|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jonas?
(a) The Blackwood's handyman.
(b) Merricat's imaginary friend.
(c) Merricat's cat.
(d) Merricat's cousin.
2. What does Mary Katherine imagine while she is shopping?
(a) The she is a princess.
(b) That she can read minds.
(c) That she is in a board game.
(d) That she is being chased by pirates.
3. Where does Merricat's uncle tell Mrs. Wright about the murders?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) In the dining room.
(d) In the parlour.
4. What is Constance's relationship to the man who comes to call in Chapter 4?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are former lovers.
(c) They are childhood friends.
(d) They are employer and employee.
5. What does Merricat tell Constance about Charles?
(a) That he is a monster.
(b) That his is an imposter.
(c) That he is a devil.
(d) That he is a ghost.
6. How did the Blackwoods die?
(a) In an automobile accident.
(b) From carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) From arsenic poisoning.
(d) In a house fire.
7. What does Merricat say is coming in Chapter 3?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(c) A mail delivery.
(d) A change.
8. What does Merricat find near the creek in Chapter 4?
(a) A nest of baby snakes.
(b) A dead raccoon.
(c) A fallen bird's nest.
(d) A frog.
9. How many years has it been since the Blackwell family died?
(a) Six years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
10. What does Merricat do to make Charles go away in Chapter 5?
(a) Locks him outside.
(b) Sprinkles dirt in his bed.
(c) Smashes a glass on the floor.
(d) Threatens him.
11. What do the village children sing songs about?
(d) Mary Katherine's clothes.
12. What do Merricat and Constance find Charles doing in the kitchen in Chapter 5?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Eating a piece of pie.
(c) Looking at Julian's papers.
(d) Shining his shoes.
13. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
14. Who is Jim Donell?
(a) A peddler.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The fire chief.
(d) The post master.
15. Where does Merricat write the first of her three powerful words?
(a) In the steamed-up window.
(b) On a scrap of newspaper.
(c) In the jam of her toast.
(d) Outdoors in dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merricat suggest Constance make for Julian in Chapter 3?
2. What does Merricat reject as her third powerful word?
3. What is kept in the Blackwood cellar?
4. What does Julian describe in detail in Chapter 3?
5. Who is Stella?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)