|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Katherine believe is entitled to own the nicest house in the village?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her childhood friend.
(c) Her sister.
2. What does Julian say should have been poisoned with the arsenic?
(a) The potatoes.
(b) The rarebit.
(c) The salad.
(d) The apple jelly.
3. How does Mrs. Wright come across in Chapter 2?
(a) As rude.
(b) As uptight.
(c) As immature.
(d) As ignorant.
4. What does Merricat recite facts about to Charles?
(a) Local birds.
(b) Serial killers.
(c) Poisonous mushrooms.
(d) Extinct animals.
5. What does Merricat suggest Constance make for Julian in Chapter 3?
(b) Fruit salad.
6. Where does Merricat's uncle tell Mrs. Wright about the murders?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the parlour.
7. What do Constance's guests encourage her to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Re-enter society.
(b) Enter a baking contest.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Go see a doctor.
8. What does Merricat consider replacing her father's book in the tree with?
(a) A hair brush.
(b) A fork.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A necklace.
9. What does Merricat imagine her buried baby teeth might someday turn into?
(d) Cherry trees.
10. What does Merricat reject as her third powerful word?
11. What kind of day does Merricat say it will be in Chapter 5?
(a) A slow day.
(b) A glittering day.
(c) A rainy day.
(d) A horrible day.
12. On what day does Merricat check that her safeguards on the property are in place?
13. How many years has it been since the Blackwell family died?
(a) Six years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
14. What does Merricat say is coming in Chapter 3?
(a) A mail delivery.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A change.
15. What do the village children call Mary Katherine?
(a) Mary Killer.
(c) Crazy Mary Kay.
(d) Bloody Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Merricat and Constance feel about having an uninvited guest in Chapter 2?
2. Who owns the nicest home in the village?
3. What does Merricat do to make Charles go away in Chapter 5?
4. How many months have the library books been sitting on the shelf in Chapter 1?
5. What does Merricat tell Constance about Charles?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)