|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat propose making clothes from?
(a) Animal furs.
(c) Julian's clothes.
(d) Leaves and moss.
2. Which of the following supplies did the villagers ruin?
(a) The sugar.
(b) The salt.
(c) The potatoes.
(d) The flour.
3. Where does Merricat find Jonas sleeping in Chapter 6?
(a) In Charles' room.
(b) In her secret hiding place.
(c) Among the lettuce plants.
(d) On the roof of the porch.
4. What does Constance bake in Chapter 7?
(a) Gingerbread cookies.
(b) Spice cookies.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) Chocolate chip cookies.
5. What do Constance and Merricat fashion dresses out of?
(b) Potato sacks.
6. How does Julian describe Charles?
(a) As rude.
(b) As confused.
(c) As naive.
(d) As dishonest.
7. What does Merricat imagine she sees while at the summerhouse?
(a) Her family.
(b) Charles watching her from the window.
(c) A flying horse.
(d) A ghost.
8. What does Merricat use to barricade the sides of the house in Chapter 10?
(a) Tree boughs and branches.
(c) Broken furniture.
(d) Bricks and lumber.
9. What does Charles find which Merricat had burried?
(a) Merricat's doll.
(b) Merricat's clock.
(c) Merricat's silver dollars.
(d) Merricat's marbles.
10. In the board game in Merricat's mind, what is the result of the fire?
(a) Return to start.
(b) Game over.
(c) Lose one turn.
(d) Go back three spaces.
11. What does Constance bake in Chapter 6?
(b) A cherry pie.
(d) Apple crumble.
12. In Chapter 6, what does Charles tell Constance she shouldn't keep in the house?
(a) A cat.
(c) Old newspapers.
13. What does Charles try to fix in Chapter 7?
(a) A broken step.
(b) A crack in the wall.
(c) A broken cupboard.
(d) A radiator.
14. In Chapter 9, what do the girls find lying just inside the drawing room door?
(a) Their mother's portrait.
(b) A pile of their clothes.
(c) Julian's wheelchair.
(d) The safe.
15. What does Merricat complain about Charles leaving everywhere in Chapter 6?
(a) His shoes.
(c) Cigarette butts.
(d) Dirty teacups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constance give to Charles in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Constance say Helen cannot come for tea anymore?
3. In Chapter 7, what does Merricat say she is not allowed to touch?
4. What stopped Merricat's mother from going to the summer house?
5. What feature of the Blackwood house do women on the lawn talk about in Chapter 10?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)