|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julian say should have been poisoned with the arsenic?
(a) The potatoes.
(b) The salad.
(c) The apple jelly.
(d) The rarebit.
2. What does Merricat recite facts about to Charles?
(a) Serial killers.
(b) Poisonous mushrooms.
(c) Local birds.
(d) Extinct animals.
3. In which month did Mary Katherine last go to the library?
4. What does Merricat's uncle talk about in Chapter 2?
(a) Travelling in Europe.
(b) An insurance policy.
(c) Going to church.
(d) An argument with his brother.
5. What is Mary Katherine's surname?
6. How does Stella treat Mary Katherine?
(a) With generosity.
(d) With distain.
7. What does Mary Katherine imagine while she is shopping?
(a) That she is in a board game.
(b) That she can read minds.
(c) That she is being chased by pirates.
(d) The she is a princess.
8. What does Merricat notice as she watches Constance and Charles talk?
(a) That Charles doesn't listen to what Constance says.
(b) That they act like they are in love.
(c) That Charles is bossing Constance around.
(d) That Constance is not shy around him.
9. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
10. What does the stranger who comes to the house in Chapter 4 call from outside?
(a) That he is with the press.
(b) That he is looking for Constance.
(c) That he is looking for Julian.
(d) That he is a police officer.
11. What do Merricat and Constance find Charles doing in the kitchen in Chapter 5?
(a) Eating a piece of pie.
(b) Shining his shoes.
(c) Looking at Julian's papers.
(d) Smoking a pipe.
12. What is Mrs. Wright's first name?
13. On which days did Mary Katherine routinely go to the village?
(a) Wednesdays and Saturdays.
(b) Tuesdays and Sundays.
(c) Tuesdays and Fridays.
(d) Mondays and Fridays.
14. What does Mary Katherine think of the villagers?
(a) They are mean.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They are better than her.
(d) They are kind.
15. Who was accused of the Blackwoods' murders?
(b) A local hobo.
(c) Merricat's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merricat go to get for Constance which leads her to see an approaching stranger in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Mary Katherine imagine her house being in Chapter 1?
3. Who is not allowed in Julian's room?
4. How can Merricat tell that Julian is well when she goes home in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mrs. Donell say about Katherine's family?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)