|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Katherine's sister's name?
2. What does Merricat keep at her secret hiding spot?
(a) A tin of food.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A journal.
(d) A clock.
3. What does Mrs. Donell say about Katherine's family?
(a) They threw the best parties.
(b) They always set a nice table.
(c) They had a lovely house.
(d) They always sent cards at Christmas.
4. What does Merricat notice as she watches Constance and Charles talk?
(a) That they act like they are in love.
(b) That Charles doesn't listen to what Constance says.
(c) That Constance is not shy around him.
(d) That Charles is bossing Constance around.
5. Who was accused of the Blackwoods' murders?
(b) Merricat's uncle.
(c) A local hobo.
6. What is Constance afraid to do?
(a) Prepare meals.
(b) Light a fire.
(c) Handle a knife.
(d) Leave the Blackwood property.
7. What has Merricat nailed to a tree to keep evil away?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pie plate.
(c) A book.
(d) A horseshoe.
8. What does Merricat's uncle rely on to get around?
(b) A cane.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A zimmerframe.
9. Why does Merricat go outside in Chapter 4?
(a) To walk to the village.
(b) To play with Jonas.
(c) To collect the mail.
(d) To see a deer in the yard.
10. How does Stella treat Mary Katherine?
(b) With generosity.
(d) With distain.
11. Where does Charles sit at dinner?
(a) On the porch.
(b) At the kitchen counter.
(c) In Merricat's spot.
(d) In the girls' father's chair.
12. Who is Stella?
(a) Mary Katherine's neighbor.
(b) Mary Katherine's schoolmate.
(c) The librarian.
(d) The coffee shop owner.
13. What does Merricat hope would happen to the people who come to her house uninvited?
(a) That they would be arrested.
(b) That they would die.
(c) That they would meet with bad luck.
(d) That they would be bitten by snakes.
14. What does Merricat say the long field looks like in Chapter 4?
(a) An ice rink.
(b) A fluffy quilt.
(c) An ocean.
(d) A large rug.
15. What kind of day does Merricat say it will be in Chapter 5?
(a) A horrible day.
(b) A glittering day.
(c) A slow day.
(d) A rainy day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the murdered Blackwoods have for dessert before their deaths?
2. What does Mary Katherine imagine while she is shopping?
3. What is Mary Katherine's surname?
4. Where does Mary Katherine imagine her house being in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the man who comes to the house in Chapter 4?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)