|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Julian's doctor?
(a) Dr. Levy.
(b) Dr. Mason.
(c) Dr. Ames.
(d) Dr. Davis.
2. What does Merricat imagine her buried baby teeth might someday turn into?
(c) Cherry trees.
3. What is in the Blackwoods' orchard?
(a) Four apple trees.
(b) A few tree stumps.
(c) Six cherry trees.
(d) A dozen peach and plum trees.
4. What does Julian say should have been poisoned with the arsenic?
(a) The rarebit.
(b) The apple jelly.
(c) The potatoes.
(d) The salad.
5. Who is not allowed in Julian's room?
(b) Helen Clarke.
6. Where does Merricat have a secret hiding spot?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the woods.
7. What does Merricat say the long field looks like in Chapter 4?
(a) An ocean.
(b) An ice rink.
(c) A fluffy quilt.
(d) A large rug.
8. How does Mrs. Wright come across in Chapter 2?
(a) As ignorant.
(b) As rude.
(c) As immature.
(d) As uptight.
9. How does Charles act toward Julian?
10. How old is Constance in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty years old.
(b) Twenty-eight years old.
(c) Twenty two years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
11. What does Merricat talk about eating on the moon in Chapter 5?
(b) Rose petals.
12. What does Charles offer to do for Merricat?
(a) Dig up her treasures.
(b) Send her to a fancy school.
(c) Build her a treehouse.
(d) Run her Tuesday errands.
13. What does Constance do on Saturdays?
(a) Works in her garden.
(b) Goes to town.
(c) Reads on the porch.
(d) Walks to the neighbors'.
14. Who does Julian often mistake Constance for?
(a) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister-in-law.
15. Besides the library, where did Mary Katherine usually stop when she went to the village?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The bank.
(d) The post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Merricat's powerful words?
2. What does Merricat reject as her third powerful word?
3. Where does Merricat's uncle tell Mrs. Wright about the murders?
4. How did the Blackwoods die?
5. Which of the following describes Julian's doctor in Chapter 3.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)