|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary Katherine imagine her house being in Chapter 1?
(a) In a jungle.
(b) On the moon.
(c) On an isolated island.
(d) Floating above the village.
2. Who was accused of the Blackwoods' murders?
(a) A local hobo.
(b) Merricat's uncle.
3. What is the name of Merricat's uncle?
4. What has Merricat nailed to a tree to keep evil away?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A horseshoe.
(c) A pie plate.
(d) A book.
5. What does Mrs. Donell say about Katherine's family?
(a) They always sent cards at Christmas.
(b) They threw the best parties.
(c) They always set a nice table.
(d) They had a lovely house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not allowed in Julian's room?
2. Where did Merricat go while Constance was on trial for murder?
3. In which month did Mary Katherine last go to the library?
4. What does Merricat have buried in the long field?
5. Who is Jonas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Charles never come to help the Blackwood sisters before?
2. What do Helen and Mrs. Wright encourage Constance to do in Chapter 2?
3. What does Julian describe in detail in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Helen Clarke bring with her to the Blackwoods'? How do Merricat and Constance feel about having an extra guest?
5. What does Constance consider wearing in Chapter 5? What does this tell us about her?
6. Who comes to see Julian in Chapter 3? What does Constance do before his arrival?
7. What does Merricat speak to Constance about playfully at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. How does Merricat describe her sense that something is going to change is Chapter 4?
9. What kinds of things does Merricat say the people who would come to her house looking for Constance after the murders would do?
10. What are Mary Katherine's thoughts about the Rochester house?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)