is going to change is Chapter 4?
4. How does Charles try to make conversation with Merricat in Chapter 5?
5. What are Mary Katherine's thoughts about the Rochester house?
6. Which of Merricat's safeguards does she find has fallen in Chapter 4?
7. What was Mary Katherine's routine when she visited the village?
8. What does Julian describe in detail in Chapter 3?
9. What does Mary Katherine wonder about the library books in Chapter 1?
10. Describe the Blackwoods' collection of preserves.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)