|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat decide to do on her most powerful day in Chapter 7?
(a) Have a tea party with Jonas.
(b) Walk to the village.
(c) Get rid of Charles.
(d) Bury some charms.
2. Who throws a rock through the Blackwood's window?
(a) Jim Donell.
(b) A small boy.
3. What does Merricat feel within the house when she goes home in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Merricat say she cannot go anymore in Chapter 10?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The creek.
(c) The summerhouse.
(d) The libary.
5. Who does Merricat not expect to be at Julian's funeral?
(a) The Clarkes.
(c) Mrs. Wright.
(d) The Carringtons.
6. What day does Merricat consider to be her most powerful?
7. What does Merricat nail to a tree in Chapter 6?
(a) A ring.
(b) A coin.
(c) A watch.
(d) A watch chain.
8. What did Merricat's mother want to do to the summerhouse?
(a) Rebuild it.
(b) Board it up.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Burn it down.
9. What does Merricat complain about Charles leaving everywhere in Chapter 6?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(c) Dirty teacups.
(d) His shoes.
10. What do Constance and Merricat fashion dresses out of?
(b) Potato sacks.
11. What does Merricat notice about Constance in Chapter 8?
(a) Constance is well made-up.
(b) Constance's eyes are red.
(c) Constance is limping.
(d) Constance is in a bad mood.
12. What does Merricat fantasize about turning Charles into?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fox.
(d) A fly.
13. What does Merricat bury by the creek in Chapter 10?
(a) Julian's gold pencil.
(b) Julian's cufflinks.
(c) Julian's neck tie.
(d) Julian's glasses.
14. What does Merricat admire at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her secret hiding spot.
(c) A sparkly charm hanging from a tree.
(d) The sunset.
15. In which room does Constance find nothing has been destroyed?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The dining room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merricat refer to Charles in Chapter 7?
2. What does Merricat tell Constance when she wakes up in Chapter 9?
3. Which room of the house does Merricat hate to go in?
4. What stopped Merricat's mother from going to the summer house?
5. What does Merricat not put in Charles's room?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)